Voted "Best Use of a Mobile Camera" at the 21st Annual WEBBY Awards! Want to remember more? A video diary can help with happiness, stress relief, and memory.
Get started with 1 Second Everyday and stop forgetting.
Featured by Apple, BBC, TED, CNN, Fast Company and more!
"For over 6 years, I've been recording 1 second every day, so I'll never forget another day ever again. This project has had such a positive impact on my life. This lead to the development of 1 Second Everyday; which makes it easy for anyone to do this too. Being able to relive every single day has provided me with a treasured perspective on life. It holds me accountable for making each day notable. When I turn 40, I'll have a 1 hour compilation that encapsulates my 30s. If I live to see 80 years of age, I'll have a 5-hour video that summarizes 50 years of my life."
- Cesar Kuriyama, 1SE Founder
Why 1 Second Everyday is awesome:
- SHAKE IT: Shake your phone to fill in orange days automatically!
- INSTA-MASH: Create a video of your past year on Instagram with one tap!
- SHARING: Send your favorite second as a gif, Instagram loop or share your whole video with ease.
- FREESTYLE: Going on an adventure? Use any amount of seconds to tell your story of that quick trip to Spain or your wedding weekend.
- FLUX: Forgot to record? Go back in time and grab a video to use.
- SUPER SECONDS: Sometimes you need a little more time.
- DIARY: Take note of your day and leave a private message to yourself.
- MASHING: Make videos of any length from 7 days to even 3 years. You're in control.
- CROWDS: Submit a second from your life to a crowd and share your perspective with the world.
- REMINDERS: Setup friendly creative reminders so you never forget a day!
- PRIVACY: Your seconds are stored on your phone. They are never shared with anyone unless you decide to do it.
Give 1 Second Everyday a try today and never forget a day again!
We love your feedback and appreciate your reviews. Please send us any questions, ideas, or words of encouragement to [email protected]
Follow us on:
- Instagram: @1_Second_Everyday
- Twitter: @1SecondEveryday
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1SecondEveryday
The applications 1 Second Everyday: Video Diary was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2013-01-10 and
was developed by Cesar Kuriyama.
The file size is 109.55 MB.
The current version is 1.60000.1 and works well on
9.1 and high ios versions.
This version mainly fixes bugs, including some crashers. If you tried to use 1SE with a calendar that isn't the Gregorian calendar and only saw one day in the calendar view, rejoice! That bug is fixed and you can use the app no matter what your system calendar is set to. (The app still only uses the Gregorian calendar)
One new thing is a setting to disable the snippet sharing screen that shows up automatically when you create your first snippet in each session. It's under Advanced Settings near the bottom of the menu.
And of course it includes all the changes from version 1.60000:
** NEW **
• Shake your phone to fill in orange days automatically! When you're looking at orange days in your timeline just shake your phone to try it out. If you don't like what you see then shake your phone to try again, or tap "Discard" to throw them out. We'll choose different snippets every time.
• We introduced Insta-Mash in December to let you mash your last year on Instagram. Now you have many more options for making those videos, just like mashing a movie from your 1SE snippets.
• There's an advanced setting for 60 FPS videos, supported throughout the entire app from recording, to cutting snippets, to mashing. Note that this may make your snippets and mashed movies take up more space.
• The options screen has been overhauled to be less of an eyesore. Hooray!
** IMPROVED **
• We categorized our reminder messages and you can choose the categories you want to see! Don't like our reminders? Set a custom message that says anything you want. Boom.
• Oh, and you can choose a specific time at which to receive reminders too.
• Thumbnails always fill days in your timeline now. No more black bars on thumbnails of vertical videos. (Your actual snippets will still be vertical, fear not!)
** FIXED **
• Sometimes the camera wasn't recording audio properly. No longer.
• It looks like we were transporting a bunch of people to the great state of Texas by mistake. While warm and full of BBQ, not everyone was pumped. Sorry about that! We fixed it.
• We fixed some problems uploading mashed movies to Twitter.
We would love to hear any and all feedback. Please email any questions, ideas, or words of encouragement to [email protected] Happy to help.
We live and die by reviews, your reviews. If we've provided a great experience and helped you live a better life please give us a 5 star review and let others know how awesome 1SE is!
I've recorded one second a day every day since my daughter was born in 2014. Amazing to watch all the little changes stitched together over time. Love this app!!!!
I LOVE this app! It's so great and it makes keeping memories so easy. Sometimes the app crashes but I just open it back up again and I don't have any more problems. Wonderful app. Wish I could rotate videos in the app though.
This app is just okay. Yes it's laid out nicely, but theres no customization at all! There's an annoying date in the bottom left that can't be removed and the developers never provide updates. Vertical video can not be cropped and there's no editing tools besides the video clip trim. Save your money and find a better app for this until these developers include more customization tools. I messaged the devs about hiding this stupid date in the bottom left on freestyle mode and they replied it may be added later as an in-app purchase! After paying $4.99 for your app I find this extremely unacceptable! Edit:. The developer says the date in the bottom left is very important which I understand for regular mode, but why do I need a date on freestyle mode, especially if every clip is from the same day? Until more customization is implemented like hiding the date, I stand by my 1 star review for a $5 app.
This is the way I document my life. Private video of my daily life... good and bad. Its here. I tried to keep a diary but couldn't keep up with the habit. Maybe I'm being lazy but this has been great n easy. Love it and my lil video diary.
it would be cool if we could add music when we compile it all together. just a suggestion!
The app started out a bit bumpy but gas really improved over time and is pretty good and a really fun concept. Here are my small gripes that keep it from earning that fifth star: - I really don't like the advertising clipped onto the end of my finished video - I should be able to browse through specific albums in my library when manually adding videos. The last two I mentioned are the most important - There should be an option in the settings to not include the date on each second of video - There should be a way to make the snippets in the timeline longer than one second like there is in the freestyle timeline (choosing the amount of time per snippet is ideal) - UI is starting to feel a bit old and could be smoothed and modernized
Thank you, 1SE. I'm not tech savvy and definitely not a cinematographer, but I love using the app. I finished my first year in January and had such a positive response from friends and family when I shared my video. My grandmother passed away in March and I'll always be able to look back at my first year and part of my second year for the snippets with her. I can't recommend this app enough.
There seriouslyyyy needs to be a rotate video option because all my clips are getting flipped and it's ruining the entire video!!!!!!
This app rules. I've been using it every day for almost 2 years now, capturing moments like my three-year-old son making a funny face, and the birth of my daughter. This is a fun and sentimental way to document your life; I can't wait to export the whole thing and watch it.
I love the idea of this app
Really loving this and looking back on my days is making me more productive.
This app (and the team behind it!) is INCREDIBLE. What a beautiful way to review and tell the story of a year in the life... When the app has hiccups, the team humbly reaches out and you get to interact with real, human beings who legitimately care about how each person uses this app to tell their own stories. 110% worth the download/investment. 👏🏻👏🏻
This app is the best. Easy to use. I love how you can pull from your photo library in addition to filming on the spot. And it really is an amazing way to have a small memory of every day... it means a lot when you go back and look at it and you forget things you filmed! I will keep these videos for my whole life because what a great and easy and fun way to reminisce 10 years from now.
I have switched from stills to clips of my life and documenting this way makes life so much more fun!!!!!
This app is great! The only thing I couldn't figure out is how to remove the "Texas" watermark for customized videos. How?!
ok, what am i doing wrong? All i get is a screen with some people celebrating a birthday. I figured it out and it was my fault. The app is great!,
After hearing about this app and the story behind it on the TED Radio Hour podcast I downloaded it and used it to document my son's first year here on Earth. When my wife and I go back and watch the video now it's hard to hold back the tears. Simply amazing.
I have been using this app continually since I helped kickstarted it. It has changed my life in that I can now remember the little moments in my life that I previously forgot. I cannot be without this app in it's ease of use and concept. And I plan to use it until the day I die. Thank you!
Saw the creator on a documentary about technology on television and thought I'd try the app. First app I actually purchased. Was an instant hit for me! I actually went back through old videos on my computer and downloaded them to my phone dating back from 2010. My first 1SE video ended up being 11 minutes long. My wife, kids, family and friends all loved watching it and they got hooked too. I do wish the app had an option to crop videos in portrait into a landscape view (my wife for a long time didn't have proper video etiquette when recording). Other than that, what a great prompt to live each day with purpose.