Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
The applications Music Studio was published
in the category Music on 2009-09-04 and
was developed by Alexander Gross.
The file size is 873.79 MB.
The current version is 2.8 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming! New in version 2.8:
• Audiobus 3 support featuring MIDI routing and Audio Unit Extensions
• Bug fixes
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
The midi export/import functionality is top notch. The only complaint I have is the wireless server option. I feel like that is not needed and we should be able to toggle it off. I am normally not one to produce a full track on my phone, but if I need to this is a wonderful app for on the fly projects. It's also universal. On the iPad it stands up to apps like Cubasis in terms of functionality. It does not have the professional tools like Cubasis. The built in effects are decent and you have the option of using third party apps. It is it a fraction of the price compared to the competition. Much better than using GarageBand. One thing it is missing is built in synthesizers, but it tries its best with decent sounds.
Thank you for all of the features. The vocals sound awesome on this thing. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND NEVER QUIT UPGRADING AND ADDING AND CREATING!!! Studio time can be expensive and so can musicians....I applaud the maker of this app.... Job well done. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I have to say I'm impressed with this app! It has a lot of useful features such as built in midi instruments (and a lot to choose from too) as well as audio tracks to record from a microphone or line in. I really like the Inter App Audio support so you can record audio from other music apps and virtual instruments you may have installed on your device. Here's why I couldn't give it five stars: when I record audio tracks, it will record the wave, but it won't play the sound when I play back my recordings. I can't get the audio tracks to "play" even though the waveform is there. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Or is it a glitch that needs to be updated? I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy because I really do like this app. I just wanted to bring this problem to someone's attention just in case they're having the same problem.
Love it. Easy, intuitive. I would give it to a friend.
I couldn't live without it. Thank you!!
The only thing missing from this app is the 808 bassdrum and if this app had it, it would be flawless. Please add the 808 to this app asap!!
It's like a mobile version of Pro Tools. You can import drum kits, sample hip hop beats, equalize and edit sound, it's a really thorough experience.
The idea that I can compose, sequence, record, edit, and mix on my iPhone is still amazing to me. This is not a toy. It is a full featured music production studio that fits in your pocket. Just think about that for a second. IT IS A FULL FEATURED MUSIC PRODUCTION STUDIO THAT FITS IN YOUR POCKET!!! Anyone who is not amazed at the features and quality contained within this app simply doesn't understand what they have in their hands. It's phenomenal! Love it! You asked for suggestions? Ok. Here goes... Intuitive music composition with predicative styles and palettes. But even if that never comes to pass, get this app. You won't be disappointed.
Is it possible to get any 808 drums or any thing in the app itself without hooking up to midi? I literally do everything on my phone or iPad, but love the app‼️⛽️🔥
This app keeps getting better. All functions become second nature with time. Music Studio is great for all stages of your musical career.
@justinstaple: the Trap Producers Union will be presenting Lex Luger with a sizable check for literally creating the FL Studio template…
Dave Mustaine Says MEGADETH Will Be Back In The Studio By The End of The Year #metal #music
@COMICCOP: Al B. Sure talks with Donnie in the studio about music and family. @DonnieSimpson @Chillerspeak @MajicDC
This is an amazing app. I have added it to my Live rig. Only one problem the modulation wheel stopped working. Please put out an update to fix this.
I really like the beautiful sounds this music studio offer, thank you
For such a powerful app you'd expect a lot of problems, but the only two I've ever encountered after using it for like 2 or 3 years (I just got it on this account but I bought it before on another) are rare problems where the reverb would make a very loud noise in some situations and another where the top buttons would be offset by a few millimeters. It's hard to find something so capable with so few problems.
I have not been able to eliminate the cross talk problem even though I have followed all of the advice on the support forum. Unfortunately this makes the software useless for recording multiple tracks, or recording a track against a metronome. To bad, I had high hopes and invested a lot of time learning how to use its many features.
This app is how I started making music back in 2011. I made so many songs on this app I'm pretty much the master of this app! I love this app cause it reminds me of 2012.. But that is one big problem. It looks exactly the same and sounds exactly the same. They really really need to update it to keep up with music now days. I work with fl studio now as a music producer making rap beats and I can say this app does not have up to date sounds with 2016 music. Really needs better and newer sounds and really needs a look update. Looks exactly the same as 4 years ago. They need more effects to and way more sounds. Once that's done I will be happy. But still love this app because it started me out in my music career.
Autotune could be very useful!
I love this app but it won't let me upload to soundcloud every time it just crash and won't let me do it
For the last 4-5 years this has been my go-to-app. Great for writing out ideas when away from an instrument, on the road or flying. I've started many songs using this app and was able to easily move them to logic or pro tools to finish them up.
Can't stop using it I prefer it over garage band and you should just get it!!!
Been using this app for 4 years now and can't stop loving it !