WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends' messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
The applications WeChat was published
in the category Social Networking on 2011-01-21 and
was developed by WeChat.
The file size is 234.04 MB.
The current version is 7.0.3 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
- Record a "Time Capsule" to chronicle the world through your eyes. "Blow a bubble" when viewing a friend's Time Capsule to let your friend know you've opened it.
- A whole new design with a clearer, more intuitive interface
- Configure an alert from a chat's settings screen for a special alert when receiving a message
- From the stickers panel, create and send a Selfie Sticker
- Long-press the text input bar in a chat to enter a new line break
It locks me out after an hour and thinks that I was suspicious for adding my sister who lives in China please contact me WeChat and unblock my account
Sometimes I do not get notifications until I open my app and my chats. I feel like I should be able to get notified while I am on my home screen or when my phone is locked
ميزة الرج لا يظهر العرب فقط اليابان
شنو هاي البرنامج وكف
Only gave it a 1 because I had to. Never used this app before and I’m permanently blocked for whatever reason they gave something about security. Lol... not very secure if I’ve never once used this app!
We need knew version, last version we can’t use close people, my name don’t appear on close people . I don’t like this version
Maybe I haven’t discovered them in this app yet, but two things I would like to see. 1) some sort of indication that my contacts are online or logged in and 2) something to indicate that my sent message has been received and additionally read, as one might see in iMessages or WhatsApp
The app is great for communicating with all my friends around the world but it’s a bit disappointing that in order to translate you have to scroll all the way to the end every time making it time consuming and inefficient. Translate should be one of the first tabs. Also, a dark mode theme would be great. This app is entirely to White and bright. 😳 I can’t use iOS smart invert because it distorts the pictures and background images in the app. Please fix so we can use this feature.
Can’t del the cache! More use more storage used! The worst app I used!
Change your age limit. This is only a texting app
I had an account for 1 hour before WeChat disabled it as suspicious and told me to verify. I have now tried to verify with 4 different friends who do have wechat accounts and all have had errors. Tried verifying with Australian and Chinese accounts and all failed. Please fix your verification system.
can’t scan from yesterday
People nearby unable to use.
I love this app. I use it from time to time to chat with my grandparents in China (I'm in Australia). However, the latest update isn't compatible with my iPhone 4s. Can you make it compatible in the next update? Thank you creators of WeChat!!
I was using this app to communicate with people in China ( from Australia ) and for no reason I can think of my account was frozen or locked. They have no customer support or help and can not get my account back up. Lost all my communications I had with Chinese exporters and no way to get them back. The people that run this app are incompetent to the point of being vindictive.
WeChat is good it is so great that u cant mute people’s calls because the function is so great for taking a break from WeChat but if your friend mutes u will be very sad and sad is bad no good no good no good and if as people I’ll delete this app and I like it vary much and I wouldn’t want this app to be unpopular so plz don’t add a mute call button :)
This app is great ok however my annoying my annoying friends decided to spam call me. This app would have my 5 stars if only that button to mute calls where available. Thank you very much
Support system isn’t great if you’re a foreigner. I had my card linked but now every time I try to purchase something it sends me to linking it again and verifying it. It’s like a chinese only app as far as linking credit/debit cards go.
We chat is an app owned by a Chinese company “tencent”. According to Chinese national security law, any company must submit user data to the government if it is asked
TAKE DA BROADCASTING FEATURE OFF FOR GOOD, THEY ABUSING IT. 请删除广播功能
Can not recall pictures with English system😅
I am a American guy who travels a lot throughout Asia and this is mostly used by the Asian community so it makes it very easy to connect with new friends! It’s super easy to use and it never has any issues in the 10 years that I’ve been using it. TO THE DEVELOPERS!! I do have a suggestion for you! How about some page themes so people can change the color and customize the look of their WeChat? Of course you charge money for this but I think it will increase overall revenue and give people a more personalized feel for the app which, will in turn, boost the app usage! Just a thought :)
I downloaded this app just five months ago, I stop using it but now I need use the app again, but the support team says that I can’t use the app because my account is in danger, so they said that I need to make a procedure to recover my account, I have been trying to recover my account for almost a week and it was a waste of time because I can't get my account back, the procedure is giving the number of some friend who will help you to unlock your account, I still trying but nothing works. It seems like I lost my account forever 😠
You are not able to login easily. Too many systematic errors.
Very good but the app needs those extra Chinese features especially those cute stickers/gifs etc. Please let us in the West have those!!
Within a week of setting up accounts to use while travelling in China, my brother (and his wife) and I were receiving scam phone calls from China from premium rate callback hustlers.
I can not get messages sent to me in Chinese to translate. To English can anyone help
Very good. But is missing all the features the Chinese version has... whether hats a good or bad thing is up to the end user. I see the Chinese version you can gift people for special occasions, charities, or pay for things in general. I know that requires a huge amount of validation and security... but would it kill them to bring over all those amazing Emoji/GIF sticker packs to the West? Some I can add in after I receive them from contacts; but none are in the sticker store on the English version.
I like using wechat
The best chat tool so far!!!