From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $9.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.desmoinesregister.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
The applications Des Moines Register was published
in the category News on 2012-06-01 and
was developed by Gannett.
The file size is 77.44 MB.
The current version is 4.12.1 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
I enjoy the real time updates. The app is easy to use. It keeps me up to date with state wide news. It has in depth stories about what is happening in our State's government.
I really enjoy the whole paper. I have two favs though, Dan Finney and your two cents worth.
I've been reading the Register here and also the print edition. It gives you a wonderful way to keep up on Iowa news. Easy to read and very convenient.
I subscribe to DSM Register Sunday paper but enjoy reading it daily online, especially the front page & opinion page. It is enlightening & sometimes funny! We can all learn from others if we so choose!
Keeps me up to date each days as to what is going on in the state and around the country! Use it often!
If I only have Breaking News notifications turned on, I shouldn't be getting a dozen push notifications a day. Tone it down a notch or two.
I loved the notifications and getting the news fast. But after a month it is now making me pay a $10 dollar monthly subscription to read the articles associated with the headlines. I can get news anywhere.... I'm not about to pay for it.
I enjoy reading sports articles posted by Aaron Young and the rest of the Des Moines Register staff. Their info is up-to-date and interesting to read. I choose The Register over Other news competitors to hear about news in Des Moines and the State of Iowa.
I hate this app. I've removed it from my phone, iPad and computer. I now just go to the web site. I'm tired of looking for the news and it's ALL sports. I'm a sports fan but I want all news. Try again folks.
Works well for me. I use it to read some stories before they are printed. Really like it for Iowa and ISU sports.
Medicaid changes could risk our children's health - Stephen Stephenson - Des Moines Register
#MLB #Baseball: Carl Yastrzemski MVP Not Happy #Boston #RedSox Des Moines Register 1967 …
#Awards Live video Saturday: Des Moines Register All-Iowa Sports Awards - : Live video…
Good use of media, though the videos seem to load slowly at times. Nice coverage of the area.
Des Moines Register does awesome job with ap. It is the 1st online paper that I enjoy more than the actual. Most newspapers ap is less than the newspaper. I will continue to pay for news if they are EXCELLENT.
Very convenient access to local coverage.
I find myself using this app frequently for reference even though I read the paper too. It helped a lot when we were preparing to move here from out of state!
I like being able to access the Register from my phone, but sometimes it doesn't work.
Will not let me sign in to read articles. Sometimes works after several tries.
No longer able to see the games/comics section. Crossword puzzle doesn't load at all.
I've been using this app for a while. It's fine. The headlines are set up so it's easy to scroll through. I like that the picture in the list of headlines are small so you can scroll through faster. I'm a browser of news, not the type who reads the paper cover to cover. I have 2 real complaints. The first is the ads. As I was scrolling through today, ads I did not click on took me out of the app twice in just a couple of minutes. That's annoying, but I just click the back to app thing at the top of the screen. My bigger complaint is the lack of coordination between the "Top 5" emails I get and what I see in the app. I have had several times where a headline in the email was not in the Top Stories section. If it's a "Top 5" news article, you would thing that's where it should be easiest to find. Since there appears to be no search option, you have to wander around the app looking for an article that you think looks interesting. Today, the email showed an article about grilling fruits and veggies. The 4th of July is next week and we will be firing up the grill. Of course I want to read that. I have no idea where to find the article in the app. I have to click through from the email to get the story. That is much more annoying.
App seems to be glitchy. Won't allow login. Hangs up. What happened?