For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It's a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth and input/output support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Universal app with all device orientations supported
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Plucked Strings
The applications TonalEnergy Tuner & Metronome was published
in the category Music on 2012-02-18 and
was developed by TonalEnergy, Inc.
The file size is 69.93 MB.
The current version is 1.6.1 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
New in version 1.6.1:
- Added manual language selection option in preferences
- Improved selection of tempo change +/- control when held down, including restoring option for original behavior
- Various bug fixes and updates
From previous version 1.6:
- Added new Note Staff view on analysis page for viewing your tuning in a standard music notation format
- Improved immediate history scroll back on Analysis waveform plot, can now see previous 60 seconds of audio when freezing and play it back (with loop points). Can pinch to zoom, or set the playhead by tapping/dragging near top of plot. This also works when playing back previously recorded audio files.
- Added support for remote control via AirTurn pedals and bluetooth (qwerty) keyboards, as well as MIDI controllers sending CC or PC events. See the new options in the Prefs.
- Added German, French, Spanish, Chinese translations (along with updated Japanese)
- Added 8/8, 11/8, and 4/8 meters
- Added Viola da Gamba tunings
- Added Mountatin Dulcimer tunings
- Now record in stereo if there is a stereo input attached.
- Added options in Prefs to show Smiley and Thinking faces
- New accelerando/ritardando support in metronome presets. See the revised tempo section in the preset editor. New modes for tempo include No Change, Fixed, Gradual (which lets you set start and end tempo), and Relative (which adjusts it +/- a specific BPM from previous).
- Added additional preset sequencing option "Single". The toggle button for sequencing the met is now 3-way. Off, Sequence All, and Sequence Single. The new mode stays on the current preset but executes the bar count and any tempo changes, then if looping is off it will stop, or if looping is on it will repeat, including any tempo changes.
- Now has ability to set a preset start and end for sequencing over (instead of just the whole list), long press on a preset button (when in sequence mode) for options.
- Added preset number and measure number to metronome preset lists, to ease creating sequences or set lists
- Tapping on metronome "list" button on main met page now brings up the preset groups list on iPhone. Long-pressing it brings up the current group (what it used to do when pressed normally).
- Double-tap on presets on main page brings up popup editor all the time, long-press when in auto-advance mode brings up menu to set that preset as the range start or end, or clear the range (or edit).
- Added combine preset groups feature when in Select mode, to create new groups from multiple existing ones.
- Layout changes in main metronome page (and pulldown) to make it much easier to use one-handed on iPhone.
- New popup slider/wheel controls for metronome tempo by holding down +/- tempo buttons. Defaults to slider, try the wheel by switching an option in the metronome prefs.
- Fixed issue where metronome was silent using some bluetooth speakers.
- Fixed visual metronome with /1 meters
- Fixed import of presets via Airdrop, etc to work even when tuner isn't running
- Importing metronome presets with identical name as an existing now gets unique name
- Fixed issue where preset groups couldn't be exported because of their name
- Prevented full swiping to delete preset groups (to avoid accidental deletion)
- Fixed meter menu getting stuck open in preset editor
- Fixed count-in related issues
It’s a great app, and I think that it would be better if it could detect chords and tune every note in the chord. Just saying.
This tuner app did cost a little money, but it was worth it.There is a ton of adjustments that can be made in the app, and overall the app is very detailed.
Total energy tuner is the best tuner with extras available on the App Store!
Versatile, flexible all encompassingo Fantastic. The perfect tools tools to help practice.
This app is so helpful and useful
I’m a music teacher and I couldn’t live without this app. I teach choir, band, guitar, orchestra, ukulele, and general music and am on this app all day for tuning, metronome, and tones. Its incredible and reliable. This is one of those apps that I just continue to find useful tweaks to meet the needs of a particular group. THANK YOU for creating such a useful app!!
This app is great it is also very customizable to most instruments and there is also a voice setting. Also includes metronome and sound wheel. Very helpful sound analysis section as well. No ads either. Very good use of 4 dollars !
pretty cool ya man its jazz man
Nothings wrong with it I just #h8 band
this app is amazing!!! i am a musician, and struggled with many other metronome/tuning apps. none of them worked quite right for me, until a friend recommended tonal energy to me. it’s tuner is amazing and has helped me develop a great, steady tone. i love that there are different settings for how finely you want to be tuned. it’s been very good for me as i progress in my playing. i participate in marching band and a few different concert bands and nearly everyone there has this app. you can ask most anyone who has this app and they will tell you it is 100% worth the money. it’s amazing and worth the time. my musicianship has improved so much since i’ve had tonal energy.
My students love to check tuning and intonation.
Great app. Having drones of real instruments and metronome on at the same time is fantastic! Must have app for serious musicians.
I love this app. I use it with my students to help them pitch their notes, and I use it in my own practice studio. It's really versatile. I have recommended to all my students.
I primarily use the drone and metronome features. Today, when doing scales, I couldn’t get the met to work. It wouldn’t adjust tempo, not that it matters since nothing happened when I pressed play. Reinstalled with same problem. I need something reliable all the time, so I’m deleting the app to have room for another. I’d love to come back to this app if it can work all the time.
But this NOW
Love this app! Can’t recommend it enough. The drone-tones are the best.
I’m a trombone player and have been very happy with all of the features included in this one app. It’s got everything I need for working on my sound, intonation, time, etc. A great all-in-one app for working on technique.
My band teacher the Haburay made us get this and it’s good I guess
Wonderful program. Wide range of applications. Very easy to use.
Great set of options. Take time to learn it’s features. Worth the effort.
I am in the 6th grade band and we use it all the time.