Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
The applications Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet was published
in the category Utilities on 2014-03-07 and
was developed by Omar Mody.
The file size is 47.54 MB.
The current version is 2.2 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
Top-Notch! And Red is the most advanced of all the ones that try to do this thing! Wow!
Please, your app was successful in its own way and would have been quadruple the intake from sales if more care and updates came. It’s a shame, the only one I like.
It never loads past that. I tried going through a different tor, hard restart, everything I know to do and still it never gets past 5% even after waiting close to an hour
Didn’t expect it to be this good when i first saw it on the app store...but-am glad I purchase it and impressed.
This app is great and superior to safari in almost every way. I had a problem where a feature wouldn’t work, but I emailed the developer and he responded THE SAME DAY with a solution. I’d highly recommend this app.
I don’t believe it is anonymous. When I use it, white pin in a day I will get porn spam friend requests in Fakebook. I have a cloaking blanket for sale also, it must work because I said it does.
Seems to work fine. Glad I have it.
I need a refund
Please update this app for the bigger phone
Works fine on my iPad but is useless on the iPhone now.
Slow, but if you have ALOT of patients you will eventually finish what should of taken no more than 30 min. I understand that it's a tor browser and automatically gonna be slower. But I have a brand new iPhone and it has taken me 2 days to do something I did with an android tor in 10 min
I’ve been working on this app a long time ago, but suddenly with no reason the app itself just stopped connecting to the “red onion”. Please fix this issue as faster as you can.
WebRTC and other common de-anonymizing attacks are not blocked by this browser. This is an easy fix and is present on many other tor browser apps. It is not secure. You are not safe using this.
It does exactly what it should 10/10
If you are interested in keeping your internet activity as secret as is possible for most people, Download this App!! But take your time learning how Tor works and how to better secure your data even even though your running this browser......Take it from an ex dark web “entrepreneur” who has.....well nvm I can just say that I’m sure you can truly feel free to do whatever you desire with the aid of these programs.....
Another loser tor browser, Never connects
Security focused apps should at least be updated to address the latest vulnerabilities and support improvements.
I love this app but it is very unstable and glitchy. Especially on the new iPad Pros. I hope you guys didn’t stop supporting this app.
I would give zero stars if possible not once was I able to get this browser to work tried it at home nothing just got to 5% tried it at a public wifi. Same thing. Save your money.