Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more App Description & Overview
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, and many more languages with Babbel, the shortest path to real-life conversations in a new language. Developed by a team of language learning experts, Babbel has helped millions of people speak a new language with confidence.
The Babbel Method
Here’s what makes Babbel more effective than any other language learning app:
1. Confidence — Our goal is to get you speaking from your very first lesson. And our elegantly designed courses give you the confidence to get there. We teach you how to engage in practical, everyday conversations, making it easier for you to have authentic experiences in your new language.
2. Comprehension — Our lessons immerse you in relevant culture and real-life conversations. We want you to really take in the language, not just memorize useless phrases. And we provide helpful hints in English (or your native language) to make your new language more relatable.
3. Retention — We know you’re busy. That’s why our lessons are short but sweet: about 10-15 minutes, and designed to send your new language straight to long-term memory. We regularly refresh your memory with our dynamic review sessions, which target areas where you need improvement most. Finally, we make sure you really grasp what you’re learning by bringing it back later in a new context.
• 14 languages to choose from
• 10-15 minute, bite-sized lessons that fit conveniently into your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of useful topics, from travel to business (and more!)
• Speech recognition technology to keep your pronunciation on point
• Courses at a variety of skill levels, making Babbel ideal for both beginners and more advanced learners
• Our robust Review Manager helps you retain new vocabulary
• Learning progress that’s synchronized across all your devices, so you can easily pick up right where you left off
Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish, English, Indonesian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian
Works for your goals
After just one month, you will be able to speak confidently about practical topics, such as:
• Making friends and socializing
And much more!
What people are saying about Babbel:
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language-learning sphere.” -The Next Web
“Babbel’s lessons, unlike Duolingo’s, first focus on building basic conversational skills.” -The Economist
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses in 13 languages.” -PC Magazine
*Named 2016’s “most innovative company in education” by Fast Company*
*The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App*
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language.
Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings.
When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
Hugs, not bugs.
That’s what we’d prefer. Unfortunately, bugs happen. So, in those rare moments we’re not enjoying the warm embrace of a hug, we’re working hard to fix what needs to be fixed and introducing new features that improve your learning experience.
• Memory trainers adapted to bigger screensizes
• Formatting fixes for word order trainers
Did you know?
About 500,000 to 2,000,000 people speak Esperanto — an artificial language created in the 19th century.
Questions? Feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected]
Do you like Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more apps? Please share!
Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more App Tips & Tricks
Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more Screenshots
Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more Video
Babbel – Learn Languages Spanish, French & more Reviews
This app is AMAZING!!!!!! I learned how to speak sphanis in like a week make sure u go downloaded babble
Russian lessons very accurate
No words to describe how awesome
Its so cool, i can learn spanish easier and more fun than some other apps.
My iPhone 7 won't download Adobe Flash so I've paid for a product I cannot use. How to contact to get a refund? No one answers phone or email.
Rip off. Sure to be repeated every "billing cycle" because I cannot get the charges stopped/refunded.
Really, I should have known not to sign up. It reeked of SCAM.
Needs more languages
Please add more languages, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian languages....
UPDATE: Thanks for taking consideration in the suggested languages Babbel team!
Easy and it works
This app makes it pretty simple to learn to speak and it seems to be working pretty good.
Poor Lesson Planning
While the app functions well for the most part, the lesson plans seem almost random. The apps tends to teach you phrases instead of words, and then just has you repeat them. Instead of teaching you the individual words "do" "you" "have" "money" it will just teach you the phrase "do you have money" and then ask you to input that phrase throughout the lesson, never really Training your brain to utilize the words.
Don't label app as free and charge later. Wouldn't have downloaded app if it wasn't free. "In app purchases" meaning 1st lesson is free and the rest of it is a paid subscription. Wasted time setting up and registering.
By The Original theALIKA
I like It
I really enjoy this app but the keyboard is in English and I can't change to German so I can't spell Straße or Heißt correctly in the app!!! Frustrating!
Good App- Do not like So much spelling
I travel to Germany often for work so I downloaded this app to learn how to speak in German. The app works well and is well thought out.
However, I do not like all the typing and spelling you have to do. I have a hard enough time spelling in English, much less a beginners class in a foreign language. I often do not get credit for passing a lesson because I spelled the correct word wrong. That is super frustrating. I would understand an intermediate or advanced lesson focusing on spelling but beginners just need to build vocabulary. That is how we learned as kids.
I would ask the developers to considering focusing on knowing and recognizing the words.
Great app, with a few issues
I really like this app but there are a few things I'd like to see changed: make it so you can go back a "page" without having to retake the whole lesson, and don't quickly go to the next page automatically. Sometimes I'd like to look over the completed answer to let it sink in, but the app quickly goes on by itself. Put a "next" button on each page.
If there were a search box to find the spot in a lesson where something was taught and you could review, that would be great. The alphabetical list of review vocabulary doesn't encompass everything that was taught.
Other than this, I have learned quite a bit from Babbel even though I am at a high intermediate level. There is vocabulary in here that I didn't know, even after several years of study in Spanish.