WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• WERUN: Use Healthkit and Health app data to sync your step count on WeRun, where you can compete against friends with daily step rankings. Enable WeRun in “Settings” > “General” > “Plug-ins”.
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends' messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
The applications WeChat was published
in the category Social Networking on 2011-01-21 and
was developed by WeChat.
The file size is 238.81 MB.
The current version is 7.0.4 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
- When sending a Time Capsule, search and attach a background song.
- Send a private comment within your friend’s Time Capsule.
- New methods supported to register and login to your WeChat account
- Record a “Time Capsule” to chronicle the world through your eyes. “Blow a bubble” when viewing a friend’s Time Capsule to let your friend know you’ve opened it.
- A whole new design with a clearer, more intuitive interface.
- Configure an alert from a chat’s settings screen for a special alert when receiving a message.
No software worked! There is no possibility to register and gives Error!
My particular version will not allow me to cancel the account before I could first cancel wePay functionality. That’s something I have never used and the instructions for canceling that also was not accurate and does not apply to the GUI I see on my phone. Basically account sticks around for ever. Can not remove from their big scheme of controls
it won’t let me Re-Download the app..? when i had it, it was pretty good. but i had to re-download because it wasn’t letting me use a specific function so i thought i’d delete and re get it, but now it’s not letting me for some reason.
Requires highlighting and holding message, then arrow 3 times to translate!!! Very stupid!! Should be highlight and hold and hit translate. Too many steps to translate different languages!!
Many people are using it, but there are some problems
How can i dont have the option wechat pay?????
I have 2 phones and one has a wallet thing but this one doesn’t I rly want wechat pay but there’s no wallet option
Auto selects Chinese as language. Does NOT allow language change. This app is less then useless! If I could give less than 1 star, and still wright this review.... It would be negative stars!!!
Recently WeChat notification sounds are not working. Please repair the app. I am not the only one who has this issue, my friend in Indonesia is also experiencing this problem.
I can’t Download the app
For some unknown reason, Wechat decided to lock my girlfriend’s one week old account for ‘suspicious activity’. She has only used it to chat to my friend group, nothing suspicious at all. Furthermore, wechat won’t let me help her unlock her account even though I have been an user for more than two years. Not even a good chatting app on top of that.
Overall it’s all good to use and all that, but downloading this version means that you miss out on lots of emojis and emoticons and GIFs. Which is so disappointing.
How do you group call
Did you really test?
Amazing app! Free and simple!!! Perfect for everyone!!!,
absolutely love this app
It’s annoying and frustrating that there is no option to delete profile pictures 😡😡😡
The privacy on this app is much better than the likes of Facebook. A couple features that I believe would make this app into a 5 star experience would be to allow users to reply to individual messages like you can do on WhatsApp. Also consider offering a transliteration feature (mandarin to pinyin) for the Chinese learners amongst us. Other than these two suggestions, I have no complaints about wechat.
First of all, I love the APP. I give one star to get developer’s attention. Hope they will care. Many people use two phone and have two WeChat. One for work and one for life. I find other developers providing ways to allow people to use two WeChat on the same phone. So, why not WeChat do the same? I rather trust WeChat for this! I don’t like to switch from two accounts back and forth. Too much trouble!!!! So, Please!
It was working for me last night but now it won’t let me edit any photos at all.
Seems I’m not the only one. Less than a month ago, my account was blocked for ‘suspicious activity’ AKA abnormal login. Last time, I managed to have a friend help me unblock my account, but this second time it seems I can do nothing except give up or wait for another several months until I can try again. This is tedious and frustrating. I have no idea why I’m getting blocked for this.. I just have wechat on my pc and phone.. how am I getting penalized for ‘abnormal login?’ I have contacts on wechat I don’t want to lose.. but our only way to communicate is through wechat and I can’t even recover my account now. It may be easy for people in China to use, but for everyone else in the world it’s just straight up difficult. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong or how to prevent this.. wish it could be easier.
I keep on getting logged out and it calls it “suspicious activity” and I have to get a friend to unlock it. Very annoying and unusable.
Like previous reviews I see here, it simply cannot work anymore. Silly instruction for verification by other friends users reaps no results. Suspect this is caused by some serious security issues that are apparent with this app that has led them to resort to such steps in keeping the line current. Verification methodology also very silly having to involve someone else's as oppose to using the accounts email. Not enough thought has been put into this app.
Fix the [email protected]@@@ing shake😤
Can’t even log in, so how do we use it?
Trying logout for 10 mins, keep asking me to set a password for current account , and give me error in Chinese: “参数错误”, uninstalled instead
Try to install the app, but during the log in I got advised that I am using a invalid phone number. But I an using my correct mobile number. Si the app us not recognizing the existing mobile number. App for me useless.
Dear Developer , I am using IOS version of your app . It's is very good app but lately it has stopped showing messages or calls notification when the app is closed. Before we would get all notifications even if the app has been closed. I hope you fix this issue ASAP . Thanks
You are not able to login easily. Too many systematic errors.
Very good but the app needs those extra Chinese features especially those cute stickers/gifs etc. Please let us in the West have those!!
Within a week of setting up accounts to use while travelling in China, my brother (and his wife) and I were receiving scam phone calls from China from premium rate callback hustlers.
I can not get messages sent to me in Chinese to translate. To English can anyone help
Very good. But is missing all the features the Chinese version has... whether hats a good or bad thing is up to the end user. I see the Chinese version you can gift people for special occasions, charities, or pay for things in general. I know that requires a huge amount of validation and security... but would it kill them to bring over all those amazing Emoji/GIF sticker packs to the West? Some I can add in after I receive them from contacts; but none are in the sticker store on the English version.