If you want to temporarily put down your phone and focus on what’s more important in real life, you can plant a seed in Forest. As time goes by, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation of using your phone and leave the app, your tree will wither. The sense of achievement and responsibility will encourage you to stay away from your phone, and will help you make better use of your time. Stop getting distracted by your phone, make you self-motivated and get more things done.
Stay focused. Be present!
• Function based on the Pomodoro technique (a.k.a. tomato timer, pomodoro timer)
• Plant lovely trees and stay focused on what’s more important in real life.
• Turn your focused moments into a lush forest.
• Earn rewards and unlock new tree species.
• Share your forest and compete with friends and users around the world.
• Plant trees along with friends & family.
• Unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
• Plant real trees on Earth and protect the environment with tree-planting organization Trees for the Future.
• Manage your own tags and view detailed statistics of your time distribution.
• Browse your weekly, monthly and even your yearly big forest.
• Track your focused time in Mindful Minutes of Apple Health App.
• Track your daily phone usage and screen time.
• Recall memories of your planting journey with our brand new Forest Timeline!
• Forest is an app available for both iPhone and iPad, and can be accessed across all iOS devices with a one-time purchase. To download or unlock non iOS version of Forest, this requires a separate purchase. However, by logging into the same account, the account data can be synchronized across all platforms.
• Due to budget constraint, the number of real trees each user can plant is limited to five. We will be introducing limited time events that will allow users to plant more real trees. Please follow our social media page or check the in-app announcement for more updates.
• There is only one version of Forest on the App Store. Other apps that are similar and mimics Forest are not developed by the Forest team. Thank you for your support!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forestapp.cc/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/forestapp_cc
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forest_app/
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc!
#get disciplined #reduce procrastination #GTD #study #student #work #freelancer
*Sound Design : Shi Kuang Lee
*Some icons appearing in the app were made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com and are licensed under CC BY 3.0
The applications Forest - Stay focused was published in the category Productivity on 2014-05-10 and was developed by SEEKRTECH CO., LTD.. The file size is 114.66 MB. The current version is 4.1.0 and works well on 9.0 and high ios versions.
Some bug fixes.
This app is excllent for focusing on tasks. I did not realize how addicted I was to.my phone
Never before have I been so horrified of killing a electronic plant. If the app makers team up with Japan, they can start to make an app revolved around a human being, providing a much more stronger stimulus.
I’ve never reviewed an app before, but I love this app so much. I downloaded it after my previous pomodoro timer app, tide, stopped timing correctly, which was literally all it had to do. The timer on this app works, with reliable notifications, and the “gamification” of being focused may seem silly, but it adds a cute and fun element to using a pomodoro timer. Also, the ability to tag how I spend my time (ex: work vs all other things) is an easy way to stay balanced. For instance, I can see if I’m falling behind on daily meditating even if it’s something I’m not conscious of. I can also see someone using this app not necessarily to boost concentration but as a way to literally bar yourself from using your phone for periods of time when you need to be present (ex: during a meeting or with a friend). One more thing I love: I just finished a project that took two months, and I went back and looked at my little forests for that time. Each lil tree helped me get that project done. It’s such a beautiful reminder that everything big happens with many tiny steps!
Keeps my focus and is very fun and easy to use!
Forest made me do it!! Not Equinox!!! : )
I got a smartphone to help manage and organize my life after a brain injury. Problem: this tool is full of shiny distractions and can cause and many cognitive problems as it helps! This app makes it possible use my phone for what I need to with getting lost in it. Having a visual representation of time I spend off my phone, getting work done, and spending time in real like is super satisfying. I love that they added a log of how often I turn on my phone and how much time I spend on it. It really puts things into perspective and is extremely motivating. Added bonus: you can plant some real trees around the world in the process and make some friends along the way. SeekerTech has been great about listening to user feedback and making various improvements along the way.
I’m really enjoying this app! I’m saving my coins to help plant a real tree. It’s easy to use, and it has helped me stay focused when working.
This app has really helped me, especially when I really have to get things done and can’t afford any distractions from my phone. Also a creative and fun way of actually also doing something good for the world. Overall, Forest is just very helpful
I really do. It's helping so much during finals and it also helps me take breaks when I need to.
I can’t believe lives that it helps me from getting on my phone when I have a lot of homework