If you want to temporarily put down your phone and focus on what’s more important in real life, you can plant a seed in Forest. As time goes by, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation of using your phone and leave the app, your tree will wither. The sense of achievement and responsibility will encourage you to stay away from your phone, and will help you make better use of your time. Stop getting distracted by your phone, make you self-motivated and get more things done.
Stay focused. Be present!
• Function based on the Pomodoro technique (a.k.a. tomato timer, pomodoro timer)
• Plant lovely trees and stay focused on what’s more important in real life.
• Turn your focused moments into a lush forest.
• Earn rewards and unlock new tree species.
• Share your forest and compete with friends and users around the world.
• Plant trees along with friends & family.
• Unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
• Plant real trees on Earth and protect the environment with tree-planting organization Trees for the Future.
• Manage your own tags and view detailed statistics of your time distribution.
• Browse your weekly, monthly and even your yearly big forest.
• Track your focused time in Mindful Minutes of Apple Health App.
• Track your daily phone usage and screen time.
• Recall memories of your planting journey with our brand new Forest Timeline!
• Forest is an app available for both iPhone and iPad, and can be accessed across all iOS devices with a one-time purchase. To download or unlock non iOS version of Forest, this requires a separate purchase. However, by logging into the same account, the account data can be synchronized across all platforms.
• Due to budget constraint, the number of real trees each user can plant is limited to five. We will be introducing limited time events that will allow users to plant more real trees. Please follow our social media page or check the in-app announcement for more updates.
• There is only one version of Forest on the App Store. Other apps that are similar and mimics Forest are not developed by the Forest team. Thank you for your support!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forestapp.cc/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/forestapp_cc
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forest_app/
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc!
#get disciplined #reduce procrastination #GTD #study #student #work #freelancer
*Sound Design : Shi Kuang Lee
*Some icons appearing in the app were made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com and are licensed under CC BY 3.0
The applications Forest - Stay focused was published in the category Productivity on 2014-05-10 and was developed by SEEKRTECH CO., LTD.. The file size is 116.50 MB. The current version is 4.1.3 and works well on 9.0 and high ios versions.
Some bug fixes.
Tired of mindlessly scrolling? Start a productivity timer, spend more time with family and friends, being a real human, while growing real trees to support our planet. Excellent idea, please sponsors, don’t give up on it
This App is really good. However, after planting a tree and set up the rest time, I would play the phone for a while and I always cannot return back to the app on time. I hope the developer can add a feature such like if the rest time is up but the user does come back, there will be some penalty. Through such way, I hope I can be more efficient. Thank you!
This app makes me more productive on a daily basis. I really enjoy that you can even donate a real tree!
Thanks 😎 I love this app. It helps me get things done.
Use it every day and it really helps my productivity in a fun way.
This application has really helped me tremendously. I use a planner called the “Productivity Planner” that mirrors this concept, but the app made it so much more alive and fun. I would highly recommend for anyone looking to really level up.
This app is really helping me study. 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
Forest is a really nice app. I have used it for over five years.
This app helps me focus and concentrate without distraction. This doesn’t even have to help with work or studying! If you want to clean or spend time with your family then just set the timer and do it without distractions on you device! Money well worth spent.
First, I would like to say thank you to the creators of Forest. I am a highly distractible person, and my life has been a battle for focus (often a losing one). I honestly didn’t think this app was going to work so well. I’ve tried many techniques to attempt to focus, including the Pomodoro technique that this app employs, but have never been successful. Forest is the perfect blend of Pomodoro timer + game. The reason it works so well for me is that I love trees and flowers. Thus, it provides me a reward that I actually want, that convinces me to not just give up and let the tree die in order to indulge my Pinterest addiction. I have a feeling that if wanting to “grow a forest” isn’t something that interests you, this may not work as well. It does help that you have the opportunity to grow real trees, thus adding an altruistic reason to succeed in focusing. Forest is also simple to use, has adorable art, and sports a decent selection of trees and bushes to work toward for continued motivation to use the app. I hope they continue to add new types of flora as once I “complete” the game aspect of this app I may not feel as compelled to use it. All in all, an elegant solution to phone obsession.