Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
The applications Notability was published
in the category Productivity on 2010-04-01 and
was developed by Ginger Labs.
The file size is 230.58 MB.
The current version is 9.0.1 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
***Bug fixes in 9.0.1***
• Fixed a potential crash when inserting images
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and stability improvements
***What’s new in Notability 9.0***
This is an exciting update for Notability! We’ve added powerful new features: Shapes, Partial Eraser, and improved image control.
• Draw a shape, hold the stroke for a moment, then watch as it snaps perfectly into place!
• Shapes can be styled and manipulated like regular handwriting.
• Create circles, ellipses, triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and irregular shapes.
• Precisely erase any ink in a variety of eraser sizes, including shapes!
• Partial erase supports both freehand erasing and perfect shape erasing.
• Once a stroke is separated, it behaves exactly like regular handwriting.
• Rotate and crop images easily with a new, streamlined interface.
• New Dot Paper in four sizes.
By far the best note taking app. If they added a calculator you could use while writing (while doing HW) this app would be even better.
Need tags to easily lookup/search for notes
Best thing since slice bread
The app is just top notch. It’s features and importance Can never be over emphasized, ,! Must have for ever “high grade aimer”
It’s a great app, but I really wish you could share notes like docs and have people work on a note at the same time.
Love the audio and playback while writing feature, I use Notability for my main college note taking app. I can’t wait for more exciting and new features.
I can’t seem to draw/write anything on the images that I insert to my notes anymore since the update. The image would keep sliding away whenever I try to write on them. Please help to fix this because it greatly hinders the note-taking process.
When searching for a note-taking app, I was pointed to Notability and Evernote. There are a few key features in notability that really drove my decision to make the purchase which was the ability to draw, highlight, import images, grid lines, converting writing to text, and the different colored background feature. Notability was a perfect fit for me as a college student and business owner. It does an amazing job at every note taking task I have!
I love notability for an app that I use every single day to take notes record ideas illustrate concepts and drawings for my different businesses and even create some pretty cool multimedia pieces blending photos hand written text drawings telestrations and illustrations. My 10-year-old son has adapted needs for his hands making find motor skills like riding in small print with pens or pencils extra challenging form and certainly super time-consuming, so notability allows us to import his homework assignments as PDFs and let him write directly on it with his finger so the writing is neat and sized perfectly.
Whenever I try to use a sticky it always glitches me out and I can’t select it after I typed in it. Sometimes it even deletes my notes!
You shouldn’t get it costs too much and isn’t worth the price. Hey use something that is free!
After partial erase option, this application does all what a user wants.
Everyone needs this app to take notes in class, it’s literally amazing! I use this app for uni and its awesome, I can record the lecturer speaking and take notes at the same time and can play back the recording and it also plays back my note taking in real time, so handy! You can take pictures and paste them into your notes, highlight, and make your writing colourful, and you can go back and edit notes at any time. I use an apple pen because I prefer handwriting, but you can also type notes in as well, or even change your handwriting into text (as long as you don’t write like a Doctor...:) another awesome feature is that you can export your notes into say PDF, or another program and look at your notes on your laptop! I just checked the updates and oh my goodness they’ve made it even better! Rotating a picture and showing page margins... yessss. Buy it, it’s totally worth it! It’s a game changer! Thank you to the developers who made this app! :) :)
New update with better photo cropping feature, eraser partial or full option is great, also adding your own colours is a really cool idea. I use this daily to take notes and its so good! Would recommend this totally! Love how the notes sync directly to my google drive too so i can access my notes anywhere. Would like to see more organising options (like in EndNote) where you can open one big file with some mini folders each having notes. Also, if we could be given the option to design a template for our pages would be super cool! Am I asking for too much? Haha Love the app!!
Notability is my most used app. I regularly generate PDFs on the Mac and annotate them on the iPad. I also write longhand on the iPad convert it to text and edit on the Mac. The Apple Pencil works well. I rarely have issues. I can imagine improvements, but nothing major, and the app is regularly updated and improved.
Last update is amazing. Adding shapes makes flow charts so much easier to draw. Extremely useful in my line of work. Well done
I’ve been using Notability for the last three years for all my work note-taking and editing and have found it brilliant! I’m impressed with the ongoing improvements that have continued to make it more user friendly and quick. Thanks to the dev team! Rob.
WHAT DID U DO TO THE TEXT TOOL. ITS SO BAD NOW I CANT SELECT TEXT. BRING BACK THE OLD ONE
Fantastic app for note taking. Love the seamless Apple Pencil compatibility.
Can you add multicolor pens to the arsenal? That would be awesome! Thanks.
I use the recording function to tape conferences which I can later transcribe Using the photo function I’ve been able to develop a photo- care record for my rose garden. I use the Apple pencil for all manner of writing. My iPad is not far from my reach throughout the day. Love it
Notability has changed my life when it comes to note taking! Incredibly easy to use and the handwriting is awesome!
This tool has revolutionized my data management practices. I always had a paper gap with my information engagement and management approaches. This product has enabled me to smoothly engage and redline electronic materials via pdf import / exports. Transition whiteboard design sessions to a medium that is not only faster to adjust, but infinitely more shareable. And the latest release allowing snap-to shape creation, along with a great hand-writing-to-text allows me to create presentation quality figures! Thank you for such a great tool and continued improvements.
The recent update has made this almost unusable. Cut and paste does not work properly and will even crash the app. Cut a specific area and it just takes a square rather than the selection. This is a huge feature I use on every homework question. App is practically unusable for me now. I can’t edit my pictures like I used to. I could cut a problem from the book and resize it much smaller, now its freaking huge and there is nothing I can do about it. There are several more bugs I noticed soon as I tried to use the app, but honestly I am so freaking upset I don’t even remember them. Back to paper and pencil for me.
Hey guys. This app crashes every time I try to title an image that I’ve inserted. You know the area underneath an inserted image that you can type in? If I try to type there, it will definitely crash. Needs to be fixed!!!! Thanks for the great app. P.S. you guys need to add different pens styles instead of just the two.
I love you, thank you for the partial erase and introduction to drawing shapes. I’ve wanted this for the past year using this at college and I finally get both. Thank you!
really glad they added features like the shapes not being figures anymore and partial erasing with different sizes. also the interface slightly changed and it looks a lot cleaner. thanks for listening to our complaints!
This app is great for easily organizing notes, especially if you are a dental student and have an ungodly amount of them. This (plus PowerPoint) are all you need to have on your device to survive those heavily didactic first years . . . The app is always coming up with new features to make it even more user friendly.
Not an improvement. Turns my words into tiny shapes
Very useful app, best friend of iPad Pro, making iPad productive for study. I particularly like changing the color of pdf readings from sheer white to yellow.
I catch myself trying to undo a lot when writing or drawing. The app would be the most amazing thing if it added one very simple feature - *two finger tap undo* like procreate. They shared their source code for this btw so dropping it in would be easy and would make it the best noting app ever. Also, would be great if it could support Polish
Currently using the iPad 2018 with Apple Pencil, note taking with pencil is not as smooth as I would like when moving at certain speeds and angles, if you’re a perfectionist try Evernote sketch feature or Notes with pencil instead of pen
Love the app. Worth the purchase. Really needs to include music manuscript though. That would make it perfect.
Have started using this for taking notes and annotating pdfs in University. Fantastic app, which makes note taking a dream. Especially like all the support for cloud storage services, as well as iCloud backup and sync.
I’m using the 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 inch with Apple Pencil and every time I rest my palm on the screen it detects it even with palm rejection on and it’s not my iPad I tried good notes and it was perfect. Not worth the 11 euro
Love this app, it’s my primary note taking app for college. Would love if they added the files app to the options for auto backup, and maybe added some more page design options
Great app. Really hoping they add music manuscript pages instead of having to Import them. Bar that worth the purchase.
Really great app, tried a few of the top notebook apps. While it doesn't have the most refined set of options or pen configurations when compared to apps like Notes Plus, it has remained my go to option through 4 years of college for two reasons. It's reliable, never lost any notes and syncing has never been a problem. The second is the biggest selling point for me, and that is the record option, which syncs the recorded sound to your text or sketch input. This is invaluable for lectures as it allows you to listen to the exact point corresponding to the text input. The app could still do with with a few extra pen configurations option and sketch shape recognition, like one note and Notes Plus would be great additions, but overall it's a great app and worth the money.
Its simple and easy to use and the palm rejection is just phenomenal, better than the app that came with my stylus can do.