From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $7.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.newarkadvocate.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
The applications The Newark Advocate was published
in the category News on 2012-09-04 and
was developed by Gannett.
The file size is 76.97 MB.
The current version is 4.12.1 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
Gives me hometown news in a timely manner. Thanks Advocate, well done!
Lots of time I click on the article and it says cannot view and want you to buy a subscription
Keeps me up to date on local events, and LOVE the sports coverage of all local LCL teams!!!
I use this app to stay up with the news in my area. Between school and work, I don't have a lot of time to sit and watch the news. This keeps me up to date. My only complaint is that they need to report more of what happens rather than the sensational. They recently had two shootings in one day and only reported in depth on one. The other was in my area and it is important to those of us living in the area to know what is happening around us.
I hate this app. I fill like I can get more off Facebook and be more up to date.
I purchased this app to have digital access to the Pataskala Standard. Today is May 3. The articles on the Standard are April 14, 15, 18, 20, 27 and 1 from May 2. Terrible updates. Time to reconsider this purchase.
Love having headlines and notifications in a simple to use format.
They must want us to subscribe now. The old app stopped working. This one, if you can get it to complete the download, will not open. Do not even bother.
When I get up in the morning, I pour a cup of coffee and fire up my laptop to read my daily newspaper, The Newark Advocate. It consistently downloads, provides my morning news fix and keeps me up on what's happening locally. I highly recommend this app for your use.
COTC earns marketing award for recruitment brochure - The Newark Advocate :
What's going on? Aces of Trades: The art of makeup - The Newark Advocate Get found ->
Aces of Trades: The art of makeup – The Newark Advocate