ibisPaint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 30 million times in total as a series, which provides 142 brushes, over 2300 materials, over 990 fonts, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Unlimited colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
The applications ibis Paint was published
in the category Entertainment on 2011-06-21 and
was developed by ibis inc..
The file size is 45.68 MB.
The current version is 5.5.10 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Now you can save a Pressure Adjustment Graph specific for each digital stylus. The Pressure Adjustment Graph for a digital stylus is shown and editable when you select the stylus in the Settings window.
- Improved some texts shown in alert boxes, buttons, or other places of UI.
- Some improvements on UI layouts.
- Changed the name of the "Extract Drawing" filter to "Extract Line Drawing".
- Removed the "Tweet a notification to your twitter when published" button in the Preferences window.
- Now the Font list window automatically scrolls when the app inserts downloadable fonts so that the currently selected font keeps to be seen in the screen, except when you have already scrolled the window manually.
- Now the messages that appear when you are trying to use an unsupported tool for a layer (e.g., using the Brush tool for a Text layer) are shown for 2 seconds, while in older versions they were shown for 1 seconds.
- Added an item "3D Touch" to the Stylus List window (shown in the Settings window) on devices with 3D Touch. If you want to see and edit the Pressure Adjustment Graph for 3D Touch, first select the "3D Touch" in the Stylus List window.
- Improved the default setting of the Pressure Adjustment Graph for Wacom stylus. To use this setting, press the "Reset" button in "Pressure Sensitivity" of the Settings window while Wacom stylus is connected.
- Now a guidance message will be shown in the Pressure Adjustment Graph when you cannot use SonarPen (for example, the app does not have access to microphone) while you have selected it in the Settings window.
- Now a guidance message will be shown in the Pressure Adjustment Graph when the 3D touch is disabled in the iOS settings while you have selected it in the Settings window.
- Now the minimum size of a canvas is 1x1 on many devices. On some devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), iPhone 5s、iPad Air (1st generation), iPad mini 2、iPad mini 3) the minimum size is 9x9.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where using both of screen tone and clipping in an artwork file leads to crash on some devices.
- Fixed a bug where the area of selected pixels by the Lasso tool is shifted by 0.5 pixels from the area you have specified actually.
- Fixed a bug that the app sometimes crashes in the Canvas screen when you closed a window which contains a browser.
- Fixed a bug of the Import from Photo Library feature where you can operate the Layer window after you have selected an image and are waiting for the Transform tool to launch.
I have it and I live wit it hoods I liked it's I want to draw an anime!! It’s a app that paint enime. I draw an awesome art on western stuf and japanese
I’ve yet to master this app but I’m excited for it. The layer feature is amazing and the brushes all mesh together so well. Totally worth the $7!
I thought it would be a good app to use but I don’t really like it cause it doesn’t tell you how to use it you have to waste your money on a game that doesn’t work as well and it’s not my phone I have the iPhone XR I would not use this app the only thing I wanted this app for is to make some gacha life edits and it would not let me so prefer not fitting this app not trying to be mean or anything, I just don’t like the app as much I’m my opinion lol
I love ibis paint so much. There are so many things I can do in this one app! I can share my art, and also look at others art! Keep up the good work!bye now!
Awesome app been using it for 4 years or more but I’m starting to try computer drawing and It would be great if this could be used on Computers too
very good when i want to make kpop aesthetics
Thank you! So much for this app to be here I headed some new characters by this app and ibspaintx there’s no way people can’t stand this app o can do this for hours and hours or maybe do my series I hope you like the letter!
I really love this drawing app! But, whenever I go to type my artist name (@grimmcrackerz) it takes a long time to type it and it annoys me so much. Please fix this issue! Thank you!
Yes!!! This is the best paint app I’ve ever seen even when compared to the play store apps!
I may not be a serious artist, but I do have a habit of editing for YouTube randomly. This is the perfect app. ❤️❤️⭐️⭐️
I have tried a few drawing app this is by far the most intuitive drawing comics and general illustration using iPad + pencil
I’ve been using this app for over 2 years now, and it’s never let me down! I recommend it to beginners on a low budget!
I use this app every day and it’s very easy to use. I’d just like some more brushes available. Like eye lashes and better glitter brushes.
i made a large image with 300dpi, which is 12mb. however when i download it or try to email it, it’s less than 1mb. this is a tshirt design and HAS to be the exact size and dpi i set it as, or it’ll print too small or blurry. why are you shrinking the file size without asking me?? i worked really hard on this image and it’s completely useless now because i can’t print it without destroying the quality
I enjoy all the features in ibis paint but my obly issue is that i cant yse the video in yourube videos unless its flipped and no-one wants to watch a sideways video some maybe you could add a function that allows that
This app is one of the best drawing apps i have used, The 2 touch feature is really handy and the app overall is simple and easy to use
The app is really great, and the controls are so easy to use. The problem is that for whatever reason, the save image button wouldn’t appear on the app when i tried to save my artwork. I would really appreciate if you could fix this whenever that’s possible.
its great but if you’re updating to ibis paint from ibis paint x, you have to update your color palette. i have my own palette. other than that it’s fantastic!
Really good controls, nice and responsive. Wide arrange of tools - would really love ability to create folders for layers
I have tried all the major art applications for the iPad Pro, so far Procreate was the only app I enjoyed until I found ibisPaint Excellent program I love the fact that you included a text box and a wide variety of fonts Is it possible to download more fonts into the program from outside sources? Can’t wait to continue learning the features Well done
Like any art program, it takes a while to get used to the tools. I would say this is the best choice of drawing app you could get on the IOS AppStore.
I love drawing on here^^
This app is almost perfect! All it’s missing is a custom brush maker and a fur brush! Other than that it is great!
Almost perfect app! Just one thing.. While the subscription model isn’t obligatory, please consider one time purchase for each new feature as an alternative to the subscription model. It’s very hard to stick with subscription model because of cumulative investment, which might not be affordable for most aspiring artists in the long run. Lots of people hate subscription model too, and they might stick to the current version even if they actually willing to pay few bucks for the new features that they use. From your perspective, you put lots of features frequently so one time purchase for each new feature would be very profitable too. I think like many people who love this app, we do care about the developer team, so thank you for reading this and I hope you would consider it. Thank you.
I would recommend using this app very much. It’s missing some miscellaneous features, but all the key important and useful features are present the lasso tool and layers takes a little getting used to but other than that it’s a really good well developed app.
I’ve been using this for a couple of years now and I love it. It’s great. It’s currently midnight and I don’t feel like talking that much, but just trust me.. this app is worth a try.
This is the best app ever it is so easy to understand than any other app that I used I can save my drawings of my photos post them on my Deviantart Page
Took me a few days but this app is legit
i have limited money on itunes due to there not being very many people that will pay for commissions with itunes giftcards,, well i had dropped my phone in my pool and all of my art was gone after getting the new one and the just putting the sim card into the new phone,, well something else happened that also pisses me off. i had payed for a addless version of your app and when i noticed there was adds at the top i became furious. not only did i lose over 160 pieces of art throughout this year and the last but i have to rebuy the addless version. thanks so much. you probably can’t help me but warning to those who payed for this. sadly being used to your controls and it taking too long for me to get used to any other platform i’m stuck still using ibispaint. i would like my money back but y’all probably won’t give it to me. please make a way to save your art to icloud its devastating that i lost so much. sincerely -allison (possum from ifunny)