Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
The applications Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet was published
in the category Utilities on 2014-03-07 and
was developed by Omar Mody.
The file size is 47.54 MB.
The current version is 2.2 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
I used to be able to DL YouTube videos. But not anymore. Please change it bk
Better security and more privacy... what more could we ask for from our technology these days. It's nice to have it require a pin or Touch ID to access, so when you hand your phone to someone (to look at or find something for you), they don't come across any personal information, "suggestions" (from your history), etc. Also I've noticed lately that when we clear Safari's cache, cookies, history (from the settings); and click advanced - website data, some cookies/websites won't delete... even when you delete them one by one, they go away until go back into that selection tab, they just reappear. I have a feeling it has something to do with my location being fetched randomly by the time zone setting... (which I have always had turned off). I'd delete Safari if I could.
Good point that this Tor-based app requires a login/ID, which is something some may be wary of (though, if one really needs to "hide", it's prob best not to use a cell phone), and that the app sends out a tracker that it's being loaded. I verified this by opening Red while the tracking blocker Disconnect was running, and sure enough, trackers were activated...but, they were also blocked by my Disconnect app, so perhaps that is a solution for that pesky login to Red the Reviewer was paranoid with: use it in tandem (though, I have little knowledge about how robust Disconnect's built in VPN is, which is required for operation).
I've heard a lot about the deep web and the dark web. I get the idea behind these "tor" browsers. However, I don't really understand exactly how to properly use red onion browser. I wish I knew a little more on how to use this app. It certainly by all accounts works. I just don't know how to properly use it to search the deep web.
This product does not protect you against TROLLS.
The browser works as i expected it should. No complaints.
what the f* with this app!!?? nothing work good. it's the most worst apps i've ever purchased.
Perfect for what I needed it for. Very fast!
Pretty good app so far
Tired of people tracking your every move. Don't want every website keeping files of what your doing then this is a most have!!
No issues with the browser, but do wish the resolution would be updated for the iPad Pro 12.9. In addition, would love to have keyboard shortcuts similar to Safari in iOS.
Please find issue and fix it. Thank you😁😁
Awesome, didn't think there would be this much quality on an iphone app.
Best advice I ever received. So cool!
You can actually get to the deep net and do things there. All I use it for
Worth every penny
This app is beyond useable, click anything and forgets everything you were doing and rests ip making it virtually impossible to work or navigate, if you're trying to get anything done go find another app, the developers of this app just gave up on it and now just take in revenue. What a waste.
Surf with peace of mind