Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Twitter and Mastodon from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Twitter and Mastodon.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Twitter Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet of Twitter. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images to Twitter from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Twitter and Mastodon.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Designed for iOS 12 and the Retina HD Display.
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• 3D Touch Peek and Pop in the message composer: peek at toolbar buttons (Link, Title, Text Clip) to get a quick preview and pop to insert in the message.
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Optimized for latest iPhone: XS, XS Max.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
The applications Linky for Twitter and Mastodon was published
in the category Social Networking on 2011-05-22 and
was developed by Pragmatic Code.
The file size is 16.16 MB.
The current version is 6.1.6 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
Fix sign-in issue with Pleroma Mastodon instance.
Great app love the concept! Still playing with it so I'll update soon as I have a real idea of its any good or not
I really really love this app. It allows me to share content to Twitter easily and rapidly with a lot of options to customize what I am sharing. Any chance this app can come to the Mac now that the share sheets are gone for Twitter?
The text says it works on Facebook so I purchased the app. However afterwards I noticed the fine print says it no longer works with Facebook. After they took my money. Dirty.
This app can no longer be connected to Facebook or Pages. $4 to post in TWO places. No thanks. I want my money back.
Very useful and have noticed it’s absence when I started using @VeroSocial heavily over the holidays. Keep up the great work.
It just works. I use both Masto and Twitter, so this app is perfect for me. I love how it grabs photos too from articles. The share extension is where this app really shines. I'd give this app 6 stars if I could. It's all about quickly sharing a link or post and moving on. Thank you for this app!
Top review talks about facebook, but read the app description. It is not supported.
I spent $3.99 thinking that this app could still connect to Facebook. I only learned about it after opening the app (which I had purchased already). Now I have no use for an app which I spent $3.99 dollars for. Is there a way to have my money I refunded?
The new way to express ones self! Thank yoy
Losing Facebook access was disappointing but this app is still the best way to post to Twitter.