McAfee Endpoint Assistant (MEA) is a free business application that works in conjunction with:
• McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1+
• McAfee File and Removable Media Protection 5.0+
Please check with your IT department for applicability. You can refer to KB85917 for the latest information.
MEA with McAfee Drive Encryption (MDE)
McAfee Endpoint Assistant simplifies the process of recovering a forgotten credential for a PC encrypted with MDE.
MEA with McAfee File and Removable Media Protection (FRP)
McAfee Endpoint Assistant allows users to securely access encrypted files (FRP encrypted files) on their mobile device.
This application requires the following permissions:
• Take pictures and videos
• Application scans QR codes displayed on the PC using camera
• Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
• Application needs to store registration data in a secure database
Network Communication: (required starting MEA 2.0)
• Access Internet
• To communicate with your organization’s server (Conduit Server/ePO)
• Access network state
• Perform checks before communicating with your organization’s server (Conduit Server/ePO)
• Get notification when device is restarted
• To resume SYNC with your organization’s server (Conduit Server/ePO)
McAfee Endpoint Assistant supports iOS 8 and later
The applications McAfee Endpoint Assistant was published
in the category Productivity on 2014-01-31 and
was developed by McAfee, LLC..
This application file size is 5.21 MB. McAfee Endpoint Assistant current version is 2.2 and works well on
IOS 8.0 and high versions.
•Ability to synchronize on-demand with McAfee ePO server for encryption key updates
•Light / dark UI theme switcher
•Minor fixes and improvements