Provides a flat compass view and an augmented reality 3-D view showing the solar path, its hour intervals, its equinox, winter and summer solstice paths, rise and set times, twilight times, magic hours and more and a map view showing solar direction for each daylight hour. Also includes sun-event device notifications plus a widget showing today's solar data and position on arc.
Featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites, and publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. "Truly amazing", "Incredible", "Brilliant" - the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality - ever!
▶ Photographers - for planning optimal light conditions, sunrise/sunset directions, golden and blue hour times
▶ Cinematographers - to find exact sun exposure, directions and times for any location
▶ Real Estate Buyers - to find the sun exposure of properties you are considering
▶ Drivers - find how long your car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot
▶ Campers and Picnickers - for finding where to camp, sit, pitch an umbrella
▶ Gardeners - for finding optimal planting locations and seasonal sunlight hours
▶ Architects - for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year
▶ All Sun Lovers! To find the sun, even when it is hidden by clouds or walls
* Uses GPS, magnetometer and gyroscope to find the correct solar position and path for your current location
* Flat compass view showing current solar position, diurnal solar angle and elevation (separated into day & night segments), shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness
* 3D augmented reality camera overlay view showing the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked
* Camera view also has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun
* Map view showing solar direction arrows and elevations for each hour of the day
* Ability to choose any date and view solar path for that day
* Ability to choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations)
* Additional details including rise, set and culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical and astronomical twilight times
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods and events, such as golden or blue hours, various twilight periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* User option to include summer and winter solstice paths on both flat compass view and camera view
Videos, videos, videos
* Check out our YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ENGG6Drww
* Search YouTube for "Sun Seeker app" for many other videos, websites and blogs created by enthusiastic users
* See http://www.ozpda.com/sunseeker/faqs.html - also easily accessible from the app's info screen
* IMPORTANT - Please ensure that Settings / Location Services / System Settings / Compass Calibration is switched ON. The app's 3D view cannot work without it!
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
The applications Sun Seeker: 3D Augmented Reality Viewer was published
in the category Navigation on 2009-10-05 and
was developed by ozPDA.
The file size is 20.03 MB.
The current version is 5.3 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
* Optimisation for latest iOS releases.
* Fixes mirror image bug when taking 3D View screenshot with forward facing camera. Image and solar overlay are now shown without mirror imaging in the saved screenshot.
Always off calibration
Getting a strange location error. Wrote the creators and haven't heard back yet.
See above. This app has everything.
As a professional photographer, I depend on this app. I don't know what I did before it!
App works well especially for me to see how much sun a particular location is getting with all the obstructions in they way with 3D view. Wish I could rotate the 2D view. App was a little pricey too.
The augmented reality 3D mode is a tremendous advantage when doing preliminary site visits. Then as design progresses, the app provides a beautiful, quick means to check what might be expected regarding sun exposure impacts on the proposed building. The traditional heliostat type of display is visually clean, easy to read for the comprehensive overview from whatever orientation you are facing. To top off the excellence, the app allows link to camera for taking screen shots - yeah!!
Seriously. Nothing extra. Just perfect.
QUITE impressed and pleased! This app is a wonderful application of technology and delivery. It provides what I want and need without fluff or figuring (on my part. There is obviously MUCH figuring on the app's part!)
I'm a professional commercial photographer specializing in interiors and lifestyle, this app has been by my side for many years and continues to be an integral part of my tool kit.
I use this app for planning photo shoots. I when I need to be at s location for the best lighting conditions. It's well worth the small price.
Does what it's supposed to do.
As a photographer I need to know where the sun will be morning, noon and evening. This app is always spot on and loads instantly.
Very good and accurate app. Use it all the time at work. Great and easy to work with. Fantastic.
A very helpful tool that shows when we have to plant and provide extra shade for sensitive plants.
I bought the app for keeping track of the sun when I am photographing. I particularly like the map feature.
Great app, I used to estimate the shade on some big trees that I planted at a park - worked awesome !!
That is really cool. EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'm buying a playset for my kids in March. However I don't want it to be cooking in the sun in the summer. This helped me determine where to install it. Thank you.
Love it for lighting films!