Lose weight and get healthy with the world’s smartest diet app. The app takes care of everything - planning, counting calories and nutrients, exercising and eating better. Since 2008, over 7 million people chose MyNetDiary to lose weight.
This app is like a coach in your pocket, always ready to help. You start by setting a weight goal. The app analyzes your diary, calculates your targets, and guides you with personalized advice and diet tips. All you have to do is to keep track of your food and exercise, which is a snap with MyNetDiary.
MyNetDiary is based on proven science - it's rated as the #1 mobile diet app in an independent study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
The New York Times, comparing to MyFitnessPal, calls MyNetDiary “simpler… quicker… also, it looks nicer."
MyNetDiary has been featured in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, NPR and many more.
"This is the best tool I have ever used to keep track of my weight loss.”
"This app is extremely user friendly."
"Absolutely awesome – it’s like having your own nutritionist with you at all times.”
WHY MYNETDIARY IS BETTER
• Absolutely the fastest food entry! Logging takes only a few minutes a day
• The largest verified food database, over 700,000 foods, UPDATED DAILY
• Most flexible app with customizable Home screen. YOU pick and choose what you want to see.
• Not just calories and macros - pick and choose from over 45 nutrients
• Best privacy - does not require account creation
MORE GREAT TOOLS
• Food Grade for each food - better food choices made simple
• Works with iOS Health App - syncing foods, workouts, weight, BP, BG, and more
• Syncs with fitness trackers and scales from Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone UP, and Withings
• PDF reports to print and share over email
• PhotoFood Service - if a food is not in the database, send its photos from the app and we will add it!
• Weekly diet analysis - intelligent, comprehensive feedback
• Powerful recipe editor
• Charts for nutrients, calories, body measurements and more
• Syncs with MyNetDiary.com for online tracking
• Very fast and easy entry. There is no faster app than MyNetDiary.
• Searches as you type
• Built-in barcode scanner makes tracking a snap
• Over 500 activities and exercises
• Exercise logging with built-in GPS walking/running - no other apps needed!
• Syncs workouts with iOS Health app
SIMPLE AND FLEXIBLE PLANNING
• Set your target weight
• Plan for your target date or weight loss rate
• Plan your macros
YOU CAN TRACK ANYTHING
• Track all body measurements, test results, cholesterol, meds and symptoms. If you need something special - create custom trackers in the app!
GET SUPPORT FROM COMMUNITY
• Community forums supported by a Registered Dietitian
• Connect with friends
MyNetDiary app for Apple Watch:
• Check calories and daily totals
• Get daily tips
• Log foods, water and weight
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Some features require a subscription.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
The applications Calorie Counter and Food Diary by MyNetDiary was published
in the category Health & Fitness on 2008-08-19 and
was developed by MyNetDiary Inc..
The file size is 80.15 MB.
The current version is 5.28 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
* Improved macronutrient progress on the Home screen - now it displays grams left and the bars show percent of daily targets.
* New Maximum feature: special Macronutrient panel available for the Home screen (you can add it from Home screen configuration if you would like to use it). The panel can show macronutrient totals and percentages for the day and by meal. Also, if you select Net Carbs as the carbs to display in settings, Net Carbs will be included on the panel. Finally, if you track time of foods (available in Settings), the panel will group and display several snack meals.
* New Maximum feature: if some nutrients are especially important to you, you can add them to the Home screen, to keep track of daily progress, as well as get weekly averages, foods contributing the most of this nutrient, and more. More than 20 nutrients are available for the Home screen.
* Custom food editor allows to assign icon to your food.
* Recipe editor allows to assign icon to your recipe and also recipe weight editing.
* As always - many small fixes and improvements.
If you enjoy MyNetDiary, please consider writing a review on the App Store. Positive reviews improve our ranking and help new users learn about the app, so we greatly appreciate them.
Note that we cannot respond to reviews on the App Store, so if you have feedback or a question that requires a response, send us a support request from the app, or email us at [email protected] and we'll get back to you.
* Fixed Today Widget, added an option to show full or compact view.
* Displaying typical calorie/serving information in food searches.
* Many, many fixes and improvements!
As a free user I am not into the more advanced settings like creating recipes or tracking supplements but the overall layout is easy to use and very helpful. The forums are especially nice. A good group of people that are friendly and supportive with registered dietitians that give sound advice. I took a look at MyFitnessPal and it was a similar layout and I know it's really popular but as such it attracts some of the wrong kind of people. I found the forums to be quite hostile and there were no registered dietitians. I prefer MyNetDiary over MyFitnessPal and have left the latter in the dust. If you want a positive place to be then I recommend MyNetDiary as a kind word goes a lot farther than a negative one.
I really like the interface and the fact that i can use it both on my computer and on my phone without having to spend any money. Ive tried other apps like this but always forget to enter my meals - for some reason, im not having a hard time remembering with this one. I wouldve given it 5star except i find that the food lookup is a bit lacking as far as everyday foods go. For instance, i couldnt find regular old (name brand here) creamy peanut butter, only the all natural kinds and diet kinds which makes me have to look up the info and enter it myself which, if im busy and just entering it quick, im less likely to remember to do. Also, theres not many options on what to add for workouts. I do 30-60m long workout videos but i can never decide what to put it under since most i do are split up with X amount of time spent doing cardio, X amount spent doing stretching, X amount str training, etc.
I tried to put in my info and it wouldn't let me put in a target date that was less than 15 years. It also listed 8000 calorie daily target. When I left whatever it filled in it gave me an error message. Deleted it
like the app but i would love it if i could have a grade in how good the whole meal together is. like you have each item grade but how about a whole meal! that's what i need to see if i'm eating right
I started using this app in 2013 on the advise of a fitness professional. I stopped using it for unknown reasons. I picked it up again in 2017 after gaining nearly 20 lbs. I was hand-tracking my food for an intensive diet revamp and was so frustrated with the time and effort. Then I remembered MyNetDiary. I loaded it onto my phone and, suddenly, the diet I had embarked upon was a whole lot less frustrating. I've lost 10 lbs so far and, thanks to this clever app, which has improved greatly since my last usage, I am even entertained and enlightened by the process. I'm using the FREE version and have budget issues that prevent me from paying to link it to my FitBit so there is a bit of confusion as to whether my steps are really being taken into account. Also, there are boat loads of spelling errors and nutrional calculations in the foods. A user must be very careful when choosing food items. But that's Operator Error more than a fault with the app. The FREE version is excellent. I don't know if the subscription is worth it.
I used MFP for a few years, largely because friends and family did and it was nice to stay connected. On whim I downloaded this and it beats it hands down! However, there are a few things I'd like to see in the app. The ability to sync active calories in health kit, as opposed to just calories from workouts, would be nice. Having to manually add calories burned outside of tracked workouts is a bit of a pain. Also, a complication in the Apple Watch would be great, being able to see calories left or other information on the watch face, and being able to jump right into the app without sorting through the gallery or the dock would be fantastic.
This app is motivational and user-friendly... get it and stick to it and it will be your best friend!
It doesn't say how much sugar intake
Can you change "what's your gender" to "what's your sex". Don't wanna be transphobic. (:
I love this app! But, for some reason, it stopped working with my iOS health app yesterday, and it won't log my daily steps. All the permissions and selections are in place. I even turned them off and on to try and get it to work. Not sure if it's an issue here or with the iOS health app.
This is a good app that helps you record food for weight loss. The barcode scanner is an awesome tool to use when you are changing to clean eating. One of the issues that I find is adding in a home cook meal to the custom recipes. All in all the app helps change the way we approach meals and losing weight.
Really do love the app. My wife, children and I all use it like clock work. Keeps us focused on good food choices. We like scanning the food prior to eating it because that will sometimes sway us into a decision to avoid an unhealthy food.
Getting my health back is my goal. At 53 and over weight from no plan with eating, after a few weeks I am more thoughtful on what I have been eating and have lost a few pounds. It's great to see a breakdown of the quality of my nutrition. It's a little work, it well worth it. I have also purchsed a digital wifi scale and BP cuff. It's all coming together nicely.
I find this app very helpful... Very simple to keep track of your daily caloric intake. I have recommended this app to friends!
I love this app! I have never been able to stick with a calorie counter before and burnt out frequently. This app is easy to use and gives so much detailed information that I can't stop using. Lost 3 pounds in 1 week just using this counter. I love that it tell you how many calories to consume to meet your goal weight. Great app
Suggestion to separate the percentages of carbs to show simple and complex Otherwise everything is very handy to use
I love this app and am obsessed with using it. Within the first week I lost almost three pounds. It is very interactive and has way more to do than just inputting your calorie intake. It is full of informative articles and ways to track your progress to keep you motivated. I find this app so much more fun and effective than my fitness pal.
I love this app! It's very user friendly. I do much better if I log my calories so this app is perfect for that!
I love this app! I finally decided to do something about the lbs. creeping up on me since I'd turned 50 so I downloaded My Net Diary. I've lost 12 lbs. in 6 wks. and am thrilled. I haven't really changed what I eat as much as portion control and I've learned that snacks I thought were healthy really weren't. It has been over a year since I wrote the above review. I have lost a total of 27 lbs. AND kept the weight off with the help of My Net Diary! I can't recommend it enough!
MyNetDiary helped me to lose 7kg and achieved my ideal BMI. I am still using the app to maintain my weight and monitor my calories intake, water intake and exercises...