The only reading app designed to motivate kids to read!
** Over 200 interactive stories & songs that turn screen time into reading time
** So fun & engaging kids choose reading over games
** Stories promote active participation, grow vocabulary, and improve comprehension
** Designed so kids as young as 2 can easily use independently
**Available as a free trial and then a monthly or annual subscirption
WHAT’S INSIDE THE SPEAKABOOS READING APP for Kids
- Stories & songs for kids ages 2-6 including classic fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes as well as original characters developed exclusively for this reading app
- Well-known books for kids such as The 3 Little Pigs, Jack and the Beanstalk, Goldilocks, & Where the Wild Things Are,
- Popular characters that preschool and kindergarten children love like Thomas the Train, Angelina Ballerina, Sid the Science Kid, and Mike the Knight
- Sesame street songs with Elmo and Big Bird
- Stories organized by favorite kid’s topics like princesses, monsters, animals, music, and more!
- Reading app activity reporting that lets you know about your child’s reading activity
PARENTS & TEACHERS LOVE SPEAKABOOS FOR THEIR CHILDREN!
- “My 23-month-old daughter and I love to cuddle up and read your stories, especially the ones about fairytales and princesses.” - Ashley B., KY
- “My 5-year-old son is a reluctant reader, but Speakaboos stories on monsters and animals have really engaged him and he wants to read more books as a result! - Karen D., CA
- I’m an elementary school early literacy educator for 38 years now!! This app is fantastic!’ - Deb B., NJ
PRAISE FROM EDUCATORS AND MEDIA
- Awarded National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval.
- Received an A+ from Education World.
- Named “one of the great websites” by the American Library Association.
- "Speakaboos... makes it easy for kids to learn to read by easing them through different phases: reading stories to them, helping them to follow along with the story as it's read, and finally allowing kids to read on their own," (Appolicious).
- "Speakaboos will be a very handy tool while traveling. We have put in quite a bit of air and car time this summer and it doesn’t take long before our active preschooler gets bored watching back to back movies. Speakaboos offers a good, more interactive alternative." (GeekMom).
SPEAKABOOS BUILDS AND SUPPORTS LITERACY FOR CHILDREN
Speakaboos’ educational methodology encourages literacy and learning through features including:
- Read-along word highlighting promotes word recognition among young readers.
- Clickable words allow children to hear the way words are pronounced.
- Rich illustrations, sound effects and music keeps kids engaged.
- 3 modes of play depending on reading level: Read To Me, Read & Play, Read It Myself.
- If you like Reading Rainbow, Scholastic Storia, FarFaria, Learn with Homer MeeGenius or ABC Mouse, you'll love Speakaboos stories.
Subscription details for Speakaboos Reading App: Stories & Songs for Kids:
- Subscription is offered on a monthly or yearly basis and provides unlimited access
- A 1-month subscription costs $7.99 and 12 months costs $69.99 or equivalent local price
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
The applications Speakaboos Reading App: Stories & Songs for Kids was published
in the category Education on 2013-07-12 and
was developed by Speakaboos.
The file size is 73.01 MB.
The current version is 4.4.0 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
Minor Improvements and Bug Fixes
The app is basically like watching movies with subtitles. It always crashes. And they don't send you a reminder before the subscription renewal comes up. Overall crappy app.
I am a book lover and always imagined my kids would be too. When my son was born I couldn't wait to share the experience of reading with him. Thing is my husband and his family are obsessed with electronics and where you would find my shelves full of books, theirs are full of tech gadgets. After two years of trying to compromise and/or not force the topic I finally found a workable compromise! It's not exactly as I imagined it but my son still sits in my lap as we read, sing and play together using speakaboos. And without realizing it, speakaboos is also encouraging my 30 year old husband to read more. :) LOVE IT!!!
My son loves this app, but we have to login every time we use it. We have this app on our phone and iPad. I paid for the entire year and I'm regretting it somewhat for that reason. I went as far as emailing and calling their customer service about a month ago and never got a response which is disappointing. I was hoping an update would fix this. We have ABC Mouse and we never have this problem having to login every time we use it. I would recommend ABC Mouse over speakaboos; it's more educational, more personalized and it has just as many stories.
The updates keep coming and my kids love them. It keeps their attention better than any other app I have. Their reading skills keep improving as well.
My son loves it!
Everything appears to start but then you must purchase the programs for a monthly fee. Have no idea if this program is any good
My 6 and 3 year old can sit down and enjoy a 30 minute to 2 hour Speakaboos session whenever they choose. Great for car rides, plane rides or (snow) home days. Highly recommended.
Was a great learning distraction on our road trip over Presidents' Day weekend.
This is probably a nice app, but I couldn't even sample the content without first signing up to purchase it. I'm not doing that without even knowing if we'll like the program. Uninstalling. "Free" app is only free to install... not to use.
My Godson is just learning to read and Speakaboos is a so wonderful resource to help him fall in love with reading. He uses it daily, reads along with the stories and the interactivity keeps him highly engaged.
My daughter loves being read to on this app and interacting with the stories!
I regret purchasing the year subscription primarily because we are forced to log in every day to access the content which is not convenient especially for young children. Out of several months worth we have used it a handful of times. Fix this and it might be worth the purchase. Content is okay although I wish the read along content was made into the picture rather than an awkward white box. Also the content seems more video based than I would like.
As a teacher, I think this is a fantastic teaching tool.
My kids love it!
So perfect and easy for my guided reading groups in my 1st grade classroom. I'm starting to plan for back-to-school, and it's so simple to use this platform to find titles for my small group lessons with the Lexile filter, plus all the reading modes have made it wonderful for my reluctant and emergent readers to enjoy the books that otherwise would have been on a frustrational reading level for them. The word highlighting and text-touch feature are great, too. Planning on making sure my entire grade level team has a subscription this year.
I gave my son a subscription to speakaboos recently and he's been going through and exploring the different interactions in each story. The space stories are his absolute favorite. There's an abundance of stories as well for him to choose from which he's loving. I'd highly recommend this app for any parent!
I downloaded for the nephews and they loved it. Coolest part is that the stories are actually educational even though the kiddos think it's just fun stuff.
It has all the characters kids love. My 3 year old has been obsessed with trains and she can't get enough of these stories. I love watching her on Speakaboos and it's the perfect pre-bedtime activity to get us through those cranky evening hours!
There are many great video stories and animated stories. Reading is no longer boring to our them. They really enjoy it.
I was excited to get this app but once I downloaded it i realized that you have to pay for everything. None of the stories were free, you had to get a free 7 day trial or buy a monthly plan!! Really disappointed.