Tried. Tested. Proven. Rated the top mobile language learning app by Macworld, Rosetta Stone is the award-winning program used by millions of people every day. No flashcards, textbooks, or boring memorization - a few minutes a day is all you need!
Download the app and try the first lesson free (other lessons available upon full purchase of the product).
• “If you’re serious about learning a language, Rosetta Stone is well worth your money.”- Macworld, July 27, 2016.
• “The gold standard.” – CNN
• “Rosetta Stone may be the next best thing to living in a country.” – The Wall Street Journal
• “The approach to learning languages works.” – TechCrunch
• 2017 Platinum Award for Best Educational App by the Best Mobile App Awards
• 2017 Best Productivity & Utilities App by Mobile UX Awards
• 2016 PCMag Editors Choice
• 2015 Tabby Awards Education & Reference winner
We teach you a new language the way you learned your first: through total immersion. You’ll enjoy fun, interactive lessons that leverage pictures, text, sound, and real-time scenarios to teach you a new language in a way that really sticks.
• Learn core language skills: speaking, reading, and listening.
• Practical training: Learn to think and speak on your feet with lessons based on everyday scenarios.
• Accent coaching: Our speech recognition technology listens to your pronunciation and helps you correct it, helping you speak more authentically.
• Automatic syncing: Continue your language lesson right where you left off from any of your iOS devices: desktop, tablet, and mobile.
• Offline capability: No Internet, no problem. Download lessons to use offline for on-the-go training (Not available for Enterprise and Education learners).
• Phrasebook: Always know what to say with easy-to-access greetings, phrases, useful expressions and more - perfect for traveling!
• Audio Companion: Conveniently listen and learn offline with downloadable audio lessons.
• Stories: Dive into the world of literature and pick up new vocabulary by reading stories as they were meant to be read - in their original language.
CHOOSE FROM THESE LANGUAGES:
• Spanish (Latin America), English (American), French, Italian
• German, Spanish (Spain), English (Britain), Chinese (Mandarin)
• Arabic, Dutch, Filipino (Tagalog), Greek
• Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Japanese
• Korean, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil)
• Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
EDUCATION, ENTERPRISE, AND PAID SUBSCRIBERS:
Unlimited use of Rosetta Stone's mobile app is available for current paid subscribers and existing Education or Enterprise users.
KEEP UP WITH ROSETTA STONE:
For product updates, offers, and the latest from Rosetta Stone, including language learning tips, news, fun, and more, follow us on:
For questions or assistance, please visit http://support.rosettastone.com/en
The applications Rosetta Stone was published
in the category Education on 2011-06-02 and
was developed by Rosetta Stone, Ltd..
The file size is 192.58 MB.
The current version is 4.6.1 and works well on
9.3 and high ios versions.
• Bug fixes
With the Rosetta Stone app, I can learn a new language with relative ease! It gives me core lessons and pronunciation skills that are fun and informative. It’s like having a language teacher in the palm of my hands. This app helps me remember everything I’ve learned and apply my new language skills in real life.
The app is super buggy and not helpful at all! I deleted it within the few minutes I got it because I wasn’t learning anything! If I could give zero stars I would, absolutely awful app. Would not recommend to people who are beginners or even people who know some of the language they are learning.
Rosetta Stone is much improved since we can now use Bluetooth technology with the app. Love to use in my spare time.
This works so well I learned about 20 words in Spanish in 5 minutes
I am learning French and it makes it so easy to learn it
I am learning French in this app forces you to pay attention to the details of the picture in order to get the correct answer. I do wish sometimes they would go over what new words they are using and their meaning therefore I would better have a good understanding of what answer I need to choose but other than that this app is great for people trying to learn a new language. I use this app along with Duolingo and they work hand-in-hand.
This app is so wonderful! It’s so helpful and has great methods! If you want to learn a language, get this app today!
I took Italian at UC Berkeley. A novice will have a hard time if there is not a conjugate list proved to explain things. People will forget when and how to make things plural for masculine and feminine people.
Good forward content with easy Interface. I also like the flow of it and visit one subject then goes back to it in different point of view help you learn Deeper.
Hi Rosetta Stone is a great app for learning new languages. It heals me learn Italian and French.
Apart from the writing of Chinese characters, this has been really helpful for my Chinese. The app works even better than the PC version. It does spoon-feed you though; grammar is taught implicitly by using the vocabulary repeatedly over time
Works perfectly fine on my iPhone 6. I like it better than the website except when you review a question you have to complete the entire activity unless you quit the app.
Great learning tool but doesn't work on wifi or 4g on iPad... Have to download each lessons and work offline... pretty annoying and no answers from support on how to fix it...
Too bad it costs so much though.
Having used the desktop Rosetta Stone some years ago, I knew what to expect. This IOS version is just as good a tool as the desktop versions. Opinions vary on how effective it is for learning — but I do appreciate that the app encourages speech, and does an okay job at speech recognition. Problems with the app are with the monetisation. I have purchased my language – no small fee – Rosetta Stone has always been expensive. However, the app still relentlessly asks my to "buy your language". If you have notifications allowed it will spam your iDevice regularly with messages begging you to purchase something. Even after purchasing your language of choice the app will still keep asking you to buy the very thing you have already purchased. It's just really annoying. Apart from that, Rosetta Stone is a fine tool. It won't teach you a language by itself, but when used as a revision tool, it's quite fun.
Works well as an app and teaching guide.
I’m preparing to travel to El Salvador and want to speak and understand the locals. Thank you for your help!
I love the speech recognition. Makes it much easier to tell if your saying it right.
A fun way to learn a new language.
I purchased the Rosetta Stone digital download package and was given a 3 month free subscription to the app. The entire time the app was glitchy. Sometimes the sound wouldn’t play right, sometimes it seemed the microphone was not working and sometimes the app would just close on me. At the end of the 3 months I have to pay 199.99 for a product I have already paid for? And for a glitchy app at that? The only thing the app offers that the downloaded version doesn’t is the ability to go back and only correct the questions you got wrong. That and convenience. In my opinion the download was both cheaper and more reliable. The app is not worth the high price tag.
I like it very much, but 4 star because after some courses you must buy it... :( its too bad for me
I'm trying the free version of Hebrew right now. After my second lesson it's starting to sink in although I wish there was a way to pause and the screen stays up so I can read. Right now when I pause it stops the lesson. There's times when I want to actually read the Hebrew. Anyway I like it so far
This is an awesome that’s helping me to learn Spanish. It will help on my job and with my kids.
Great program for those who wish to learn another language
I’ve been using this app every day for >6 months and it has some issues. - Many of the items are very small on the phone. That means they’re hard to read, see, or touch. The layout is clearly designed for larger screens. - The app often “forgets” my progress. A lesson I completed yesterday will report that half of the items are unseen. When I continue the lesson, it asks if I want to redo a screen. If I select no, it suddenly remembers that I’ve completed them all and closes the lesson. - Because progress is forgotten, the “next lesson” button doesn’t work very well. - Voice recognition almost always fails on the first attempt. - Switching between languages requires ~7 taps. Quite a bit of effort.