What if you could take the best construction calculator and fix it. That’s right ... you love it, it has served you well, and you stand by it ... but could it do more? Could it be easier to use?
After testing by pros from around the world, BuildCalc is ready to give you more - more function and more answers with less complexity, less hassle, and less confusion.
• Advanced Baluster Function: Complete layout of railing and staircase balusters with less guess work - and with all the flexibility you need for every custom job.
• Advanced Stair function: Stair layouts for professional results - including dimensioned drawings of your Stringer, Stringer Installation, and Finished Staircase. And you can email a PDF of these drawings right from BuildCalc so you can print them or share them.
• Fence Function: Give BuildCalc a fence row length and it will tell you how many posts, rails, pickets, and or panels you need.
• Interactive Functions: The Stair, Baluster, Compound Miter, and Rafter functions are now fully interactive. Want to change input values? Change the Run? Switch between Regular and Irregular Hip Roof analysis? You can do this and your results will be updated automatically - without you needing to remember what key to press.
• You are no longer tied down to: only one brick, block or tile size for the masonry function; a fixed number of drywall sheet sizes; only one footer cross sectional area; or one size of shingles and sheathing. If you don’t see the size you want, you can add as many as you need. And for area input, you can store your custom sizes in Length x Width format, so you won’t have to do mental gymnastics to figure out what was the dimensions for that last size you stored.
• Want to cut your hip roof rafter using a miter saw ... or a circular saw using a hand-held protractor? With a tap of a button, BuildCalc will automatically switch between Miter Saw and Protractor results. BuildCalc can do this for Compound Miters, too.
• Sheathing Angles, Purlin Angles, Gable Area, Backing Angles, Plan Angles, Rough vs. Finished Stair Layout Dimensions, Stringer Throat, Stringer installation dimensions ... and a lot more not found on other construction calculators.
LESS COMPLEXITY AND LESS HASSLE:
• Tired of having to press and press and press buttons to get the results of a calculation? BuildCalc puts an end to this. For all advanced functions, you get ALL of your results in list form with just one or two key taps.
• And, rather than having to write down those results, all advanced functions allow you to save your results - as many times as you want with a label you choose - so you can recall the complete results at your convenience. Now you can do a calculation today and two days, two weeks or two years later, it is there for you.
• Less “quirks”. Have you been annoyed by arcane key stroke sequences on other construction calculators? We are too. BuildCalc 2.1 streamlined the keystrokes to do a better job of giving you less “errors” and more results. Don’t remember what you have to enter before a Hip Rafter or Stair calculation? Well, now you don’t have to. BuildCalc will provide you with a check list of inputs and on-the-spot help to get it right.
• Drywall and Masonry “Room Mode”: If you have stored a Length, Width and Height for a room, BuildCalc will give you the Drywall or Masonry required for the walls and the ceiling / floor - with only a tap of the Drywall or Masonry button. No more pondering over complex key sequences ... it just works.
NOW WITH ADVANCED STAIRS, BALUSTER, AND HIP/VALLEY FUNCTIONS
Get more results than you ever could before - including dimensioned Stringer, Stringer Installation and Finished Staircase Drawings. Drawings can then be emailed to others or printed at your convenience. Email us and we'll send you an example!
The applications BuildCalc - Advanced Construction Calculator was published
in the category Utilities on 2009-10-14 and
was developed by 42nd Parallel.
The file size is 16.09 MB.
The current version is 2.4.3 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
① BuildCalc no longer stops background music (from other apps) from playing
② Volume button will be orange and show mute symbol when device is muted (thereby overriding BuildCalc's key click volume setting)
③ Volume button is scaled correctly for iPad portrait and landscape orientations
THANK YOU FOR FIXING THIS PROBLEM. I use this app many, many times a day. Mr Deaf, can you hear me! Why are you so stubborn? The app developer is deaf since he has the clicking of the keys so loud and he is deaf to the reviews about this. The loud and very annoying key click is many times louder than the iOS default click. No one around me wants to hear the annoying clicking of the keys and I should not have to turn the volume up and down because of this ridiculous app. Also, this app has had many updates in the last month due to so many bugs, but this developer can't correct the loud clicking of the keys.
Very odd organization to calculations. Footing calculations are far from clear. You need to spend lots of time figuring it out. Good luck remembering how it works next time. I would recommend the developer provide figures for each calculation so the user does not need to relearn every time they want to do a calculation.
I purchased several other construction calculators as a test and this is the clear winner. It is well thought out with professional type features. Hopefully I can post more in the future. PS - The key clicks on this (and other construction calculators) are loud which is helpful for working in the field, but there is a mute button right on the display screen if that's not desired.
Far and away the best building calculator I have ever used. The advanced features for laying out ballisturs, cutting stair treads and calculating material set it apart from anything else out there. I only wish that more people would download it so that the developer would have a reason to update it more often!
Hello my name is Luke P, I'm a professional framer out of NJ. I Been using Buildcalc for about a year now and I gotta say it's absolutely amazing! It gives you everything you need in roof framing- I do no most of all the formulas to be done without the calculator, but this really does save time in the field! Thanks Buildcalc!
I am a timber framer and our shop also does lots of other architectural projects out of heavy timber. This is the construction calculator you want. I use it on a daily basis and it has never failed me. I use it for simple to very complex and it saves untold amounts of time. It does hawkindale calculations and with the touch of a key explains them, including square tail fascias. My boss frequently asks me to verify his autocad drawings for entry errors. I cannot recommend it enough.
I'm a professional timber framer and I've used a construction master pro trig model for years. This can do all if that and much more. It goes beyond being a calculator and performs like a piece of software. I still use the CM for simple feet and inch stuff and BuildCalc for anything serious.
Just bought the iphone6. This was one of the first apps I re-downloaded. It works great with the new IOS8.
Really needed a new construction calculator, and like everyone else, couldn't stomach paying another $100 for a new one. Well just downloaded this app and was in the middle of pricing a job, when I couldn't access a certain command! I sent an email to customer support, and to my surprise they emailed me back within about 10mins! Couldn't believe it!!! After being let down in the past by other App companies customer support, its so nice to actually recieve great customer care! Plus, it really is a bloody good App! Well done!
#1 construction calculator ever made
Love this app use it every day. Great for fig concrete angles and everything under th sun
I'm a pro carpenter, have been for many years, I have the C.MIV and the C.M Pro. This is all that and more, for twenty dollars! You don't get upgrades on those other calculators and if you lose it's gone, $80. This is great that it follows the user and not the hardware. I used this app on the job for the first time yesterday cutting in a mixed pitch roof, what a joy. I carry my phone, in a otterbox case, anyways what a great way to use it! I love my phone and I love this app!
I am a carpenter and I cut roofs, when there is need for a conventional roof. I have a construction master calculator and this app is just like the real thing. For those who need instruction, if you press a key and hold it a new screen will pop up and give you a brief explination. O must say again if your working on a conventional roof this is a 5 star app. I wish there was a greater need for conventional roofs as apposed to trusses.
This app is the bomb. I have had several construction master pro's and this takes the cake. Two thumbs up to the ones who built this app.
My Construction Master IV is dying a slow painful death. I was faced with spending another 80 odd dollars to replace it. Then I found BuildCalc. It made sense to by "software" for the hardware I already owned and carried about, my iPod Touch. It took very little time to get used to it and as it comes with out a manual. This calculator app exceeds the Construction Master IV and I have to remember only one cary one item. This is a great tool, and every Architect & Builder should have it. The Construction Master IV served me well over the years and I will miss touching the spread keyboard but this app will soon make it all a distant memory.
This is exactly what I was looking for.
This is by far the best calculator I have used and seen out there! the functions that this one has blows away the Construction Master Pro . Im amazed at all the functions that this app can do. Spring and Compound angles for Crown molding!!! Awesome! Im a finish carpenter and I really love this app. The Help menus are my favorite part! Its hard enough to remember how to use all the functions, and formulas. The Help menus really are nicly done. with Illustrations and easy to follow "how to" Thank you for this app. Spend the $20 its so worth it!!