FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
• Temporal noise reduction up to 1080p resolution. †
(† Available with optional purchase for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus only)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile handheld motorized gimbal. Manually control focus/exposure/reticles/record from your DJI OSMO Mobile.
• COVR lens accessory
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
The applications FiLMiC Pro was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2011-05-15 and
was developed by FiLMiC Inc.
The file size is 136.90 MB.
The current version is 6.2 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
v6.2 is a maintenance update including some necessary fixes and optimizations in addition to the v6.1.1 update items below:
v6.1.1 is an important update for FiLMiC Pro v6:
- The functionality in the 'Cinematographer Kit' is now available as an optional purchase for customers using the iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, SE and iPad Pro 9.7. The team has worked hard to optimize the app to be able to bring these features to the earlier devices and we are pleased to announce that the work has completed and we are very happy with the performance of the new color and tone controls (including Log) on these devices.
- The app and quick start guides have been localized for eight languages in addition to English: Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified & Traditional Chinese, and Spanish. We have plans to roll out additional languages in subsequent updates.
- - - - - - -
If you are a fan of FiLMiC Pro and are pleased with our commitment to continual quality improvement and feature delivery, or have been pleased by the level of support you've received please consider leaving a review on the Apple App Store. Remember that reviews are reset with each update, so if you left a review in the past, please consider posting a review for the update.
The FiLMiC team is proud of our product and the support we provide our customers. If you have ANY issue at all with the app or a question that you have not found an answer to elsewhere, please contact us directly at [email protected]
I really love this app because he’s conveniently in my pocket and I don’t have to always carry my big Panasonic professional camera system with me I love the Shutter lock feature on this app. Great app for people on a budget. I just wish the stabilizer was a little better
Stuck with the app and I am glad I did, as it’s video quality is outstanding and I haven’t done a lot of manual changes. 1 wish is the ability to have a reset button when my experiments go off the rails
Still the best
This app is pure awesomeness!!! I highly recommend this to anyone who is into filmmaking!!!! Great job guys!!!
I'm a pro shooter who's frequently short on budget and personnel, and I've used Filmic on more shoots than I'm frankly willing to admit. Its feature set allows for pro-style features in your pocket and gives you the level of control necessary to squeeze the most out of your phone hardware. On location and short on memory? Filmic has your B-roll covered. Need interview shots inside a vehicle but there's no room? Filmic has you covered. Whether you're learning or you want to add some redundancy to your rig, Filmic has you covered.
DON'T USE FILMIC FOR ANYTHING IMPORTANT. I've used this app for almost two years now, and hoped the updates would solve the issues by now but sadly, it is still very unstable and unreliable. I have it on iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 Plus and the latest iPad Pro. Issues include: • Slow load time • Freezes when rotating device • Randomly unlocks ISO and Focus Locks • Delays when recording in 4k • Delays/freezes with "cinematography" settings, i.e. Log, Flat etc. • Delays, freezes, randomly rotates screen and crashes regularly when attempting in-app playback • Freezes/crashes when attempting to down-sample larger files • Remote function is essentially unusable
Hi! My name is Pavel. I use your app. Can you add to support zhiyun Smooth Q?(rec button)
Dev helped me solve my problem, this app is next level for filming, like a pocket DSLR.
If there was an option to give zero or negative ratings, I'd do that in a heartbeat. I upgraded for the cinematographer kit to be able to shoot with a flat profile. This app almost cost me hundreds of dollars in lost footage, glad it was supposed to be used as a C camera. The app is jittery, the settings automatically get messed up on a stationary phone that nobody touches after recording stars (going from 30 to 24 frames, shutter and WB changes, and then it just freezes... now I have a bunch of files that were supposed to be 6-7 minutes long, they're gone, file size 0kb... Force quit the all a couple of times, froze immediately after opening again, restart phone, erase everything I could with 150GB left on an iPhone 7 Plus.... Switch to non log mode, surprise surprise, it worked...but I already paid for the basic app, so he extra spent on the kit is a rip off... I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!!! Avoid this app as the plague!!!
更に調子こくと FILMIC proのリモートも同時に動かしたいのだけど。。無理かな。
@ryan_connolly I'm late to the party..but thanks for all of the filmic pro tutorials!!!! 🤘🤘
I love this app. Plenty has already been said in other reviews, but I'll just reiterate that it has top features you won't find in other apps, and the newest interface is so much more intuitive than the original. What really sets this app (or any app) apart from the competition is their fantastic support. When I needed assistance, their reply was lightning fast and their advice worked perfectly the first time. The quality of support can make or break a product, and in this case it takes an already awesome app to the next level. Thanks, y'all!
When I was trying to record video, it did not record any sound at all. (Including it did not record my voice as well)
Initially I had issues with a couple issues but tech support worked with me to find a resolution! They responded fast! I should have reached out to them sooner, glad I finally did. Great app! Thanks!
Just got the app and love all the features so far. Although I may have been mistaken by thinking it was also an editing app for already recorded files. I was interested In the aspect ratios it offered but only while filming with the app, not being able to apply it to already saved files like an iMovie or something ?
I literally went almost a year going back and forth on whether or not to buy this app. Would it be worth it? Etc. Long story short, it is. I use the adobe cc suite (including premiere pro) and in addition to Handbrake everything finally works like I wanted it to. Great job Filmic!
I had this app on my phone since the iPhone 4 and it's always been impressive. But the way this team has relentlessly, truly relentlessly insist on improving and servicing it, the App stays the most usable available in its class - and I've experimented! My fear is that they will find a way to become a subscription model. Hmm.
The power of this app can't be understated, particularly for the value and the absolutely terrific customer service (shout-out to Eliot). At the price, it's a steal. While some may quibble with the flexibility of a few of its more advanced tools, it's easy to forget that this is an app, not standalone software for a dedicated camera. Take a step back and you'll be impressed, if not bowled-over, by FiLMiC Pro. What it unlocks on your phone's camera is potential you may never have realized. A generous amount of storage (or the ability to quickly transfer large files to a Lightning->USB drive) is necessary to shoot video of the highest caliber--and a few pieces of equipment (a great lens adapter, a gimbal, a strong external mic), along with 'professional' editing software on your computer, enhance what you can do with the app (and each of these items play well with it--see FiLMiC's site for their take on what works). However, on its own, with no bells and whistles, you'll be stunned by what you can do--and what you've been missing--with your iPhone's camera.
Loving the app. So many great tools to dial in your video. Would recommend to anyone serious about capturing good video. My previous issue was determined to be user error and was very quickly handled by support.
...recording w options for higher quality audio—from an attached, standards compliant audio interface—was the whole reason I bought the app; it can't do that for me without freezing or crashing. iMovie is a little more friction to work with, but it actually works. Edit: I tried a few video programs, and had mixed up which was freemium, but this was the app that "won". Filmic was the most appealing combination of functional and quick to use; I am quite certain Filmic has been the app I've been using and having problems with. I have tried both the Apple USB Camera adapters with my SE, including the powered USB3; again, iMovie and the Camera app handle the setup just fine.
This app is hands down the best video app on the market. However, I would love to see a compatible version that would work with the DGI OSMO. Any indicators that this may be an option in the near future?