For serious shooters who are serious about their shot!!!
••• The most advanced ballistics calculator on the market
••• Trusted by the best: Armed Forces / Shooting Instructors / Lifelong Marksmen
••• Advanced Precision Ballistics
5 STARS: "I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world." - Bannon
5 STARS: "I have used this app for my 308 Rem 700 to my 338 Lapua. I have made some fun shots using this app. I have been using it ever since it was an iPhone app. US Marine Approved. Thanks!" - Ob1goose
5 STARS: "I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!" - Rick
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- NEW: Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
The applications Ballistic: Advanced Edition was published
in the category Utilities on 2009-01-30 and
was developed by Peak Studios LLC.
The file size is 18.00 MB.
The current version is 6.3.3 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
Quick update that includes a handful of bug fixes.
Please email us if you run into any issues:
The app needs to update for the new projectiles that are on the market way more often
Best ballistics app I have used.
I lost all my favorites and truing data. Talked to customer service on phone. He didn’t know how to fix because was not familiar how to obtain the favorites from cloud. Wanted me to call Apple to figure out and then call him about the fix. I’m Done!
Not user friendly at all compared to many of the other calculators out there. It is poorly designed and organized. It should be simple. Enter in your rifle data and save it. Enter your ammo data and save that. Then on your main page choose your rifle, choose your ammo, and then enter in station data and distance then press calculate. BUT IT’S NOT!!!! I spent 2 hours of my life that I will never get back, plus $10 to buy the thing hoping for something better than the Shooter Ballistic App. Hell the crap calculators put out by the Ammunition manufactures is better than this. I would rather go back to doing it the old way with pencil, paper and a slide rule, along with DOPE charts. More crap to pack but at least it is there and useable.
Great app. Very accurate data output and user friendly!! The guy designing it has asked for user input on snipershide forum which is awesome. Best app for ballistic you can find IMHO.
Just got a new device. Pretty frustrating that all of my profiles were deleted and did not transfer over even though I have iCloud for the app setup. Need to get that fixed as well as ability to share profiles across multiple devices.
I purchased a copy in hopes of being able to measure the distance using my iPhone. But unfortunately after a few attempts trying to reach support they have yet to respond. Well after a few days I received support and all is good! I hope support stays strong because this app does wonders.
Title says it all. The developer of Ballistic AE Jonathan Zdziarski thinks that semi auto center fire rifles with detachable box magazines should be reclassified under the National firearms act of 1934. Which will regulate the rifles the same as a fully auto machine gun. He’s an IDIOT
I love the app but for some reason the weather is not syncing. And when I custom set a reticle is appearing oval or is not centering for the range finder.
App has not been updated in a long time.
Ex army. Shooter found this awhile ago and it’s just gotten better over time. I highly recommend to any shooter range or hunting. Great for a set up hide for hunting put in your ranges like a range card but better.
Good piece of kit. A must have .
Easy and straight forward to use, best of all it's very true to calculations in the field. I mainly use it out to 600 yds for my 7mm Rem and find it spot on.
By far the best out there, so many options.
I've used just about every ballistic app available and Ballistic AE remains my favourite.
Great bit of kit
Awesome ballistic app
Great ballistic app for the iPhone.
Best ballistics app I've used for both the range and in the field! Have used the web-based version for years but being able to take JBM wherever I go is awesome!!
I've used this app for several years now and is now the only calculator I use. I am a long range enthusiast and have used this to help me predict very long range trajectories (out to 1,050 yards so far). I've used it to help predict spin drift, to estimate range based on mil readings, estimate point of impact shifts with different bullet and velocity combinations on the same Gun/scope combo, and even to lob sub sonic .308 rounds out to 600 yards. It allows you to look up your ammo from a database or input your own if you Hand-Load. I like that you can save your favorites loads for all your rifles. Overall a very helpful app. Paul
This is the first shooting solution program I have purchased. With a little range time and practicing with the program variables all three of my hunting rifles (300 Ultra Mag, .257 Weatherby Magnum and a 30-06) are on the money out to 700 yards. If your after an easy to understand program that's self contained on your smart phone look no further. Hunting in the mountains or hitting gongs at 700 yards this program lets you input real time wind, altitude and elevation data and generates a trustworthy shooting solution. The data base of bullet BC's and drag coefficients is very user friendly. You can easily input live wind direction, speed and temperature. Push the calculate button, dial your turrets and shoot. Great work guys!
I had been using a different ballistic calculator for a few years; but it was not very accurate at longer distances, so I tried this app hoping for better results. No joy. One of the things that I liked about this app was the ability to tweak the calculations by inputting actual observed bullet drop measurements. When I did, it said that my 300 Win Mag was flying 4999 FPS. I wish. Also, the interface is not very user friendly. I only allows you to only create bullet profiles and not rifle+bullet profiles. That's not how most shooters operate. As a result I have deleted the app.
I like it better than JBM because it's easier to account for differences in sight-in elevation and shooting elevation. Plus unlike JBM, this also works at archery speeds.
This app do most things that you need to do with ballistic calculator
I love this app. Was dead on out to 1200 with my .308
If the price went to $200 I would buy it n a heartbeat, This app is great for beginner, intermediate, advanced, and point blank range to extreme long range, I hit a mile using this application and bout to hit 1.5 miles, the better your data input the better the output data, this works great for hunting, target shooting, red dawn situation, "anything" Work flawlessly never has failed once through the hundreds of calculations I've punched in.
Amazing functionality from the app. Some aspects are way over my head but when you get down to the nitty gritty the app shines through and is very useful. I mainly focus on trajectory and the HUD. Makes shopping for factory ammo easy until I can reload. Great app!
Once it's set up, this app is easy to run. Love it.
This app is the best for my long rifle needs. I would wish for the app to have the ammo library updated more often, though!
I have seen it in use to set up my 308. Worked brilliantly. I put it on my phone and it keeps shutting down!