You don’t need to paint to create beautiful watercolor images—Waterlogue captures the essence of your photos in brilliant, liquid color.
• Waterlogue transforms your photos into luminous watercolors.
• Watch Waterlogue paint as it transforms your images.
• Save your watercolors and share them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
• Use your watercolors to create an artist’s journal or notebook.
• Create beautiful, high res, frameable art for your home.
• Universal App for iPhone and iPad.
• From Tinrocket, creator of This by Tinrocket (App Store Best of 2016), Olli by Tinrocket (App Store Best of 2017), Percolator, and Popsicolor for iOS.
• 14 pre-set styles to customize your watercolors by controlling wetness, pen outlines and color.
• Image export at high resolution.
• Control of borders, lightness, and detail.
• Includes example images.
iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 10.3 and greater.
KEEP UP WITH WATERLOGUE:
• Follow @Tinrocket on Instagram and Twitter for the latest!
• Have a question? Remember: we can't respond to App Store reviews, so email us at [email protected]
• If you like Waterlogue, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating. Every review counts and helps small developers like ourselves.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WATERLOGUE:
• “…with Waterlogue, it’s clear that there’s a very thoughtful human touch behind the app’s painterly algorithms.” —WIRED, Mar., 2014
• “…Waterlogue is going to utterly amaze you, as it’s the first app I’ve seen that gives results that really look like a watercolor painting.” —Cult of Mac, Dec., 2013
• “Watercolor apps may not be a new idea, but Waterlogue does it in a gorgeous, intuitive way, and it’s quite a pleasure to use.” —AppAdvice.com, Dec., 2013
• “Waterlogue App (from Tinrocket) looks awesome!” —Jack Hollingsworth, Photographer, via Twitter @photojack, Dec. 12, 2013
• “It goes beyond typical Photoshop watercolor filters because it has more visual intelligence, and more of the feel of the real paint.” —James Gurney, Artist and Author of Dinotopia, gurneyjourney.blogspot.com, Dec., 2013
• “Ever since digital imagery came into its own over 20 years ago, there have been attempts to mimic traditional media. Where others have failed, Waterlogue nails it.” —PatrickSaunders.com, Dec., 2013
Waterlogue® and See the world like an artist® are registered Trademarks of Tinrocket, LLC
The applications Waterlogue was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2013-12-11 and
was developed by Tinrocket, LLC.
The file size is 48.60 MB.
The current version is 1.4.3 and works well on
10.3 and high ios versions.
• Rendering optimizations and improvements
• Send paintings to your AirPrint-compatible printer
• Visible status bar on iPhone X, XS, XS Max, and XR devices
• Bug fixes
Recent changes in our 1.4 update:
• New: 3x faster rendering (iPhone 6 and up)
• New: "Jumbo" detail setting (iPhone 6 and up)
• New: Support for iPhone X screens
• New: Quickly access recent photos
• Improved: Streamlined is now idential to "It's Technical" but without the graph paper!
• Improved: "Illustration" style
• Improved: "Shallow" style
• UI updates
• Bug fixes
If you like Waterlogue, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating—we’d really appreciate it! Every review counts and helps indie developers like ourselves. :)
We’re here to help you too: If you have a question or need assistance, you can always email us at [email protected]
All the photographs that seemed somehow run-of-the-mill can now be made interesting and even edgy . This app will have you looking at your photographs, past and future, completely differently.
I love this app for great outdoor land and seascapes. Not so great with people or complex images. Worth playing with.
As an artist. Gives me great art architect ual and color blending ideas.
Love the app. Wish it had more settings. Also, please make a Mac Pro version! Have recommended it to several friends!
This app really can make beautiful watercolor pictures out of my photos. It's fun to guess which ones will make the best imitation watercolors.
Had this App for a couple years. It is a super, easy to use and colorize beautiful images. Love it !
This app helps with defining highlights for my own artwork. It makes my art more exciting.
And you’ll find the possible transformations thoroughly fascinating,
I don’t know how many people I’ve shown this app to, and they are amazed. I find it best for landscape and still life stuff-people are harder unless you get the backgrounds very simple. I’ve even demonstrated it for our local computer society. Every big trip we make has resulted in a beautiful framed canvas that looks fabulous. I have the Grand Canal, the Tuileries, an old mill among others that Canvaspop has printed for me, simply sent from the app on my iPhone. I love this app!
Good for scenery, but faces turn out non-existent. Very disappointing.
The best digital watercolour treatment i’ve seen. Next, I’d love some tools to make small corrections, and perhaps a print button. But for now, great value for money as it is.
Sorry that I paid that much money for this app. Had read that it was a great app but was disappointed in the results. Found another app for free that I enjoy much more.
Disappointed with this app. I can get a better result from Microsoft Word on my PC.
As a watercolour artist I'm quite stunned at the quality of the results. It's mesmerising!
There are a ton of apps out there that purport to do exactly what Waterlogue does perfectly, but none of them come close. I am loving this app. In particular I love watching the transitions while the image is rendering. I wish I could capture each transition frame, so I could paint in layers.
Great basic app. Not worth the higher price tag. Would be great if you could customise it more. The interface isn't really user friendly.
Was looking for an app that would convert some travel photos into watercolour-style art for canvas printing. This app does a reasonable job, but doesn't really deliver anything spectacular.
Great app, easy to use - but not cheap, and waiting for promised enhancements
This app paints better than I ever did, even after years of classes. Genius. I'm not sure why one reviewer thinks they're lying.
I love this app! It's my absolute favourite I love art but cannot draw This app has changed my life!!!!
I should have paid closer attention. Not nearly enough features to merit this price.
The only thing this app works well on, is the sample pictures it comes with. Tried using it on professional quality wedding photos and it turned everyone into a white eyeless blob. No thanks.
I like the app a lot, but one thing I don’t like about it is the image used for Illustration, soaked and shallow, please change that.
I’ve been using this for a couple of years now. It creates a pretty good approximation of a watercolor sketch. Sometimes I even use it as an aid in painting my own watercolors, as it can nicely reduces images to their fundamentals. That being said, I would love it if in the next update the creators would also allow for only minimally altering an image, as oftentimes landmark shapes (Yosemite’s Half Dome, for example) are turned into unrecognizable blobs. The lack of fine control aside, great app. Thanks!
Absolutely awful on every photo I tried. You couldn’t even tell what the photo was originally. Tried light, dark, colorful, muted; all the same, awful.
This app is overpriced for the number of filters you get. Also there is no slider to control the amount of filter used. Totally unhappy with this purchase.
Nothing memorable. Most styles are useless for most photos. Lots of white paper area in areas that aren’t appropriate, like faces. And zero controls.
I almost didn’t buy this app, but I’m glad I did as it is easy to use and renders beautiful results. So why did I almost ignore it? Because of the app icon, which features a cartoonish whale holding an umbrella in the rain, which to me seems more suitable for something in the app category for Kids. Is this poor marketing? The app icon offers little indication of the high-quality painterly app behind it. I suspect that Waterlogue’s app icon has discouraged people from buying the app itself. Which is too bad because it’s a great app.
I am a watercolor painter. Often when beginning my paintings I use Waterlogue to give me an idea of a good approach. I may take a different or a similar direction, but either way, it’s very helpful.
We love this app! It’s the best app of all time. Thank you so much. Five Stars.
The whole family has had a lot of fun with this!
Not only will it transform images into delightful free style watercolours, it can also be used to train the eye of a watercolourist to distill the photographic images into only what's necessary to create a loose and glowing painting. Well done to all concerned!
Not a gimmick - wonderful app for transforming snapshots into magic. The method used to "interpret" photo into watercolour is simply magic
I have over 40 apps for photography and I have to say that this one really stands out.i started to do some water colour painting and found it hard to decide what to leave out and put in when painting. Now I find a scene i like take a photo use this app to see what it does with it and then try replicate it. I find this a great learning tool. Thanks so much.
First off, excellent app. I use it as is and also to look outside the box at interesting alternatives for my traditional painting. Having used it, I found it very intuitive. Suggestion for next version: if it feasible, a zoom or crop feature for both source & final image. Many thanks for such an addictive piece of work; I might never be the same again. lol. Cheers, Keith Thompson