For serious shooters who are serious about their shot!!!
••• The most advanced ballistics calculator on the market
••• Trusted by the best: Armed Forces / Shooting Instructors / Lifelong Marksmen
••• Advanced Precision Ballistics
5 STARS: "I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world." - Bannon
5 STARS: "I have used this app for my 308 Rem 700 to my 338 Lapua. I have made some fun shots using this app. I have been using it ever since it was an iPhone app. US Marine Approved. Thanks!" - Ob1goose
5 STARS: "I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!" - Rick
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- NEW: Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
The applications Ballistic: Advanced Edition was published
in the category Utilities on 2009-01-30 and
was developed by Peak Studios LLC.
The file size is 18.00 MB.
The current version is 6.3.3 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
Quick update that includes a handful of bug fixes.
Please email us if you run into any issues:
This app will do everything you need and if you need them to add a bullet or load that it’s missing you can ask to have it added. Great app support
I have changed my opinion of this App. Based on customer service they deserve 5 stars. I live in remote Alaska I shoot for meat. I usually crack off one round with each of my rifles at the range just to make sure I have not beaten my rifle so bad they are not on target. They addressed my complaints and out of respect I’m going to launch at least 5 shots down our range this year because I owe it to them.
Everything I always wanted in a ballistics calculator and more. Completely satisfied! Paul
This program has Avery poor user interface. You can load you previous data edit the data but you can not save the changes. I think you have to create a new favorite and start from the beginning. The target analyzer simply does not work. I took a picture of my target but could never enter the size using the ruler it kept disappearing. I use the program OnTarget all the time an it easy to use.
A great education!!!
Spent $19.99 on the in app purchase to import data from my Kestrel Drop 3 and it was not even close to accurate as they advertised. Reached out to developer multiple times, returned 2 of my Drop 3 units (at my expense) and even gave them contact info to Kestrel. Problem is still not fixed. Was told they would get back to me. it’s a huge pain to deal with these AH!! Dissatisfied to say the least!! Oh yeah, the ballistics side of the product is awesome!! Gets only one star though.
Great accuracy & very flexible 👍
You want to buy a better ballistics program. It does everything it says it will do and you will not be dissatisfied. C
The app needs to update for the new projectiles that are on the market way more often
Best ballistics app I have used.
Ex army. Shooter found this awhile ago and it’s just gotten better over time. I highly recommend to any shooter range or hunting. Great for a set up hide for hunting put in your ranges like a range card but better.
Good piece of kit. A must have .
Easy and straight forward to use, best of all it's very true to calculations in the field. I mainly use it out to 600 yds for my 7mm Rem and find it spot on.
By far the best out there, so many options.
I've used just about every ballistic app available and Ballistic AE remains my favourite.
Great bit of kit
Awesome ballistic app
Great ballistic app for the iPhone.
Best ballistics app I've used for both the range and in the field! Have used the web-based version for years but being able to take JBM wherever I go is awesome!!
Prior to now, I have been using the Nikon SpotOn Ballistic calculator. It’s a little buggy but it has done what I needed. Plus, I have Nikon BDC scopes on a couple of my rifles and SpotOn calculates hold-over corresponding to little circles on the reticle. But... I wanted something more. I read the glowing reviews but agonizing over the $15.00 price. Finally, I decided to “pull the trigger” and purchased Ballistic AE. All I can say is: Wow! I can’t imagine a more capable calculator. While I’ve only been playing with it for a day, I have not yet found a bug (unusual in my experience). Interestingly, the trajectory numbers are slightly different from SpotOn’s. Note: Given my skill level, the differences are academic but for a real contender in 1000 yard competition, those differences become meaningful. The bottom line is: I’m happy I ponied up the $15.00 and I know this app will give me lots of pleasure. As a final note, after learning my way around in Ballistic AE, I’ve been looking at Kestrel weather meters. This is the ultimate irony because, remember, I agonized over the $15.00. Here’s a heads up about something I did not understand until after the purchase. There is a separate iPad app that takes proper advantage of the iPad’s larger screen. The iPhone app runs fine on the iPad but it has the typical 1x/2x button that just enlarges a screen designed for the iPhone. I would still have purchased the iPhone app (because I typically would not take my iPad on a hunt) but I wanted everyone to know about the difference.
This app has been accurate to a click or two at ranges from 100 to 1000 yards. And the HUD is easy to use, and give me accurate wind corrections when you need them. I have use this program for the load data for 5.56 to .308.
Very good has definitely extended my range with air guns. I love the pellet selection.
So much to learn on it, but it's amazing!
Very detailed but easy to set up
I was skeptical about another ballistic app. I've tried many in the past and just wasn't impressed. I went ahead and gave this one a shot, and, well I wasn't disappointed. This program is pretty spot on. I've had 1st shot hits out to 1000yds with just the calculation the app has given. No previous dope. Very impressed.
This calculator is amazingly accurate. It is a must have for any serious shooter. I was impressed with the ballistic coefficient info built into the app. I have dozens of bullets for several various calibers and I haven't found a bullet on my shelf that is not listed in the app. This calculator allows user to enter to enter info such as sight hight, wind, elevation, humidity, velocity, etc... calculates info and charts ballistics incredibly precise every time.
I've used this app for several years now and is now the only calculator I use. I am a long range enthusiast and have used this to help me predict very long range trajectories (out to 1,050 yards so far). I've used it to help predict spin drift, to estimate range based on mil readings, estimate point of impact shifts with different bullet and velocity combinations on the same Gun/scope combo, and even to lob sub sonic .308 rounds out to 600 yards. It allows you to look up your ammo from a database or input your own if you Hand-Load. I like that you can save your favorites loads for all your rifles. Overall a very helpful app. Paul
This is the first shooting solution program I have purchased. With a little range time and practicing with the program variables all three of my hunting rifles (300 Ultra Mag, .257 Weatherby Magnum and a 30-06) are on the money out to 700 yards. If your after an easy to understand program that's self contained on your smart phone look no further. Hunting in the mountains or hitting gongs at 700 yards this program lets you input real time wind, altitude and elevation data and generates a trustworthy shooting solution. The data base of bullet BC's and drag coefficients is very user friendly. You can easily input live wind direction, speed and temperature. Push the calculate button, dial your turrets and shoot. Great work guys!
I have seen it in use to set up my 308. Worked brilliantly. I put it on my phone and it keeps shutting down!