As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo. It works between Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network, or iOS apps on the same device. Just turn it on in Settings to get started! http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at [email protected] or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
The applications Loopy HD was published in the category Music on 2011-10-06 and was developed by A Tasty Pixel. The file size is 21.27 MB. The current version is 1.6.9 and works well on 10.0 and high ios versions.
- Improved behaviour when connected to Ableton Link and starting record from paused
- Fixed some iPhone audio issues when using Audiobus
Monstrously difficult to use if you’re playing guitar and trying to loop it. Absolutely not worth the $4.00.
It is a great app but I don’t think there is a countdown. I use it to record guitar so it would be nice if I had more time to get ready.
app does not completely disable the mic input, and there’s no way to lower the meter on Input Gain, it’s greyed out and maxed. you can still hear background environment during playback with all input settings set to off. not an issue on ipad.
The first time I used loopy, it seemed limited. I just installed it again, routed it through Audiobus, messed with live sampling... honestly it’s great. It’ll take me a bit to master live looping, I use daw usually. Once I get the timing and overdub features, it’ll be great. I’m struggling to find a render out function though.
First of all it's a great app, but for some reason after update it started recording in low bit rate m4a instead of high quality aiff. It ruins experience! Can you please kindly return it back? I know that many people complained about this. Hope you can fix it with next update.
The interface is a little different then a hardware Looper, but it certainly makes visual sense, and you will learn it easily. I do wish there was the ability to make sections of loops to switch together, like ABC song structure
I was honestly very hopeful with this app after reading all of the revues but it's completely unusable on my iPad. There is a consistent 100 millisecond delay with about a 60 percent repeat (think robot voice) when you try to record. I've tried every thing that seem relevant to fix the issue but no luck. And I believe I paid $5 for it so that's a total drag.
I think I bought this the week it came out. Still haven't figured out how to do anything with it. Nothing is labeled. Very cryptic user interface, much like every Apple product, beautiful design and impossible to figure out. Jimmy Fallon can afford a Loopy tutor I suppose. Couldn't they take the time to write down instructions somewhere?
This app is perfect for putting together songs quickly and without much hassle. It's awesome to use with audiobus. That said there are 2 things I would love to see. The first is a way to label tracks / loops. And the other would be some kind of auto fade in fade out or volume envelope. Aside from those 2 things this app is a game changer in my opinion!
Thanks dude, whoever u are. This app smokes it for breakfast and chews back the biscuits all while scrambling eggs in time for the big porn show. Keep up the great work!
Any iOS musician will be delighted with this App! Incredibly intuitive and endlessly useful!
Different enough to inspire and produce the goods. Very clever and quick to create with. Audiobus compatibility nails this ad a top app. Do not hesitate.
Loopy HD is easily one of the best music apps on ios, it's easy to use, audiobus compatible and is reliable.