From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $9.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.courier-journal.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
The applications The Courier-Journal was published
in the category News on 2012-06-01 and
was developed by Gannett.
The file size is 77.00 MB.
The current version is 4.12.2 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
I find the CJ app great when I am away from my paper copy. The update alerts let me know what is happening in Louisville.
Perhaps the best thing about this C-J service is the timely news updates. Certainly the news gathering/reporting business is constantly changing. Glad to see the C-J evolve and remain meaningful.
Enjoy text updates on current events and option of opening article to read further. I most enjoy e-edition of paper. Like all the extras of app.
It gives what it's supposed to. Overview and headlines. You can dig into it. But best if you subscribe.
Love getting the breaking news updates. Also love having hard copy paper at my door step in the morning.
Great way to catch up on current events!!
As long as you have a subscription, the app does what it's supposed to do.
Sometimes it is challenging to navigate but I really enjoy it most of the time.
Easy to navigate. Great local sports! Very nice app!
@pewdrdad 🐂💩! No it's not! The courier journal in Louisville is still bias! See our democratic mayor and representative!
It's retail therapy for the Fourth of July.
@WhyCourtsMatter: John Bush, Trump's pick for 6th circuit court, is unfit for the bench: #StopBush
When a friend sends me a link to one of the CJ's excellent stories, really top-notch reporters, I have to go through a number of steps, and THEN still look
Sadly, with the demise of the daily newspaper (say it isn't so!), this app is timely and locally informative-as well as nationally and globally-this app and the ABC news app are all I need to stay informed up to the minute. Great for weather as well. RIP, daily newspaper-you were awesome for that era in time!
The paper in itself is a nice paper. Pretty good articles and layout for the most part is good. Delivery issues, no paper or wet paper not placed in a good spot and gets wet. Sometimes it's only one plastic cover or sometimes two, still gets wet. It is mostly thrown on our driveway right where most of run off water from a rain storm runs and seeps in the plastic covers and we have a wet paper. The cj app seems to have s few bugs
Hard to use. No way to contact the Company, obviously do not value Subscribers. Another decline for a formerly great paper.
Tried multiple times to load on iPhone 6 with large memory, downloads but will not install. Had same problem with USAToday app a few weeks ago. Obviously a Gannett problem!
The app by the Courier-Journal still has a lot of bugs. The app has trouble loading on numerous occasions and usually requires me to attempt to load it two to three times. The content is not normally uploaded as quick as the website. Overall, the app still needs a lot of improvement.
I have the Manage Alerts setting set to only send Breaking News. I have Sports turned off...and yet the majority of the notifications I receive are quarterly updates of EVERY UK and UL. This is NOT "Breaking News!"
There's not a search button to view previous articles?
Appreciate having objective fact based perspective of up to date issues.