The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Learn what the forecast is, whether hourly, daily, weekly, weekend or 15-day.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Hurricane Central: Monitor tropical storms and hurricanes and get safety and preparedness tips. When a tropical storm or hurricane forms, track it and stay safe with Hurricane Central.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – the app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Get high-risk allergy alerts directly from the home screen, links to allergy insights, and a daily pollen outlook with our improved allergy tracker.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at [email protected]
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at [email protected] with any suggestions or questions.
The applications The Weather Channel: Forecast was published
in the category Weather on 2008-11-09 and
was developed by The Weather Channel Interactive.
The file size is 134.93 MB.
The current version is 9.2 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
Now on iPhone and iPad!
• The world’s most downloaded weather app is now available on iPad. Get the same reliable and accurate forecast on a larger screen and in both Portrait and Landscape modes.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at [email protected] with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Please fix the glitches! The latest update is not smooth when scrolling causing the adds to pop up at the most inconvenient time with sound no less! The tab for the storms in your area no longer works. If I have music playing it now causes it to stop periodically when I open the app. I love this app and have “weathered” through other issues but this time it just adds up to to many! Thanks
This app is terrible it lags horrible and it does not do well with different locations.
One of your recent updates makes it more difficult to swipe to other locations...why?!?
Weather is a fake construct from the government to cover up 9/11 and the fake moon landing. Hail the rainmaker And murder all liberals #KYS
What happened to the Follow Me weather info? It used to give the local info by default. The app is incredibly slow and now responds to random inputs. It used to flow very fast. iPhone 5s 10.3.3
10/17/17 UPDATE! Well I just updated to the newest version... and NOTHING is better. The lag is mind numbingly slow, no change in radar loading and I realize the version I am using is free, but come on TWC. The last two updates have done nothing to actually make this a better app. In fact it has gone from A marginally functioning app to a downright terrible app. Everything is super slow to load, the radar won't load at all, and the last page in my list of cities now loads first so I have to scroll all the way back to the first city on my list which takes a solid 2 to 3 minutes since it is so incredibly slow. Weak sauce!!
I have a iPhone 5c and still am not able to update the app. An error message displays saying it's not compatible with my device. Is this ever going to be fixed or should I just delete the app?
What happen to swiping across to get weather in different cities? Did OS11.0.3 take that away? Lost some stars for that.
Nothing like being in a quiet room and having an add open by itself and start screening at you.
I previously rated this app four stars (missing one because I was unsatisfied with the hurricane information section) but not going to a one star. I used to love this app but I have to echo many others due to this update. You can't scroll between cities. Everything lags. And for me, I keep getting an error message that says "couldn't update your forecast. Please check your internet connection and refresh to try again." My internet connection is fine and I've tried to refresh with and without WIFI and nothing. What's the point of having a glitchy app. TWC if you can't get it together soon, I'm switching.
ENGLISH CHANNEL WEATHER UPDATE | for the latest 7 day weather forecast for the Dover straits visit here:
Typhoon Lan May Rapidly Intensify to a Super Typhoon and Threaten Okinawa, Japan This Weekend | The Weather Channel
Imagine not knowing what a forecast is, and thinking all these years The Weather Channel's local on the 8s has been controlling the weather.
App continues to have an increasing amount of bugs. Unable to update data or change location, ads that go fullscreen without the ability to close, radar doesn’t update.
I used this app for ten years and always loved it, but now ever since their iOS 11 “update” nothing works. I no longer receive weather notifications, the app itself is sluggish and incorrect. I love the weather channel on tv but you guys need to hire someone that knows how to build an app or else you’re gonna lose a lot of customers. I know I’m deleting this useless app today. I have many other weather apps that put you guys to shame. Anyone thinking of downloading this app...don’t. It’s not what it used to be.
You’d think a weather app would have difficulty bringing an arguably powerful device to its knees, but TWC sure showed us. Gonna go ahead and delete this in the meantime.
Since the update the app opens at the location last searched. It used to always open to the current location. Everything else is good.
Trying to use the Apple watch app and no data comes up and eventually I get a message saying “connection not available”
Wouldn't it be cool to include historical averages in the info section where humidity, pressure, UV index are displayed? I'm in Alabama in mid-October and it's 85 degrees... if the app displayed the average temp for this time of year, I'd know whether to be shocked or not. (If this is displayed somewhere, I'm missing it.)
This app is more accurate than my local newscasts
There is way too much info on home page when app is pulled up that it takes minutes to actually start using the app. Then once you start to scroll thru or try to go to another function (i.e. radar) it takes forever to download. Simplicity would would suit them well
I had this app but now for some reason it won't download on my phone! I tried to update it but it said it wasn't compatible with my phone so I decided to remove it and reinstall it. Now it won't even reinstall says it isn't compatible!! What's up with that??!! Why doesn't it work on 5c anymore?? It worked fine until you decided to change it!! Now I have to find another weather channel to use!
0 stars, app deleted. Unfortunately if you don't pay for a subscription it's loaded with ads and videos which make the app very slow and freezes as the ads and vids constantly load.