Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
The applications Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet was published
in the category Utilities on 2014-03-07 and
was developed by Omar Mody.
The file size is 47.54 MB.
The current version is 2.2 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
Does not handle all data types, e.g. flash, but this is likely due to security concerns. For quick work, it is solid if you can get connected to Tor successfully.
It stopped working. It tries to load but thats about it
Looks weirder without compatibility and also needs tor V3
I like how quick it connects,,
His app hasn’t been updated in over 3 years. That is a lifetime in developer-world. This app is subsequently insecure and broken. AVOID!!!
Very good and secure, could use some features such as dark mode, iPhone X support, etc Anyways good app
Doesn’t load any websites, don’t buy this.
No restrictions on anything bad influence and can be used for misdeeds
No complaints. Serves its purpose.
Plz update mores
Can’t stop using it. A whole new internet. A new layer.
I love this app don't ever change it just make it stronger thanks !!
good app. however, no response from developer when emailed regarding certain in app issues in particular not being able to access the copy, select, select all, speak, etc menu when text is selected/highlighted within a web page. not even a reply to acknowledge sent email and that the issue is being looked into or an explanation as to why the functions aren’t working = i’m disappointed. the techs over at tor project reply on the spot.
It is what it claims to be. If you cherish your privacy then download, let it install, and appreciate a new way of interfacing with an internet source.
Doesn't load any sites total rip off give me my money back
No complaints as of yet! Is as stated. All in all it's a good app.
Fast and easy 👌🏼
Please add the ability to download audio files.
Waste of money. Doesn't work! Click bait. Don't do it.
Privacy is nice but it is slow and lacking most modern features. Please update for iPhone X.
To date, well satisfied with app.
I can’t download anything anymore :(
I tried using the free onion browser before getting this one. One of the key things I wanted to be able to do was download files to my phone. However, in all other respects the general performance/usability for web browsing is not as good as the free onion browser. I've found that I tend to use that one instead whenever I don't need to download something. Even when I do use red onion, it is often so hard to actually download whatever I wanted to download that I typically just give up. My suggestion is just use the free onion browser.
Security is important but first you need to open the websites, this browser try to connect tor server and then just stays like that.
I am not usually suckered by a scammy app, but credit to red onion for getting $2 out of me. This app has not been updated in a year and does not work. It crashes instantly upon launch. Do not download.
This app has not been updated. Updates are important in the tor community. And as current time its been one year since the last one. Security is important, don’t look over your shoulder. This developer has hardly released updates since initial release. Nevertheless, updating should be a few times a year, not one.
I spent $2 on this app. I RARELY pay for apps. But the description for this app was what I was looking for. But every time I open it up. It says connecting, goes to 80% and hangs. Never connects. Waste of $2 a bit upset.
it operates like champ