Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Hartford Courant's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Connecticut's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, courant.com, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to dailypress.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 860-785-4888.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at [email protected] A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
The applications Hartford Courant was published
in the category News on 2010-10-07 and
was developed by Tribune Interactive.
The file size is 60.44 MB.
The current version is 4.8 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Overall nice job. When going from article to article however, sometimes the wrong picture loads for a story.
Very Inconsistent and Extremely Horrible Customer Service Technicians in Foreign Country
If you want to see the actual newspaper, you still have to go through your browser! This app is a waste of space!
Could be visibly more appealing.
I have or supposedly have 7 day digital access but the paper isn't at all the same as the print version. At times I get a message that I have read one out of five allowed (free access) articles yet my bill says I have unlimited access tithe digital Courant. It's not always easy to navigate, I find myself unable to read the entire article when I can't find where the continued part is. Maybe a good would help but it isn't the same as reading from the paper.
I dont understand the bad reviews of the Courant - Im a regular reader and subscriber and enjoy the coverage of both national and local news - the app layout isn't quite as intuitive as some other news apps but far from the worst and it lets me stay updated with all the topics I follow. Push notifications lag behind Times and Post for instance on national news, but can't get any better source for state and local. If you live in CT this is definitely the way to go (as long as you have a subscription). Stay informed and think critically as with all news sources!
Only real newspaper in CT. WITH A VIEW OF THE WORLD. LIKE THE JOURNALISTS,PARTICULARLY JACOBS IN THE SPORT SECTION.
Rely on it regularly. Get all the news quickly. Easy to scroll through. Thanks, Courant.
They got worse!! Changed to 5 stories free for a month. Same news everywhere else for free and they want to charge for horribly written stories and biased commentary and writings. Pitiful! Deleted! I do not normally write reviews however this I felt warranted. The stories are generally quick but informative but subscription based? The Courant's content is minimal! Laced with both grammatical and spelling errors. When I click a story I expect content not a short sentence or 2 to follow up the lead in then nothing! The NY Times I would pay- The stories are thought provoking and well written and worthy of my money.
I receive both the paper and digital editions of the Courant. I find it difficult to read today's stories on the digital editions and separate them from previous days. There should be a filter to select the stories from a particular day. I would also like the app for the iPad to include a feature on which appears on the website showing a digitized version of the day's paper using the same layout. This way when a friend recommends that you read a story on the first page of the local section you can find it easily. Finally, a newspaper is not a newspaper without comics (sorry NYT and WSJ). Why can't I read comics in the digital edition?
@SeanScanlonCT: Glad to see both sides came together overnight to end this dispute but it doesn't change the negative impact this had on…
@hartfordcourant: Hartford police probe two violent downtown robberies
It looks nice. But the point of a newspaper is to actually read some news and that's where the Courant app fails, or rather, crashes. Most days, I can get through the opening paragraph before getting dumped. Then I restart the app, reread the first paragraph, and get dumped again. Here, I've skipped a space, just to remind myself of what an actual second paragraph looks like. There are lots of good newspaper Apps out there. The Courant team ought to take a look at some of them. In the meantime, I have to read that first paragraph of the Uconn basketball article again.
This is a far better than the previous app. But, where's the search function? And I think it would be great if you could integrate CTNOW into this app as well. That being said—it looks sharp, it feels great (like it was made for the iPad) and I really like the follow feature. And do we finally have the whole Courant?
This version is flashier than the earlier one, and the presentation of articles is more tightly integrated with the web version of the paper than before. Its use of photography to identify article resembles the long-standing look and feel of the AP news app. I do like both the ability to save articles for later and also the ability to specify topics, such as "UConn Huskies,” that one wants to follow. I do think the previous app looked more like a newspaper. The new photo spread looks cluttered and provides less information than the opening paragraph format of the previous version (which was not devoid of photos). I suppose that’s purely a matter of aesthetics (one person’s 4 stars may be another’s 5 stars).
Content aside, I take exception with any app that automatically redirects me to the App Store.
Why the fu*k does this constantly open the App Store? Total bull
Keeps sending me to the app store every time I open an article. Extremely annoying.
This app is terrible. The articles aren't kept up to date, the ads are huge, and now, it automatically sends you to the App Store to some random game page whenever you try to open the app or a new article! Just awful. Definitely removing this app and finding my news elsewhere!
As hard as it is to believe, this app is even worse than the worthless paper. When you click on a story it auto opens the App Store to some worthless app. Is there anyone at the courant that knows how to do anything? The HC will not make it another five years let alone another 250.
Every time you start to look at an article, the app automatically jumps to the App Store page for whatever app is being advertised. Incredibly annoying.
It's always behind on the news and now it opens the App Store immediately for you to download a game that's advertised on the Courant. That's just going to drive away users