SkyDroid - Golf GPS App Description & Overview
SkyDroid - Golf GPS gives you your distance to every green on the course and more. Golf GPS that is easy to use, has a beautiful design, and there are no subscription, usage or course download fees.
We have over 20,000 courses available, with new courses being added every day of the year. You can view the entire course list on our website: www.skydroid.net.
Add new courses (if yours is missing) to our system using our web based Course Mapper tool (see skydroid.net for details and tutorial).
Feel free to contact us with questions ([email protected])
Note: See our usage note below for help on searching for courses.
• Clean and Clear design
• Distances to the front, center and back of every green on the course
• Distances to course features (water hazards, bunkers, target points)
• Satellite image of every green and course
• Shot Tracking: Track the distance of your drives!
• Find your distance to ANY point on the course.
• GPS Accuracy indicator (tap at anytime to find your exact accuracy)
• Distances in yards or meters
• Auto Hole advance
• Works Internationally!!
No other fees are involved, and you can download as many courses you want without any other charges.
With SkyDroid – Golf GPS, our simple-to-use design will have you spending your time on your golf game, not on clicking buttons.
View all our courses at www.skydroid.net/courses.php
View our FAQ at www.skydroid.net/faq.php
• SEARCHING for Courses: When searching for courses by name, you can just search for "Aug" instead of "Augusta National Golf Course" (leave out the quote marks).
• SEARCHING for Courses: Radar button will find Mapped courses within 25mi/40km of your current location.
• To save battery power, click your power button to turn off the screen when not in use.
• Set your GPS timeout in the SkyDroid settings to control how long it stays active in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• GPS accuracy can vary over time (click the GPS signal strength icon at any time to see your accuracy).
• Before playing a course preview its mapping by clicking the link for the course name at www.skydroid.net/courses.php (best done using a large screen). Let us know of any mapping issues, or make changes yourself.
• If we don’t have your course, you can add it as long as there is a satellite image of the course available in Course Mapper.
• Change distance measurement (yards/meters) in your device Settings.
• While playing golf you will only incur data usage while using the Satellite View screen. Course downloads can be done at home over Wi-Fi and are small in size.
Enjoy your round!!
- Settings for SkyDroid are now in the app itself, instead of the device settings
- Discounted Tee Times
- Audio updates to the center of the green
- Many other bugfixes/enhancements
Do you like SkyDroid - Golf GPS apps? Please share!
SkyDroid - Golf GPS App Tips & Tricks
SkyDroid - Golf GPS Screenshots
SkyDroid - Golf GPS Video
SkyDroid - Golf GPS Reviews
Better than a $300 sky caddie
I play weekly with people who use sky caddies and I routinely have the same better distances to the green. All for a fraction of the cost! Great app that I've used it since it's inception. Thanks for the update!
No score keeper?
Great gps for 1.99 but I wish you could keep your score on it too. Works well on yardage and eaiser to use that sky caddie
Used to be great but...
I have had this app for years and when I switched to Apple suddenly my scorecard and rounds were gone.... so much for the years of stats and tracking I had accrued across the country huh!
I enjoyed the ability to track key items and being able to customize what stats to keep and which to exclude. I don't need all of the additional score functions but fairways, clubs, driving distance, and putts were VERY important to me. Now I can't view progress or weak game areas like before.
My Garmin NeoX watch is a GPS and does what this does now and I don't have to pull a phone out to use it. Bring back the other features!!!
Best golf app
Purchased this for $1.99. Tried golf gps navigator and golf logic. They were rip offs. This app exceeds and match most golf gps finders that cost $100.00 to $200.00 plus. Purchased the V1 Coaching app from this same developer and is a great teaching and training app.
Simple and Easy to Use
By AZ IOS User
Very much like the simple and straightforward user interaction. Buttons are intuitively obvious and easy to move between holes and 9 hole segments. Like the way they have 3 "segments" for the 3 9's of our 27 hole course (other apps treat them as entirely separate courses). Nice zoom feature when you need it.
Everything I need and none of the extra stuff that would just get in my way (I don't need scoring, tracking, etc as those apps require a lot of extra entry)
By Never killary
Great app but 3 stars until they add an Apple Watch app.
I'm very pleased with this app. I've been using it for a year or so. It's accurate and easy to use.
$2 Gets you hundreds of dollars in value!
What a great app. I've been looking for a good golf app that can help me on the course. This is truly a gem of an app! For only $2, you wouldn't expect very much. However, I was able to find the courses that I wanted to play this past weekend. One was a city course and the other was a country club. Both were available for download. There are no additional costs to download courses. Not only will this app give you an overview of each hole you play, but it will also track your drives or any other shot for what you wish to know how far you hit the ball. Once you get to your ball, it is highly accurate to the front middle and back of the green. It also shows you yardage to each bunker or hazard, which is very useful off the tee or for your approach shot.
It is almost like a golf video game in the palm of your hand, except you still have to execute the shot yourself and not with a game controller.
I played on Sunday with a friend who has a Bushnell yardage finder, and it was as accurate as this app. I couldn't believe it! Kudos to the developers! Don't delay, get this app right now! You will not be disappointed.
By Jack snoposhola
Good app. Perfect for use in even the most exclusive clubs. I wish they had an Apple Watch app as that would be very easy
GPS only -- thank you!!!
I downloaded a bunch of different apps and dumped them all because I didn't have time on the course to navigate through them to get yardage. There's an important thing called PACE in the game of golf! We handed my Bushnell rangefinder down to my in-laws and I just needed something to replace it and this is perfect. Please do not add features or if you do, keep a separate app for JUST GPS only. Thanks for making a simple option available!
Nice, but needs Location Services update
This app works well, but requires Location Services to be selected as Always, so it the app is constantly burning your battery life. An update can easily change that. I am constantly turning it on and off.
What happened to scorecard? I loved this app until they removed ability to keep score...