60% Off Sale Today. To celebrate our 25 millionth download, we have dropped the price to its lowest ever.
Listen to your local police radio live to get the latest news and stories before everyone else does.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, air traffic control, railroad, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Adds over 50,000 more feeds
- Access to cool skins
- A station search feature
- Music feeds
- News radio feeds
- Comedy radio feed
- Removes ad banner
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine and various other news organizations.
* iPad Version Available *
We've also dropped the price on the iPad version of 5-0 Radio. Look for 5-0 Radio HD in the Utility category on your iPad.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to airport control tower chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the music you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in almost all parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection (35,000+) of feeds you will ever find in the app store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins. Go to SmartestApple.com/skins for more skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-listened to feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- Catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request or a list of available police feeds? Go to http://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
The applications 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds) was published
in the category News on 2009-12-04 and
was developed by Smartest Apps LLC.
The file size is 47.30 MB.
The current version is 39.1 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to see ads in the app.
I like the radio
I know what's going on in my neighborhood and beyond!
Had this a long time ago live it!
This was an awesome app, useful for when there was police activity, but recently it doesn't work. I had just paid to support the developers and remove ads, too. What a shame.
I paid for this app and used to be able to listen to Adams County Colorado police. Now it doesn't work. Just try's to play. It shows other users are listening. I can't get it to work on my iPhone or iPad.
The layout and formatting is horrible. This app should be so easy to use a first grader should know how to use it. I feel like I never get to a home screen when I first open the app. It should list what you want to listen to. Fire/ems/police/ etc. It just takes you to an an area to listen to. You click on a link and it takes you to the internet browser to look at advertisements. I am listening to a popular part of the city where I am from and I hear no radio traffic whatsoever. So far very disappointed, please update this app so it is competitive with today's competition.
The ads have scam ware in them
Enjoy listening to cops putting away liberal protesters
I like this app!
Upgraded hoping to get more feeds from law enforcement and emergency services but got essentially the same thing plus some compiled links to audio content available on any browser.
5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds) by Smartest Apps LLC
App/Book 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds) has been updated to 39.1
App/Book 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds) has been updated to 39.1
Have had this app for awhile and it gets better and better.
It's been great listening to all the things 50's or Police Men & Women are doing for the people throwout our nation.
Has a map for some reason, shows where you are but doesn't show the local stations. I think there's a chat function which isn't used frequently. The most popular function is good to find a station that isn't mostly dead air static. The glossary is a handy function. I had broadcastify on android, that had a cleaner interface. Does what it's supposed to do. Could be better, I guess, but it's pretty ok.
Good but I paid for the Full version and I don't see anything special about the full version
I've used this for years and listen almost daily. But, the music radio feeds are mostly dead links now, this app needs an update!
Very good scanner. Got the extra feeds but you don't need it. I have tried multiple scanners and this one works the best. Money well spent.
I like it
Definitely recommend the app. There can be so many crazy things happening right around you, so it's cool to have the insider info available right through your phone.
I downloaded this a few months ago and have really enjoyed this app. I don't know if "enjoyed" is the right word, since you hear mostly the tragedy of your local community, but I must say it's a wonder to listen to the bravery and compassion of the first responders in my area. With all of the histrionics about "killer cops", when you actually listen to the calls they respond to...how they rush into dangerous situations at the risk of their own lives, to protect others who are in danger...it's a whole different scenario then what you hear it first hand. Just yesterday, my local police responded to a call of a suicidal man who threatened he wanted to commit suicide by cop. This is a terribly dangerous situation for a police officer to confront. Either they get hurt or they have to hurt or kill the person. My local police rushed to the scene with 4 police cars. Within minutes they had the man in custody and off to a hospital where he could be treated. They did it all with no injury or loss of life on either side. A week ago, in the early morning hours, they responded to a car accident involving a mother and her 8 year old son. The officer there called in that the mother was in an ambulance but he couldn't locate the boy. A few minutes later, he called in that he had located the boy...and to call the coroner. There was silence after the dispatcher said "copy". Then...over the airwaves came the voices of other officers as they said "God Bless you, brother". The sounds of support and comfort that came through for the officer on the scene of that tragedy were wrenching. You hear a different side of the story. It's wrenching, it's loving, it's tragic and it's uplifting. Get this app...you can hear the first responders from all around the country or just listen in on your own back yard. It's a fantastic app for the price. My only wish is that there were a way to pause the scan at a particular point so it didn't move on to another area when something major is happening. Sometimes a big deal happens and as you are on the edge of your seat listening to the calls...the scanner moves on to another frequency within the city and you miss what happens. There isn't a way to stop at a certain point like there is with a regular scanner. If you could add that capability it would make the app perfect.
Great form of entertainment