MilGPS is an MGRS/USNG focused premium navigation tool trusted by soldiers, search and rescue personnel and other professional navigators around the world. View your current location and navigate to a waypoint in seconds. Or plan and organize your navigation using the powerful and intuitive mapping and overlay capabilities.
Display your current location in real time
- Cell phone signal not required but will make location fixes faster (maps require a data connection)
- Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) & United States National Grid (USNG) (4, 6 8 10 figure grid references supported)
- Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)
- Latitude/Longitude (degrees, degrees and minutes, degrees minutes seconds supported)
- Ordnance Survey National Grid (grid and easting/northing in metres)
- Military date time groups for local/zulu time
- All info is displayed in large, clear text for easy viewing at all times
- Location and navigate screens are fully customisable - choose what info you want to see
- Wide variety of datums supported including WGS84, NAD27, OSGB36, AGD66, ED50
- Define up to 3 combinations of datum and location format for location display and waypoint entry
Create and navigate to waypoints
- Unlimited waypoints (upper limit dependent on device storage and memory)
- Enter waypoints from current location, map or using any of the above supported location formats.
- Live update of distance/bearing as you enter coordinates (sanity check your grids)
- Waypoints are fully editable, and can be sorted by distance or name
- "Quick goto" feature for quickly entering grids and navigating to them - accepts shortened MGRS grids.
- Receive an arrival indication as you approach your waypoint
- Import and export waypoints via the standard GPX file format (routes and tracks not currently supported)
- View current location and waypoints on map, complete with custom smooth scrolling grid overlay (MGRS/USNG/OSNG/UTM)
- Choice of Apple or Google maps.
- Use the crosshairs to position new waypoints and measure distances/bearings
- Choose from standard/satellite/hybrid/blank map type
- Grid overlay with labels for grid zones, 100km, 10km, 1km, 100m squares
- Map can be set to follow your current location and/or heading.
- Simple, intuitive interface that can be operated easily with one hand.
- Convert between location formats easily using the add waypoint screen
- Supports degrees/mils for angle, with choice of true, magnetic or grid north reference.
- Supports feet/metres for altitude
- Supports imperial/metric/nautical units for distance
Why choose MilGPS over other apps?
- MilGPS is under active development and testing (since 2010)
- MilGPS is painstakingly crafted by an independent developer
- MilGPS emphasises accuracy, simplicity, ease of use and stability
Things that aren't in the app (yet):
- track recording
- offline maps
- ability to create routes of multiple waypoints
- mapping sources other than Apple and Google maps
NOTE: Mapping function requires a data connection. Using GPS will shorten battery life.
YOUR USE OF MILGPS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
MilGPS is an aid to navigation only and is intended to be used in conjunction with other navigation methods and tools.
MilGPS must not be used where relying on MilGPS could result in death, injury or financial loss. This includes use on military operations, live-firing activities, aviation and surveying use.
MilGPS is not tested to military specifications and is not endorsed by the military of any nation. MilGPS is not a substitute for military issue equipment.
Your use of MilGPS is governed by the standard App Store Licensed Application End User License Agreement.
The applications MilGPS - MGRS & USNG Grid GPS for Land Navigation was published
in the category Navigation on 2010-12-01 and
was developed by Cascode Labs Pty Ltd.
The file size is 42.21 MB.
The current version is 6.2.0 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
- Under the hood upgrades and enhancements.
- Added analytics on an opt-in basis. Please consider enabling analytics, the information collected will be used to improve the app.
- Bug fixes.
I hunt all over Texas. This GPS has never let me down and has gotten me back to my truck from seriously treacherous hikes. It's marked my best hunting spots and my favorite wildlife photography areas. Top Notch!
Literally the best app. I have used it in different countries and this app is amazing. When it gets signal it downloads the map and when you have no signal you can still use the GPS feature. Life saver and amazing app. Worth every penny. Please add the ability to use it with Apple Watch.
This app works great. I'm a F-16 FAC(A) and use this app for work. We practice urban CAS for training and this app is exactly what I needed to build my 9 Lines when I was driving around the city playing a JTAC trying to build 9 Lines. Great work!
I'm using the app for planning for a training event, couldn't be more impressed.
Hands down best app for military purposes. It would be awesome if this could have iwatch app capability IOT have access right there on your wrist.
I use this app professionally to plan my patrol routes. It is fantastic. I really wish Cascode Labs would create a Desktop Version. I would buy it in a heart beat!
I've used several other GPS apps, and the functionality and straightforward design of MilGPS is hands-down the best I've found. I use the app to mark waypoints at places my girlfriend and I have taken the kids, explored, etc. I'd like to know, however, is there a way to export waypoints/overlays to other mapping applications? I'd like to be able to share this information or view it on another application, like Google Earth Pro, for example. I'd even settle for a spreadsheet or tab-separated file.
Great App, use it for work and when I go hunting. Well worth the purchase. Future upgrade or update should be able to print from app. Great tool well worth it, have never had a problem with it and I have recommended to many people and they all love it as well.
Amazing app love the references and distance marking and altitudes. Wish it could synchronize with other phones to show people on the map for hiking
I'm a geotechnical engineer. I use this for work to locate points from kml files, or even to create my own kml files (I use an online converting tool to go between the gpx format the app uses and the kml format of google earth). I do a lot of field work, and spend a lot of time trying to find stuff: equipment, buried instrumentation, test hole locations, that gate I have the combination for in that annoying 100 mile long fence, etc. Needle in a haystack type stuff. This app is a game changer. Has made my job so much easier. People at work ask me about it all the time.
サバゲだけでなくアウトドア全般に。 ミルスペックという言葉が 大きな男の子（大人）の心をくすぐる。 オーバースペック？ 気にしてたら中二病は謳歌できません（笑） MilGPS
かなり本格的なGPSアプリ MilGPS #サバゲー や #トレッキング に使うならこちらもオススメ Tactical NAV
Never wrong, multiple uses.
This app is 100% worth the price tag. I'm in the military, I'm a medic with a light artillery unit. When we jump locations to a new firing point the first thing I need to do is establish an HLZ in case we need medevac. I have a Garmin Foretrex 401 that I can use for this purpose but it cost $170.00. For 10.00 this does the exact same thing and it has maps like a regular, handheld gps that would cost over $200.00. The only reason I use the Garmin is to preserve the battery on my phone and because a wrist mounted gps is more convenient when you need both hands while navigating or working on patients. This app turns your phone into a handheld gps for $10.00 and you can't beat that price.
The best and cleanest gps app available currently.
Good app. Surprising uses in many wilderness situations. Used with a gps enhancement markers for greater accuracy. Looking forward to new additions to the product which will speed its use in the field.
As an Infantryman this app makes taking Land NAV to a whole new level!
This is a great app if they extended to the Apple Watch too. It doesn't work in different countries some place they don't have the layout but still tell you the grind and all. Great App but please make it so we can use it on the Apple Watch
I love the app and won't trade it for another phone based tool but I have 2 criticisms. Maybe I missed a feature but I don't see a way to track my route/path as I explore. Dropping way points manually is not convenient. The other gripe is not having offline maps available. I use the app when a data connection is not available. Cached maps are not sufficient for my needs.
Can you please allow the app the ability to rotate the screen when I turn my phone sideways? Thanks!