Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
The applications Notability was published
in the category Productivity on 2010-04-01 and
was developed by Ginger Labs.
The file size is 116.57 MB.
The current version is 6.5.2 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
*** What's New in 6.5.2 ***
* Notes can now be shared via Messages
* Bug fix: Fixed a crash when opening specific notes
* Bug fix: Made it as easy to rotate/scale handwriting as it was in previous versions
* Bug fix: When searching for notes, Notability now properly highlights the search term
* Bug fix: When importing documents from other apps, Notability now properly displays import status and lets users pick which subject the document should be placed in
* Bug fix: Notability could add vertical lines of handwriting to notes unexpectedly
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
This is THE go to app for note taking and document storing. I absolutely love Notability but for one thing....it does not let you TAG documents. For me, tagging is important in that it allows me to find documents quickly. Please, please developers, add TAGS for documents and this will allow me to change this review to a five star!
The handwriting algorithm implementation is far inferior to the app I've BEEN using ( Wacom Bamboo Paper ) prior to finally dishing out $9.99 for this app. Using this doesn't feel nearly as precise as Bamboo Paper. Also, basic shape recognition, should be an intrinsic feature of a PDF editing app. Lastly, the subjects are not unique to dividers. The implementation doesn't allow same subject name per divider. As if Calculus and Physics couldn't possibly each have a Chapter 11. 🙄 Other than that, the other tools and features available in this app are of tremendous value. Though I am looking forward to using this next semester, I do hope they improve the aforementioned detriments soon!!!
ok so I like drawing on this app and it would be better if you guys added layers if you don't add layers im going to boycott your headquarters and make you add layers
This app was working great until I downloaded the latest update—and upon reading other people's comments, it looks like I'm not the only one with the same issue. Notability now crashes or will kick me out every 10 mins, on average. It wasn't like this before the update. Why make it worse?? Also, it won't search keywords as it used to. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. Pretty annoying. Please, fix this ASAP.
The BEST update for notability YET! So smooth writing with the Apple Pencil 👌🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 the ONLY thing that is missing is a different way to undo. If you guys put a "two finger tap" in to undo that would be absolutely amazing! 👌🏻 It also needs an actual pencil texture! That would be amazing!
I absolutely LOVE notability, it helps me so much at school. I use it for at least half my classes every day. It is slightly pricy but worth it. Sadly tho, over these last few weeks, notability has had some major glitches and issues that I don't even know what it does but my notes disappear. I hope the developers see this, cause I lost half of a World Geography study guide to a glitch, as well as lots of smaller text box issues. But all in all, if you take notes on an iPad regularly, you should buy this app
No bookmarks when loading PDF!!!!
The screen keeps moving when I use my Apple Pencil and it messes my writing. Somtimes I try to write with my apple pencil and nothing comes out, it's like the app doesn't recognize it and I have to exit and restart the app so it can works again. I'm starting to hate this app. Also it would be great to move the magnifying glass symbol with the other symbols on top of the page because I right-handed and everytime I unconsciously press the bottom right corner when writting, the zoom activates. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Does not work!
I simply love notability... however, there's an issue that I keep facing that ruins the experience for me.. When I have the Text tool selected and I highlight two different but close sentences, then I try changing the color of one, it almost ALWAYS chooses the other, bigger, highlight to change. Even after I clearly press on the correct sentence using my Apple Pencil. Please fix this asap it is getting very irritating. The only get around I have for this at the moment is zooming really hard on the sentence I need to change the color of then choosing it
Many teachers supply course materials online. This allows you to store all documents by class, take notes on top of the slides, and record the lecture with an intuitive user interface. I really like the communication to email, google drive, Dropbox etc. so that notes can be accessed and stored without taking up space on the device. This is an app that is constantly improving, and hasn't show any signs of becoming stagnant or outdated. I highly recommend this app over any other note taking app I've used.
I would give this app 5 stars if when the notes were uploaded the lines would go along with the documents. When I import a file from drop box all the lines are gone and it becomes less organized for me.
It is very hard use for writing since it only has a limited amount of fonts and sizes, horrible user interface, and it will delete your work sometimes and you will never see it again. And don't go thinking you'll be able to find it on google drive, because it won't be there. Overall if you want to draw, get a drawing app, if you want to write, get word, don't settle for this peice of crap Randomly restarts and shuts down app deleting your work Has a lot of space used for no apparent reason.
I absolutely love this app, best one of several I have used, I use this for everything!! I love the paper options, I keep mine on grid like for engineering homework. I love how it used the cloud, once I am done with a homework, I then go to my Mac app and print it, super easy to use... Thoughts about updates? I think it would be pretty cool if there was a "library" or "clipboard" that you can save some stuff to. What I mean by this, is a select folder, maybe an icon on the screen where you can see and use saved Noteability items. For example, I create lots of graphs, and it would be very beneficial if I had my custom "library" of inserted shapes, so that way I can copy a Templete of a graph that I have made, and can just insert it whenever I need a graph, which is a lot.
The app is half baked - deleted all my notes from 4 years when I tried to sync between my iPad and iPhone. Now I have only PDFs that are static. Going to import them into another app, I'm done with Notability.
I absolutely love this app & use it daily for note taking, book reading, making to-do list,...
1.The lack of Adding new slide by taking Photo which is very Useful and makes Goodnote better **If developer could add this function, this apps will much more perfect 2.It can not search the written words like other apps -However,Notability is still better than others in the viewing mode because it has vertical view. But it would be very perfect if it can read by both vertical and horizontal view. - The developers are very helpful.
Just regular updates and a widget please .. overall this app is amazing
I've used this app since it was first released for both work and personal projects. I've tried nearly all of their competitors and always come back to Notability. I use it for my bullet journal. I use to read and review PDF's for work. I use it for school. I use to help my kids with their homework. Apple should include this app in its baseline.
Absolutely love this app. It makes taking notes in college extremely easy and organized. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in rolled in either high school or college classes.