The ultimate music theory reference tool for musicians of all skill levels. Tonality allows you to view and listen to a large database of piano chords and scales and features a chord-recognition tool that can identify chords you play on your instrument. You can also run Tonality as an AUv3 and view chords that match MIDI input you route to it.
- Over 1,000 chords and the ability to create custom chords
- Search for chords by root, quality, extension, or any combination of these
- Reverse search for chords containing certain notes
- Sort chords by key, number of pitches, key span, and more
- View different inversions and omittable notes
- View chord scale degrees and note names
- View a table of related scales
- View chords on a piano and in the staff (treble or bass clef)
- Chord identification - record a chord through your device's microphone and Tonality will transcribe and identify it
- Commonly used scales and fingerings and ability to create custom scales
- Search for scales by root and name
- Reverse search for scales containing certain notes
- Sort scales alphabetically, by key, by number of pitches, and more
- View scale degrees and note names
- View ascending and descending versions
- View scales on a piano and in the staff (treble or bass clef)
- Add custom fingerings
CIRCLE OF FIFTHS:
- Interactive circle of fifths: view key signatures and scales for major and minor keys
- Jump to relative or parallel keys
In addition to adding your own custom chords, scales, and fingerings, you can:
- Change the color scheme
- Choose the playback instrument (piano, electric piano, organ, strings, or guitar)
- Choose whether to show all keys (including theoretical ones) or only commonly used keys
- Show only basic chords and scales (great for beginning musicians)
- Choose note naming (English or Solfège)
- Open Tonality as an Audio Unit MIDI processor and view the names of the chords you play in real time
The applications Tonality - Music Reference was published
in the category Music on 2019-06-13 and
was developed by Bryce Hostetler.
The file size is 87.99 MB.
The current version is 2.0 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
MIDI and AUv3 support!
- You can now open Tonality as a MIDI Audio Unit within a host app like AUM. Route MIDI messages from a keyboard or another app and Tonality will display the names of the chords you send to it
I enjoy playing piano and love how this app is able to help me expand my ability to write my own music. I am also a total nerd when it comes to visuals and love that this app is really pretty while being useful.
Great app for musicians of all skill levels! I've been playing piano for a few years and this app is helping me practice my scales and understand basic music theory. I can even add my own scale fingerings! The identify chords feature was extremely useful. Would highly recommend this app to anyone passionate about music and seeking to learn more.