FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile gimbal
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
The applications FiLMiC Pro－Manual Video Camera was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2011-05-15 and
was developed by FiLMiC Inc.
The file size is 96.86 MB.
The current version is 6.9 and works well on
11.1 and high ios versions.
Support for the Movi Cinema Robot gimbal is here!
We heard you loud and clear: v6.9.0 of FiLMiC Pro includes support for the Movi Cinema Robot gimbal, offering unparalleled manual control for the ultimate tactile shooting experience.
— Pair FiLMiC Pro with your Movi under the Settings > Hardware menu.
— Once connected press the centre d-pad button to cycle through three modes: reticle - auto - and manual.
— In reticle and auto mode press left on the thumbwheel to lock/unlock exposure, and right to lock/unlock focus. Pressing up on the thumbwheel will lock/unlock both reticles concurrently.
— Press down on the d-pad to switch between rear and selfie cameras. Long press down on the d-pad to access additional lenses on dual lens iPhones (tele and zoom).
— Long press left on the d-pad in reticle and auto modes for manual exposure override; and long press right for manual focus override.
— Press the Action Trigger beneath record button on Movi to lock/unlock the roll motor.
— Long press the Action Trigger to reveal the Action Menu: this allows you to adjust your Movi response and window speeds directly from the gimbal; reassign the Action Trigger to ‘freeze’ mode; and quickly launch the library without having to tap the screen.
— For a full rundown on using the Movi Cinema Robot with FiLMiC Pro, make sure you check out the official tutorial on our YouTube channel.
— Miscellaneous fixes for stability and performance.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at [email protected]
First of all I use to love filmic pro on my note 9 But once I switched over to iPhone XS Max which is a way better phone I love it just hate the lack of support with this filmic pro app I paid for the app already And was going to pay 15 for the cinematographer kit which allows for log profile and flat profile shooting capabilities But some reason it won’t let me download it keeps saying ‘purchases can’t be completed’ Is there a way in the App Store I can buy this by itself instead of going thru the app support and it will automatically update everything when I open the app if so please help . Thanks I’ll redo my review once things change but for now 1 star
Come on guys! When will we see full integration with Movi cinema robot? The best video app for iPhone needs to be paired with the best gimbal. Can we make this happen? Soon?
For some reason, there is something going awfully wrong, between the iPhone X/XS and Filmic Pro. The company has said they know about it and have issued the fix for it. But, whatever the fix was, that they think was the problem, in no way fixed our problem. I have a 5 camera set up, using 2 iPhones. I use my iPhone 6 Plus, to remotely control both the 7 Plus and the XS Max. 7 Plus, no issues. XS Max, sometimes, it’ll last a full 2.5 hour shoot. Sometimes, it’ll last only a few minutes. And, sometimes, it’ll last a good 20-30 minutes. It’ll continue recording the audio, even though no video has been captured, once it freezes.
Love all the features except the lack of stabilization. When compared to the native iPhone camera app, the footage looks awful even with stabilization turned on. So doesn’t matter about all the features or spending extra money for log, when the footage is nearly ruined. I’ve stopped using the app because I’d rather have the stronger iPhone stabilization than the higher bit rate or what not. Waste of 25 bucks.
I locked the setting le part of the frame was exposed darker, like having a vertical mask in the middle- right of the frame. So weird!
Not thrilled that the log and flat profiles are another $15.
It’s a fantastic app with a lot of kool features. I use it all the time cause it’s just that raw!!!
I’m enjoying using this powerful app, do you have any new improvements for the filmic remote app??
I don’t no why this app doesn’t have five stars. You can really shoot a movie with this app.
Nothing but issues.