Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
The applications Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet was published
in the category Utilities on 2014-03-07 and
was developed by Omar Mody.
The file size is 47.54 MB.
The current version is 2.2 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
It does exactly what it should 10/10
If you are interested in keeping your internet activity as secret as is possible for most people, Download this App!! But take your time learning how Tor works and how to better secure your data even even though your running this browser......Take it from an ex dark web “entrepreneur” who has.....well nvm I can just say that I’m sure you can truly feel free to do whatever you desire with the aid of these programs.....
Another loser tor browser, Never connects
Security focused apps should at least be updated to address the latest vulnerabilities and support improvements.
I love this app but it is very unstable and glitchy. Especially on the new iPad Pros. I hope you guys didn’t stop supporting this app.
I would give zero stars if possible not once was I able to get this browser to work tried it at home nothing just got to 5% tried it at a public wifi. Same thing. Save your money.
Well worth the price. This is the best thing going. I used the other Tor Onion browser before, but after I paid for the ad-free version they changed it to a subscription service and raised the price! So I tried Red Onion out and it's so much better. It doesn't have the bugs that other one did. It's faster and more user-friendly.
Can’t use the app anymore thanks to new iOS updates and phone service providers. Use to be a great app someone should update it so it’ll work again. Useless now.
Doesn't load any sites total rip off give me my money back
No complaints as of yet! Is as stated. All in all it's a good app.
Fast and easy 👌🏼
Please add the ability to download audio files.
Waste of money. Doesn't work! Click bait. Don't do it.
To slow to get past a captcha. Pointless really.
Got the app to see just what the darknet is all about! This app is pretty good with no pop up ads like the others. It runs just fine and not slow as some people stated in with earlier versions. I'm already getting to know my way around, and would definitely recommend this app. Great!!!
I've been using this for a while now, I appreciate the efforts the developers are going to, I use this app all the time, good stuff.
It works as it should.
#iPhone #TopApps #87: Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet -
#iPhone #TopApps #98: Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet -
#iPhone #TopApps #78: Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet -
Perfect for what I needed it for. Very fast!
Pretty good app so far
...It could use an under the hood update to the latest version of Tor. You know, for security and stuff.
Great VPN browser so far
While an awful lot of these reviews seem to be from kids who need to circumvent their parents or school, rest assured that we older folk appreciate this program as well. When I need my DR. WHO or SHERLOCK fix a little earlier than BBC america would like, and without all the commercials, this little app makes it possible. Works like a champ.
I spent about 2 bucks on this app....yep, spent money on a so-called "secure" browser; which by the way, blocks certain sites because of my IP provided by "Tor" connection itself. Yelp of all websites is blocked. A review site. It won't connect me. Come in guys, can this be fixed? You are advertised as a very good private secure web browser and I'd expect to get something out of what I payed because normally, I wouldn't pay for a browser of all things. Update?
I enjoy this app very much. It is my "Go To" app whenever I want to use the Tor network. This app works very well. Loads fast. Highly recommended.
Be patient the first time you load it - the initial connection takes a while. After that it's much faster.