** NUMBER 1 Food and Drink App in 15 countries including UK and Ireland, Top 10 in 32 countries including USA and Australia **
** Featured in the App Store Food and Drink 'Cooking' section across 80 countries **
Do you think you are undercharging for your cakes? When a customer asks you to quote for a cake, how do you work it all out? Do you stumble on answering cake pricing questions?
How much should I charge for my cakes and cupcakes?
How do I calculate the ingredients cost?
What about the extra costings like boards, boxes and baking paper?
How much should I charge for baking time, or delivery?
And what about MY time?
I'm baking for a friend, what will it cost me?
How do I calculate a cake quote for a large order, quickly, if a customer is on the phone asking?
Cost a Cake Pro can answer ALL these questions for you.
Cost a Cake Pro is an invaluable business tool for anyone who bakes cakes, cupcakes, pastries, cookies, cake pops or any other edible creation or food. It was created by the team at The Cake Makery to assist home and professional bakers with this often time consuming task.
With Cost a Cake Pro you can add any ingredient to your pantry, and you can add any additional item to the extras section, cake boards, cake boxes, ribbon, moulds used, and other such non edible expenditures.
Once your pantry has all the things you regularly bake with, creating your favourite and most used recipes is very quick as you simply add in all the ingredients and their amounts. Your recipes are stored, and from here you can create detailed and accurate quotes for your customers.
Here are a few of our best features:
* Choose you own currency - We support ALL worldwide currencies from £ to $ to Euro or Yen, just enter your own in settings.
* Cost a Cake Pro is really easy to use, add and edit your ingredients and recipes in a few clicks, swipe left or right to delete anything. Designed with ease of use, speed and simplicity in mind.
* Add, edit and delete ingredients in your Pantry. Ingredients can be anything that you can buy in your local supermarket! Yes, you can add in regular food items, such as all the ingredients for your smoothies and juicing or work out the cost of your family dinners.
* You can add ingredients in:
By name for single items or things that come as a pack like 12 eggs or 6 Apples.
* Pantry includes an Extras store - here you can add anything that is inedible, such as:
Ribbon for your cake boards
Cake Boards and cake drums
Florist wire, and tape
Oven times for baking cost
Your delivery cost per mile
* Once you have added your ingredients - you can use them to create individual recipes, with a few clicks you select the ingredient that you want to add, enter the amount you need and add it in. You can also add extras at this point so cupcake recipes can include your cases, and big cakes can include baking paper as part of the recipe as it's always used.
* Once you have created recipes, you can build customer quotes. You simply select the recipes that you will use to make the cake for your order, add them in (as many times as you need - helpful if you have a recipe for 12 cupcakes and you have to make 96!) then add in any extras such as boxes and ribbon and your estimated time on that order and you are done. You get a price that adds all this up, so you can see clearly what you need to charge to ensure you are not out of pocket. Yes it really is that easy!
* We've also included our handy conversion tool too, so that you can easily convert between ounces and grams
* Six free How-to guides for help on subjects including covering a cake, using Tylo powder, making flower paste and making modelling chocolate.
Pricing your cakes and cupcakes has never been easier with Cost A Cake Pro, the #1 Food & Drink app, only from The Cake Makery.
The applications Cost A Cake Pro was published
in the category Food & Drink on 2013-03-19 and
was developed by Flame Red Productions.
The file size is 13.52 MB.
The current version is 1.5.1 and works well on
5.1 and high ios versions.
Bugfix for instance where users try to enter a new currency symbol but get an error message
Pretty useful app
Wish I had read the reviews again before I hit purchase. This is for BRITTISH POUNDS ONLY and is NOT FOR ANY OTHER CURRENCIES. Very disappointed I wasted my money.
Pros: I like that you can put in a recipe and it will talley the cost for you. It also takes into account your time to make bake and decorate. Cons: there are no options for teaspoon or tablespoon measurements in the recipes. You must use a decimal percentage of a cup! Crazy. Who knows that? Also, it would be nice if there was a conversion for servings vs just a recipe for cake. If I could input how many servings a recipe made, then The app should be able to figure out a per serving charge vs just per cake.
I paid $3.99 for an app that crashes every time I go to open it.
I wish I knew that this app used pounds instead of the American dollar when referring to cost of items 👎
This is a great concept for and app but it would be nice to have an update to switch to the Standard system for US users. It takes longer to convert everything and the stores don't even label baking products by grams so its harder to plan and purchase.
While I was skeptical at first I must say that it's completely worth it. As a baker who looking to make a lil extra money from a hobby this is a life saver..I did the foot work and the only thing that is close to this is Cake Boss and that's $150 and its only for the pc maybe the Mac now.This is $4 and its on my iPad. Yes it will take time to Input ingredients but its complete worth it! $4 verse $150 for very similar application.
This app is a piece of crap!!!
I love this app. It will take time to get it customized but it is a must have for the in-home baker.
great app great price. however. when you click in add an ingredient you can't get out of it without adding an ingredient. NEEDS more measurements. ie. teaspoon tablespoon...