ibisPaint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 20 million times in total as a series, which provides 142 brushes, over 2200 materials, over 700 fonts, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Unlimited colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
The applications ibis Paint was published
in the category Entertainment on 2011-06-21 and
was developed by ibis inc..
The file size is 45.68 MB.
The current version is 5.5.9 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added support for Apple Pencil (2nd Generation).
- Improved the default setting of the Pressure Adjustment Graph for SonarPen. To use this setting, please press the "Reset" button in "Pressure Sensitivity" of the Settings window while SonarPen is connected.
- Improved so that you can disable buttons on digital styluses. Please assign "No Selection" to "Button 1" or "Button 2" in the Settings window.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a problem on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR where the status bar is not displayed in Canvas, Playback, and Uploading screen.
- Fixed a problem on iPhone XS Max where the thumbs on Rulers are displayed too small.
[New Features in ver.5.5.0]
- Removed the limit of the maximum number of layers. (However the app runs slower if you add too many layers.)
- Added gestures to execute "Undo" by two fingers tap and "Redo" by three fingers tap on Canvas screen. (You can disable this function in the Settings window.)
- Added new filters: Radial Line filter and Speed Line filter.
- Added new prime filters: Tone Curve filter, Gradation Map filter and Clouds filter. (These are Prime features.)
- Added new blend modes: Invert, Lighter Color and Darker Color.
- Added a function to save DPI information when saving a PNG file.
- Added the support for color profiles (such as Display P3 profile) when loading image files.
This is a very cool game
The amount of freedom you get to use with the brushes and the layers, it’s amazing, highly recommended
Read the title you detail obsessed critic.
I liked it
I love this app! It’s easy to draw with, has a bunch of useful tools and it even has a stabilizer so your lines aren’t that shaky. But there’s one thing that’s bothering me. the “blur” tool! Whenever I try to use it on the color layer the color disappears around the lineart!
I payed for this app for $7 and it only unlocked one thing :| it’s the same app it just unlocks the brushes for you but even on the free app the brushes are unlockable with an add which is better than paying $7 for the same thing why do I still have to pay monthly to unlock stuff if I payed $7 :( also the app freezes when I try to draw on higher canvases
Im confused what is the difference between the app purchase and the free ibisPaint I have both apps and I see no difference between them
Ok so I downloaded this thinking it would be be better then ibis paint X I spent money on this app just to find out it's the exact same as the other except it's name changed and it cost money like what's the point of making you spend money when the other game is the same and doesn't cost money I WANT A REFUND!!!
I think IbisPaint is great!
i made a large image with 300dpi, which is 12mb. however when i download it or try to email it, it’s less than 1mb. this is a tshirt design and HAS to be the exact size and dpi i set it as, or it’ll print too small or blurry. why are you shrinking the file size without asking me?? i worked really hard on this image and it’s completely useless now because i can’t print it without destroying the quality
I enjoy all the features in ibis paint but my obly issue is that i cant yse the video in yourube videos unless its flipped and no-one wants to watch a sideways video some maybe you could add a function that allows that
I love the ui, the brushes, community and tools. But I’ve been experiencing some input lag? It doesn’t seem to be brush, layer or stabilisation related.... I can’t figure it out. The app lags when I’m drawing every now and again and it is really putting me off. It is only in this app. Any idea?
This app is one of the best drawing apps i have used, The 2 touch feature is really handy and the app overall is simple and easy to use
The app is really great, and the controls are so easy to use. The problem is that for whatever reason, the save image button wouldn’t appear on the app when i tried to save my artwork. I would really appreciate if you could fix this whenever that’s possible.
its great but if you’re updating to ibis paint from ibis paint x, you have to update your color palette. i have my own palette. other than that it’s fantastic!
Really good controls, nice and responsive. Wide arrange of tools - would really love ability to create folders for layers
Love blooms,thanx,jolley gooood,thanx,XAM SAY THE APP IS VERY NAVIGABLE BUT SOME AREAS NOT FUNCTIONING AS AUXPECTED,BUT SHOULD BE OK,CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER,XAM
I love this app definitely worth the money:3
I used to use Tayusi Sketches (full version) and then I discovered this. It's just beautiful. I would request some things like curve tools and more shapes, but either way it's amazing.
I love this app!!! It’s not complicated at all. Easy to Use. Heck I even draw on this for hours upon hours! Keeping on doing these type of apps and you will be the best. Thank you :3
If you can't afford a drawing pad or adobe software, this is the next best thing. Easy to learn how to use, and navigate through the toolbars. Easy to flip through layers and merge them. Also great for drawing on the go.
I’ve been using this app for around a year now, and I’ve made some pretty amazing drawings with it! Recently I’ve noticed that when I go to check the times for unfinished pieces they appear around 9 or 10 hours when I know I only worked on them for around 2 hours or so. Otherwise there’s not much that I see wrong with this app!
So I am using the magic wand tool and I don’t know how to stop it...
I’ve been searching the App Store for an amazing program and I finally found one, ibisPaint! Thanks so much for your hard work, this is awesome!
Better quality maybe? Watercolor brush? Thank you!
This app was awesome for drawing! I feel like someone who is OP at drawing! 😄
If u need a paint tool similar to sai don't look any further it gives you the best tools for drawing