Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or Newsify or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Access Newsify on your computer at newsify.co (requires Newsify account)
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications
• Offline reading including image caching
• Unread articles widget (requires iOS 10)
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Open Links setting)
• Full-text view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Google mobilizer
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
– To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
Newsify Premium is $2.99 USD per month or $29.99 USD per year and may vary depending on your location. If you choose to purchase Newsify Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
The applications Newsify RSS Reader was published
in the category News on 2012-04-22 and
was developed by Ben Alexander.
The file size is 61.77 MB.
The current version is 5.1 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Added new Dark theme with true black background for iPhone X (see Theme setting)
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
On iPhone X. But it’s a little confusing trying to distinguish Night mode from Dark mode. The “read” font color in dark mode could be a little brighter with more contrast.
Newsify is, by far, my most used app on iOS. I've been using News if for a number of years now and there really isn't anything I can say about this app that doesn't praise it. and rightly so, it's the only news reader on the AppStore that i'd ever recommend. Keep up the excellent work Ben. Newsify is a gem, even at $30/yr for premium. if anything, the annual support keeps the developer motivated, providing us with stellar features and support.
Excellent app, I love the ability to get the full text of many RSS feeds in a clean and easy to read interface. I have tried many RSS reader apps and this is my favorite. I also recommend paying for the subscription to get the full text feeds.
I don’t know since when it has happened but it doesn’t keep read items anymore on my iphone x. I surely set the settings to keep them and it used to work well.
Just started having an issue on my iPhone X. After clicking on an article to read within the app, the screen will go black and the app crashes/ sends me back to my home screen. Happens constantly. Please fix! Thanks
Keep it up !
I just want to say thank you to the developer. I bought this years ago and still to this day it is being updated and expanded. Great Job!
So many great RSS readers that are free.This used to have a flat rate, but no longer. Don't waste your time or money
Great feature set, but it’s slow, both in UI and sync, when compared to its competitors. It needs a rethink on performance. That said, it still beats the others for the whole package, so it’s my go-to news reader.
I've tried at least a dozen highly-rated news/RSS apps, every one of them highly recommended in multiple glowing reviews, or listed as "the best newsreader" in an article from somewhere reliable. None of the others lived up to the hype, but Newsify is pretty much perfect. I can send the data wherever I want with a touch. I can easily star/unstar in multiple ways and from multiple views. I can navigate directly between articles or go back to the list. Newsify added support for Feedly's servers, which makes this a 5-star app! v5.0(296): the new drag-and-drop support is annoying. It means I need to press-and-hold much longer to star an article (or whatever you have the press-and-hold action set to), because it first activates the drag-n-drop functionality, then the press-and-hold functionality. This would be easily fixed by having that action take a shorter hold and holding for drag-n-drop take a longer hold. I’m betting that for most users of a newsreader, marking or saving articles is a much more common activity than dragging them into another app.
Rocks my socks 😉👍
Happy with the update, too, except, the new icon lacks its predecessor's charm and looks rather *meh*; why not tweak the old icon instead?
Great app to manage all your blog subscriptions. I love the easy to read format and one finger gestures. There are a few feed problems when authors update their blog look and feel which result in no updates.
An efficient Reader, doesn't get in the way. Works well.
Twitter, Newsify and Reddit, these are the apps I open multiple times a day. Often in the above order. I have been using this app for years so I thought I'd finally write a review. It's a must have for me.
Simple, stable, intuitive and fast. Setting up news feeds are a Breeze! Love this product!
Use this app daily. It's great.
I use this app more than any other. I love it! It works seamlessly with Feedly, it's full featured, and it's never crashed for me. I especially like how it reduces the brightness of images when in night mode (as well as the obviously needed inversion of the text) other reading apps forget to do this. My only gripe is how it loses the Readability view when I swipe back (but not up and down). Often as I swipe back, a thought will enter my mind, and I'll quickly return to the article to find that the Readability content has been replaced by the feed content. Thank you so much for making this app!
5 star app that I started giving 1 less star every time a new version pesters me for a rating
Does not work so well for feeds that update frequently. Misses a few updates. Does not work so well when app runs in background or when app is open and I Pad is locked.
I guess in dumb. Most articles only show first paragraph or so. FAQ says hit the "globe" button if that happens. Doesn't work for me. Just too much trouble. iPhone SE.
I love the simple interface, the way you can organize your subscriptions, and the access through the Internet. In truth I give this app a 3.75 because it would be great if this was provided for Androids. This would open up so many more people to use it. Specifically, I just bought an Android for my next phone. I would love to continue using this app on it.
at least for me
Thanks for addressing the issue I brought up about using the same browser choice when tapping on links and swiping to the left. Now this app is practically perfect. By FAR the best RSS reader out there for many reasons. Suggestions & bug reports: 1. List articles in an order based on the time they were downloaded/received on your device. Right now they are listed in a chronological order based on the time stamps of the articles. If an author publishes an article at 4AM but lists it as 10PM, the whole day this article stays on top till after 10PM, which is a mild annoyance. 2. Accessing the list of subscriptions inside a folder should be more intuitive. Right now you're required to long-press on a folder to open the sub list. You can add an arrow button on the right end of each folder for that instead. 3. On ipads, especially larger ones, add a preview panel on the right, like Mail. Keep the article list shown on the left. 4. Bug: right now if you open the safari view controller (doesn't matter if you stay in the app or switch to another app/home screen), when you go back to the article list from the safari view controller, the auto refresh won't work until you switch out and back in to the app. 5. Bug: Very rarely the article list freezes for no reason. 6. A grey theme would be nice even for the day time. It's available in safari's reader view which has 4 themes.
Always has new stories for me, never had a issue with it.
I use this app every day. Even works with Safari ad blocker if you use safari to view content in the settings.
been thru plenty of these feeds and this one manages to do the job
As you look at the selected articles, the heading and first sentence are in a light grey color that is hard to read. I won't use the app until that is changed.
So, I am wondering why my 64 GB phone is full ... (half of it photos) and here is newsify using 12 GB! No cache size option, no purge cache, ... Good app, with plenty of options, but seriously need ad block extensions like adblock ublock ... because once you get past the initial rss blurb, all the horrible ads take over, take up the screen, slow down browsing, ..