60% Off Sale Today. To celebrate our 25 millionth download, we have dropped the price to its lowest ever.
Listen to your local police radio live to get the latest news and stories before everyone else does.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, air traffic control, railroad, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Adds over 50,000 more feeds
- Access to cool skins
- A station search feature
- Music feeds
- News radio feeds
- Comedy radio feed
- Removes ad banner
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine and various other news organizations.
* iPad Version Available *
We've also dropped the price on the iPad version of 5-0 Radio. Look for 5-0 Radio HD in the Utility category on your iPad.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to airport control tower chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the music you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in almost all parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection (35,000+) of feeds you will ever find in the app store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins. Go to SmartestApple.com/skins for more skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-listened to feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- Catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request or a list of available police feeds? Go to http://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
The applications 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds) was published
in the category News on 2009-12-04 and
was developed by Smartest Apps LLC.
The file size is 47.30 MB.
The current version is 39.1 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to see ads in the app.
Keep in mind this is not a real scanner and so you can only get a select number of what is in your area, not all. One nice feature is that, unlike a real scanner, you can get different cities. I do feel it is well worth the price I paid for it.
Thank you to all the 1st responders!!!
So far it's pretty easy to use. Definitely enjoy an ad less app
I have had this app on my phone for a while now and it's been great. I can listen to everything from Police, Fire, EMS, to pilots talking to ATC at Philadelphia International Airport. I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars because I noticed that several feeds that I had saved as a favorite no longer works (New Castle County PD; Philadelphia Fire). It says there are 20 listeners but the feed won't play for me. I even tried going directly to the website and it still won't play. Not sure what's up with that.
Get tired of the channel I listen to being shut down!!
Now I'm able to listen to my local PD in the car when I see something going on. 👍🏼
I have been looking for some time for a good fire and rescue scanner. Being in a public place on a regular basis is important to know about fire and rescue calls. This app has exceeded my expectations and I have a recommended.
Love this app!
Gets rid of visual adds better than the free app.
The most popular iPhone news app is 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds) ($3.99)
Started with the free and became addicted! However the ads were so annoying so I got the pro version and its so much better! Very satisfied.
The app works well but I wish I didn't have to hear the constant white noise between calls.
It's a good app
I really like 5–0 radio Pro. This is a very cool app which is much better than I even expected. I find so many feeds here to listen to. I love this app.
Great scanner stations radio and ham radio stations from around the world! Love it!
I use this in addition to Scanner Radio. 5-0 will play through the Bluetooth audio connection in my car--the other app will not. However, it lacks the Broadcastify alerts present in the other app. Also, while it is nice that I can record audio, the in-app playback doesn't work on my iPhone 6s Plus. I must email the recording to myself in order to play it.
This is an OK app. It doesn't scan all channels in any given area, but is entertaining.
Enjoy very much. Easy to use.