Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Orlando Sentinel's exclusive, in-depth local reporting on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Orlando's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, orlandosentinel.com, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to orlandosentinel.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 407-513-4055.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at [email protected] A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
The applications Orlando Sentinel was published
in the category News on 2010-11-17 and
was developed by Tribune Interactive.
The file size is 58.54 MB.
The current version is 4.8 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
After signing up for subscription last week, each time I try to access the Sentinel receive message used up articles. I go through the time wasting check subscription process with reply I am a subscriber. Beautiful Sentinel and Apple-amazing technology! Also a beautiful thing you must rate app before sending comments-Where are the minus 5 stars that is my rating
Tribune and Tronc apps are almost universally bad, but this has to be the worst of the worst. It is full of bugs, takes forever to open and then freezes repeatedly. Almost as bad is the fact that the Sentinel is terrible at updating it. The lead story could be at the top for 36 hours, regardless of what is going on. Newer stories are sprinkled haphazardly throughout the page with no rhyme or reason. Looking for the "latest" news is useless. And big stories that are in the print edition or the digital print edition are hard to find, if they're in the app at all. I keep hoping Tronc will be taken over by another media company, just so this tragic app would be replaced.
After updating, I realize that there is now a limit for reading anything. There used to be a little flag in the corner of the article indicating it was a premium story. I thought that was bad but stuck with it. Now there is no indication and after 20 minutes of reading I have hit my monthly limit. I could understand if there were no ads, but that is not the case. There are many places to get the news daily whether local or national that treat user better. I would definitely NOT recommend this app. I actually hope that I don't even have to rate it one star for it to count. UPDATE: I did have to rate it at least one star to review. Also, since then they have changed it from 20 stories per month to 10. UPDATE 7-11-17 They have lowered it now to 5 stories per month. Still the same amount of advertisements. All I do is delete the app and redownload and keep reading. I'm sure this is to increase the download numbers and then charge more for advertising. If they would just stop with the games this might have a better rating.
They have reduced the number of free stories a month from 10 to 5.
Waste of application space as they've gradually reduced the number of free articles per month even with ads! Can get local news from so many outlets, nothing special enough to warrant a subscription...so time to say goodbye from my devices.
This app is sad, you get 10 article reads per month, then it becomes useless. The irony however is that a quick google search and you can read the article on safari for free! It makes the app rather pointless. Just open it up and let the ads pay for the content Orlando Sentinel...
Update: I've changed my rating to reflect a more optimistic outlook as the glitch seems to have been corrected today. I cancelled my subscription yesterday, which still leaves me almost a month to use it. This should give me enough time to work with it and decide if I want to renew. ***************** I wish I hadn't wasted almost $8 on this stupid app that can't even open the link I click. Still can't get it right OS? After all these years? Don't waste your money. It's the worst.
I really enjoy this app I get all of my national and vacation news they have good coverage.
I thought I would be able to read the paper by paying for a subscription in this app. Well, I can't. It only allows access to the website. If I wanted to search for my news I could do that in my browser with better results. I tried to search for an article in today's paper and the search returned a list of videos several years old. Worthless. Why do I have to pay for a physical paper delivered to my home. Then I am able to read the paper electronically and the physical version just goes into recycling. It is such a waste I refuse to do it.
Sort of ridiculous to pay $4.99 for access to DigitalPlus stories. Just Google the headline and read it for free on the mobile version site. Otherwise, for the most part the app is an improvement from previous versions.
To many Pizza Hut ads. Charging now, really!!!!! Same content is free elsewhere.
Would be great if it didn't occupy 500MB memory on the phone.
Was my go to app for news because I live in Orlando. Now they want $4.99 a month to read certain articles. I wonder if they even realize you can just google the article and read the exact story on line they blocked it on the app ? So not getting anything extra !!! Just saves a few extra steps to read it !!! Along with annoying ads that pop up and stay for about 4 seconds each. Ok with the ads. Charging to read articles ???? No other news app does that. So I will use those and anyone who asks about the Sentinal app will be warned. Not good business. I hope they re evaluate this decision.
The articles are horribly written and completely biased. If you want unbiased reporting, go somewhere else for your news. The new app is the worst thing available in the App Store. Delete.
You need to pay to read most stories since the update. Other media outlets for Orlando have completely free apps.
Have been unable to access for several days. Many articles are now unavailable unless you have a paid subscription. Forwarded articles cannot be opened.
Stopped running 3 days ago.
Wow crashed on first try. Now I have to pay for content? Uh no this isn't the New York Times. I'll gather my news from other places. Good luck with this.
This has to be the worst app that has ever been published. I suppose they want money over than any quality application now, it just used to be bad now is unusable. This program will run a few times and then, if you want to use it, it has to be deleted and downloaded again. The only reason that I stuck with it for a little while is that I paid for a subscription but now that the subscription is over, I'm done with this piece of crap! I'm trying to leave it NO STARS but I don't know if that will work, I might be forced to leave it one star. It doesn't even deserve that though... THIS IS A SAD PATHETIC, UNUSABLE APP, DO NOT DOWNLOAD!