Used by Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Wiz Khalifa, BTS, Die Antwoord, Philip Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless TV shows and music videos!
Covered by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, TMZ and many, many others!
App of the Day for Friday, Dec 22, 2017
It's 1984, and you've got a VHS camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking retro videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With VHS Camcorder, you'll make videos that look and sound like real retro video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create flashing cheesy custom titles, glitch up the picture by shaking your device and use the zoom lens feature to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create VHS-style retro videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• The only VHS cam app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually rad
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• Pretend like you lived through the rad 1980s using our app!
What VHS Camcorder Can Do:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST VHS app for simulating the glitches of old videotape recordings
• Import videos from other apps to give them the VHS treatment
• Glitch the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Create custom F*L*A*S*H*I*N*G titles for the ultimate in on-screen cheese
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound retro terrible (we didn't)
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Share videos you shot with VHS Camcorder to Instagram, Facebook and YouTube using Camera Roll
• Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Copyright © 2015-2019 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
The applications VHS Camcorder - The #1 VHS Cam was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2015-08-17 and
was developed by Rarevision.
The file size is 13.49 MB.
The current version is 1.4 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
We're always improving the world's best VHS cam app for rad glitch and retro effects!
This release includes:
• Portrait recording now works with both cameras
• New red, green and blue filters
• Swipe left/right to change filters! Works while recording, too!
• Some bug fixes... and they're pretty nerdy so we'll spare you the boredom
Ever since the last update, imported videos have major audio sync issues. Please fix!!!
This is simply the best.......money well spent!!!
I love this app. The problem is there needs to be a copy a tape option. I want to make a YouTube video about a VHS dying from being copied so many times. If you add the copy/generation loss option, I would give this a 5 star rating. Good app, keep up the good work though.
yo i deadass love this app this the only app ive EVER bought
I have no problems or complaints about this app. This is the best camera app for that cool old school effect 🔥🔥
The app is simple and easy to use. Looks like a real VHS (trust me I lived the 80’s) worth the one time price. 👍🏽
Looks great but can you add a fisheye effect, many old vhs style videos have a fisheye!
i love this app but i’m upset because i can’t play music on it and it doesn’t always turn the camera /:
This is definitely the best VHS app!
Love this app so far, still figuring it out and so much fun
I’ve been trying to process a video from my gallery and it will only save 2 seconds! (I have enough storage)!
Overall a really great app. Definitely recommend this to those of you who lives through the camcorder and VHS era. Super nostalgic. Things that could be improved: Could use more variety when it comes to image static and noise. Would love to see more noise randomisation and perhaps more manipulation tools. The interface buttons. I think they’re going for the retro aesthetic, but it falls short. Overall a great app and I hope it is still being developed because there is a gap in the market and the people love this aesthetic at the moment.
I paid for the APP and it doesn’t even work?? it opens but shows a black screen where the image is ment to be displayed? anyone who worked on the app message me or refund me please xx
the recorder itself is great but the app crashes every time i try to convert a screen recording into a vhs style clip. very disappointed, paid money for this app.
I love vhs cameras, and I’ve gone through a lot of apps to manipulate a vhs camera. A lot of apps are way off. This app has been the closest to an actual vhs camera, and it’s definitely worth the money!!
love it and satisfied
Hey, this app is so amazing and easy to use but please in the next update move the date to the actual corner of the phone for wide option PLEASEEE it’s so annoying when it’s literally in the middle of the video it just looks off so please and add ratio sizings and let us move the date around pleasseee that’d be sooooooo much easier and gives us more freedom paid $6AUD and kindaaaaa unhappy that I couldn’t change the effects or move the date so please add it thank you
Excellent effect; some of the features could be easier/clearer (processing multiple files at once, adding text at specific times). An option to use the photos metadata as the time stamp, instead of the time you process it through the app would be awesome, too
It’s a good bit of nostalgic fun, done well and done right! We definitely could see some more features implemented? More filters maybe? :)
I love the idea of this app but it constantly crashes and it won't let me save videos and it won't even record them. Waste of €4 needs to be developed