MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner App Description & Overview
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from supported recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration date and inventory location
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Add non-recipe items (like oatmeal or bananas) to your meal plan using the Quick Add feature
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
DISCLAIMER: This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustrative purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
• New look, new icons and lots of UI improvements
• Faster and more accurate recipe importing from the web
• Smart quantity comparison
• Fixed aspect ratio problem with custom recipe images
• You can now edit the recipe description from the app
• Added search filter when selecting recipes belonging to a category
• Added In-Stock recipe category
• Improved recipe layout
• Printing function now prints the scaled version of the recipe
• Bug fixes
Do you like MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner apps? Please share!
MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner App Tips & Tricks
MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner Screenshots
MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner Video
MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner Reviews
Excellent app. It does 99% of the tasks I want in a shopping app. I was using another one and have tossed it. The only thing I can think of is the lack of a detailed tutorial. I'm learning by trial and error. LOVE it.
UPDATE OF ORIGINAL REVIEW: 4/22/17 Obviously the developers thought of a lot of things I didn't and have improved it greatly. Two additional things I would like:
First let me print or display a single list with multiple stores. This would allow me to assign particular items to the only store that carries it and still only have one list on shopping day.
Second let me prepare a list of all coupon items with expiration dates. Currently I miss many savings opportunities
Still a excellent app. Absolutely the best of the several I've tried
Use It Every Week
I love this app! I use it every week! It has been so helpful to get our family planning meals ahead of time. It also helps keep me on track and on budget when I go to the grocery store. (My only suggestion would be sharing info between two phones. Sometimes my hubby goes to the grocery store instead of me and it would be nice if he had the app and all the info.)--- Solved! Best CS!!
Not enough recipes. Not worth the price of the app. :( Update: Developer clarified you have to import recipes.
Just what I need
A straightforward, easy to use app. I love it.
By Cranky mom 2013
My husband can add grocery items and see what's planned for dinner. If things change - like we go out with friends- I can change the menu and move that days meal to a new day. I can even add recipes that I can then immediately add to a future date so I'm not just collecting recipes I never make. Personally, enjoy the iPad version better but I just sync across devises and I have my grocery list on my phone.
Don't waste your money, no refunds!
Trash trash trash! Do not waste your money on this worthless app!
This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. Super easy, incredibly organized, very user friendly. Provides easy meal planning, recipe organizer, itemized grocery lists, and a pantry inventory (with scanner!). One of the best parts, you can easily import recipes right from the internet (from your favorite sites, pins, etc) straight into your recipe bank. You can also customize every aspect of the app to your exact needs. I love everything about this app!
While not perfect, it's the best one I've found. The only two things I would add are 1) when you taking something out of inventory, you should be able to scan the item and then choose from a pop up whether or not to add one or delete one. Right now it automatically adds one when you scan something. 2) a way to import recipes from living cookbook or other databases so you have your own recipes handy and 3) suggest recipes from your database of recipes or from online, based on what is in your pantry.
Best app for meal planning and shopping
Love this app! So helpful in meal planning and grocery shopping.
What I have been waiting for...
I am in love. I was just asking my husband how hard is it to create an app just like this... It has everything I have been looking for and things I didn't even know I wanted... Well worth the time to enter recipes and grocery list! You will love it too!
Waste of money
I intend to get a refund after writing this review. Can't import recipes from the web, meaning every single ingredient in every recipe has to be added manually, which takes forever. The reason I wanted to use this app was to save time. Also when I was trying to add ingredients, the keyboard wouldn't go down so I couldn't see half the page. might be a good app once you get your recipes added (though I'd prefer to use it today, not in 5 years)
Also, different brands of items have different nutritional info so I'd like to see the food database broaden substantially. If you're going to charge customers just to download the app, it should probably be more user friendly and efficient, just saying!
Great. Perfect for our family. Makes meal planning a cinch!