FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
• Temporal noise reduction up to 1080p resolution. †
(† Available with optional purchase for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus only)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile handheld motorized gimbal. Manually control focus/exposure/reticles/record from your DJI OSMO Mobile.
• COVR lens accessory
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
The applications FiLMiC Pro was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2011-05-15 and
was developed by FiLMiC Inc.
The file size is 120.16 MB.
The current version is 6.0.3 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
This is a maintenance update which includes a small collection of fixes to the v6 codebase.
The notable fix in this update is for the bug which affected CMS for some customers where a file naming conflict could result in a clip not being stored in the library.
- - - - - - -
If you are a fan of FiLMiC Pro and are pleased with our commitment to continual quality improvement and feature delivery, or have been pleased by the level of support you've received please consider leaving a review on the Apple App Store. Reminder - Reviews are reset with each update, so if you left a review in the past, please consider reposting a review for the update.
The FiLMiC team is proud of our product and the support we provide our customers. If you have ANY issue at all with the app or a question that you have not found an answer to elsewhere, please contact us directly at [email protected]
The app is really good giving manual controls to your phone cameras. However when on the 4K 100MB setting the Log mode lags and the app keeps crashing. Please fix this issue
Even if it uses the smartphone camera and built in sensor for the filming, I've not seen an app where you get the chance to further customize settings for it. Though the Camera app makes for easy click-and-go, FILMIC PRO really let's me take great video with just a tap on my smartphone for the moments I want to capture.
I picked up the largest iPhone memory size, with best camera on the market, specifically to use with this app. The intuitive and useful controls for exposure and focus are ESSENTIAL for any hobby-through-pro filmmaker.
Video playback controls not present when playing in portrait mode, bringing up control center exits the playback however Appreciate ya
I picked this up a few years back when it was on a free promotion, and I have never looked back. As a working professional, I appreciate this app has always kept on the cutting edge of what is possible with each new phone. Filming in 4K, a variety of aspect ratios and framerates, I often use footage shot on the phone and no one knows any better. Not to mention compatibility with a healthy variety of hardware designed for the iPhone. Wonderful app. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
I am a film maker and I love this app !
If you're planning on shooting video for anything important, move along. This app has a notorious habit of not actually saving the video you shoot with it. Kind of useless if you're a filmmaker. While it has great features for capturing great images, it lacks the fundamental ability to reliably save those images. Three strikes, you're out.
The Best,Buy it and you will see 😁
👍🏼best video recording app ever.
Iphone 7 plus. Hasn't worked for months. Now update just black screen with overlay. No camera.
I liked a @YouTube video FiLMiC Pro V6 Jump Start Guide - Learn to Master FiLMiC Pro Tutorial
Sana pala filmic pro nalang ginamit ko pang-record ng vid, hindi tuloy naka moondog anamorphic yung mga videos 😌
i need to test filmic pro, i'm really into this
Filmic should make a filmic editor app like iMovie but more superior, considering that iMovie is a great app, there just isn't enough
Best app for recording videos
I saw that a few people have seen crashing and I did too. Like another review mentioned I deleted the app and reinstalled it and now it works great! Not just great. This is stupendous. I never get to use that word and "awesome" just wouldn't cut it. So there you have it: stupendous! Honestly though the fine control of ISO/shutter and focus at the same time with assist tools is just incredible. This app has a better interface than any pro camera out there and I'm going to have a great time getting my cinematic on. #mobilefilmmaker
The manual controls really are amazing. They let you shoot as if your hand was on the barrel of the lens, and the zebra stripes / focus peaking make it totally usable.
Want to buy cinematographer kit but don't know where to, awesome app!
This latest version is the closest thing to a semi-pro camcorder I've ever used. Love the zebra, redesigned manual focus and exposure and flat color profile. The LOG profile needs a bit of work, but it's definitely a move in the right direction.
Filmic Pro puts an astonishing array of sophisticated video shooting tools at your fingertips, buy they're so easy to use and cleverly tucked away, you never feel overwhelmed. No clutter. No long learning curve. Just endless settings when and where you need them. Brilliant!
Brilliant interface and useful tools produce fantastic results. However, the iPhone 7 Plus overheats, even when the app is standing by. Hopefully a fix is coming for this. Overall, I've recommended Filmic Pro and will continue to do so.
I can't find the menu to access the gamma codes. I'm trying to shootog but every time I tap the icon on the bottom left, I don't get the option to. I only get the WB table.
What can I say this is an amazing app that puts incredible control into your hands. The log feature recently added is a game changer for me and what I use my iPhone for.