Used by Kendall Jenner, Wiz Khalifa, Victoria Beckham, Die Antwoord, Philip Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless music videos!
Reviewed by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, and many, many others.
App Store App of the Day for Fri, Dec 22, 2017
It's 1984, and you've got a camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With VHS Camcorder, you'll make home movies that look and sound like video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create flashing cheesy custom titles, mess up the picture by shaking your device and use the zoom lens feature to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• The only app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually watchable
And Also Because of This:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST app for simulating old videotape recordings
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Create custom F*L*A*S*H*I*N*G titles for the ultimate in on-screen cheese
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Mess up the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound bad--we didn't
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Easily share videos from within the app or through Camera Roll
• Built-in clip viewer for playing back, deleting and sharing clips
• Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Copyright © 2015-2018 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
The applications VHS Camcorder was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2015-08-17 and
was developed by Rarevision.
The file size is 11.31 MB.
The current version is 1.3.4 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
• Updated interface for iPhone X
• Fixed import problem with some videos
I love this app so much, and I’m glad that I bought it.
I absolutely love it because it’s a price is worth it not like the others which you have to pay monthly to order to import or make videos. I would love put some suggestions for this app, first is to put the date early 80s because in mine I can’t go back 80,81,82, and 83 it only lets me to put in 84 which is fine, second is an option to button for 3-D looking and that’s pretty much it overall I absolutely love it thank you for creating this amazing app!!!!
this app is great in my opinion me and my friends have been using it the whole day
everything about the app is awesome forsure, only thing is i go to import a video from my camera roll onto the camcorder app & the whole video has a lag. my voice doesn’t match up with the visual & there’s no way for me to fix it either, disappointed.
WORRH THE 3.99 THIS IS SO DOPE sincerely, A 90s Baby
Can you guys make an update where there’s an option for 480p60 FPS and 1080p60fps same as widescreen for 480p but apart from that the app is great
I love this app so retro.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this app it’s my favorite to use to get that vintage affect only thing is that I really wish you could use it to record vertical videos as well 😭 please consider adding this as a feature!!
Sometimes the app will crash on me for no reason, or sometimes after trying to edit a video. And other times, it’ll refuse to finish editing said video. I’ve only encountered these glitches in ONE session and never again. I love this app, it has THE BEST aesthetic VHS look in my opinion. One thing i’m hoping for is the addition of the ability to edit photos in a similar manner. Crossing my fingers!
My favorite app to film with, consistent for years. And I will continue to document with this app for years to come. You can follow my social at @onlyoneleven