Join more than a million musicians and improve your playing with Tunable: Music Practice Tools. More than a chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder, Tunable is a music practice coach that can help you play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Jam-packed with features to help with ear training, breath support, rhythm, timing, and dynamics, Tunable is easy to use yet feature-rich. Tunable tracks your playing habits and gives feedback to help you improve. Equipped with a unique “tuning history” display for viewing pitch as you play, an easy to use metronome and a handy audio recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians. Grab Tunable today and use in your next practice session, group rehearsal, band class, or live performance.
Why are Broadway musicians, students at Juilliard, National Youth Orchestras and beginning instrumentalists using Tunable?
GET FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU PLAY
• It's like a music instructor in your pocket. Record a practice session and get a practice score with note graphs to help summarize your playing.
LEARN TO PLAY IN TUNE WITH SUSTAINED PITCH HISTORY™
• Visualize how steadily you play or sing. The straighter the white line, the more consistent the pitch.
IMPROVE YOUR EAR WITH TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Toggle between different temperaments to hear how they compare.
KEEP TEMPO WITH AN ACCURATE METRONOME
• See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
RECORD YOUR SESSIONS AND SHARE WITH EASE
• Record practices and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings with family, friends, and teachers.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (Hz) display
• Sustained Pitch History™ tuning display to see how you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments, strings, and vocals with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Create your own or change between Equal, Just, Pythagorean, and 15 other tuning temperaments
TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Chromatic Tone Generator and Full Piano with multiple tone options
• Play and sustain single notes or chords
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
• Large number display with optional visual flash to see the downbeat and each subdivision
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision to fit your needs
• Accent or mute individual subdivisions
• Sync metronome to nearby devices so they run at the same tempo and in time (via Ableton Link)
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
RECORD PRACTICE SESSIONS
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Receive a score and individual note graphs per recording
• Organize recordings into folders
• Search by name to find past recordings
• Easily share recordings and practice scores
• Playback recordings at 0x - 3x speed
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• 15 Notations to choose from
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring
• Dark and light themes
• Siri Shortcuts access to common tasks
Tunable is especially great with voice, wind, and string instruments:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
• "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
• "Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
• "Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
The applications Tunable Tuner & Metronome was published
in the category Music on 2013-03-27 and
was developed by AffinityBlue.
The file size is 84.85 MB.
The current version is 3.0.12 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
- Fixed issue with crashing on some devices from the previous release
- Improved practice session report graphs to be more informative
- Improved practice session reports scoring - you may see higher scores now
- Fixed an issue with incorrect note names on practice session reports
- Added a link to follow us on Instagram. Tag us #TunableApp
- Added an option to draw Connected or Per Note lines on the tuning indicator
- Squashed some other small bugs
If you're enjoying Tunable, please rate this version. It really helps!
Helps one develop anything from a steady, on key singing voice to a steady on pitch saxophone style, to a serious paranoia about “what is that 20000 htz tone the app constantly detects when dormant?” Okay, that last part was a joke. Kind of. But seriously, it’s *very worth the money. Recommended 👍
This is really best tuner in app store .just download this app .you wont be repent.😑👌
I use this well-designed app every day. I’ve tried many tuning apps and this is the one I always come back to.
This is my favorite practice app to use when I practice at all times and I’m very happy with it. However with the newest update the graph is so condensed and there are so many lines it’s a little distracting to look at and it’s hard to find the places where you’re playing out of tune. Great app otherwise!
I’ve been using this app for multiple things for awhile now and it’s by far the best i’ve used. Also, the support for the app is excellent, i had some questions regarding a update and received a reply and resolution immediately. HIGHLY recommend this app it’s absolutely worth it.
it crashes almist every 20 minute after last update!
Nice, clean, smart design I suggested tunable to our orchestra, every player use it since the day.
This app has pretty much replaced the other tuners and metronomes I’ve been using. The expanding color slide has been very helpful with breath control.
Really great! From metronome and telling you if your notes are correct, it’s awesome!
It makes my music career easier
The new update has sent the tuning part looking like seismic wave charts.
Features work well as stated. Good price.
I’m a professional trumpet player and find this an incredibly effective and aesthetic tool for practice as well as teaching / educating. The accuracy and layout is a great way to get students concentrating on their airflow and visualising everything that’s going on. I use it in my seasons as a sort of game whilst warming up and it makes long time exercises a little more “fun” and less tedious for young students. Love Tunable !!!
It is okay but it hears other noises very easily. I was playing and it heard my mum and dads voices. 😥
Nice work, Tunable. Love the display and all combined features of the app. Bravo! Haven’t discovered if there’s a way to program temperaments yet. Would be a very useful feature to have. Will rate it 5 stars if I can program my own temperaments. Also, it would be great to be able to play tones that more closely resemble the sounds of the string family. The artificial triangle, sine, square and saw tones are not so great.
The most reliable of the lot. Every string player’s best friend.
Really needs a custom temperament option.
I totally love this app but it has left me hungry for MORE! Can we please record intonation over a longer period and also stats about the tuning would be fab, eg “C3 is 20 cent sharp on 15% of attempts”
This cheap little app is actually the best tuner app in the store! Excellent design, super simple to use, but it also has plenty of highly technical features (intonation!). I've used it for about 4 years and I've never found a better tuner since!
The 3.0.0 update ruined a perfectly good tuner metronome. It works but after using the previous version, I find the UI difficult to adjust. The fonts are smaller, especially the bpm and subdivision. At least you kept the tempo wheel, albeit smaller.
This is an amazing and professional app for tuning, you would do it better if it supported Audio Unit. We could run it inside Cubasis, Audiobus or even AUM
This app went from "decent purchase" to "absolutely must-have" over the course of one update. Seriously well done.
The new design looks great, while the new functionality gives a lot of new options for using the app. While Siri shortcuts is supported, the one thing I’d love is shortcuts app support. It’s the one thing keeping this off of 5 stars for me.
This tuner is the best tuner out there!! It is so helpful to tune my violin.
It is in fact very useful, but I would prefer it less like, sensitive
It really helps very useful!
Love all of the functions on this app it does help me improve my timing read them and understanding of music.
Easy to use!
I've tried them all this is by far the best. Install this delete the rest. Really!!