Jetting Modena KZ1 / KZ2 Kart [Sports] App Description & Overview
This app provides, using temperature, altitude, humidity, atmospheric pressure and a given engine configuration (engine model, floats, carb bore, emulsion tube type, floats, oil ratio, fuel type), 12 !!! jetting recommendations for Modena KK1, KK1R, MKZ, KK2 engines that have DellOrto VHSH 30 carbs.
This app can obtain automatically the position and altitude to get the temperature, pressure and humidity from the nearest weather station thought internet. Internal barometer is used on supported devices for better precision. Application can run without GPS, WiFi and internet, in this case user has to enter weather data manually.
• 12 different jetting setups!
• For each jetting setup, the following values are given: main jet, emulsion tube, needle type and position (including intermediate positions with washer), throttle valve, idle jet (outer pilot jet), idle emulsifier (inner pilot jet), air screw position
• Fine tuning for all these values
• You can create your carburetor and check the performance (over 90 needles available)
• History of all your jetting setups
• Graphic display of fuel mix quality (Air/Flow Ratio or Lambda)
• Support two idle emulsion tube types (DP or DQ)
• Selectable throttle valve Size
• Selectable fuel type (gasoline with or without ethanol, Racing fuels available, for example: VP C12, VP 110, VP MRX02)
• Adjustable fuel/oil ratio
• large selection of floats
• Adjustable floats height
• Mix wizard to get the perfect mix ratio (fuel calculator)
• Carburetor ice warning
• Possibility of use automatic weather data or a portable weather station.
• let you use different measure units: ºC y ºF for temperatures, meter and feet for altitude, liters, ml, gallons, oz for fuel, and mb, hPa, mmHg, inHg atm for pressures.
The application contains five tabs, which are described next:
• Results: In this tab, 12 different jetting setups are shown. These data are calculated depending on the weather conditions and the engine and track configuration given in the next tabs. For each jetting setup, the following values are given: main jet, emulsion tube, needle type and needle position, idle emulsifier (inner pilot jet) and idle jet (outer pilot jet), throttle valve, air screw position.
This tab lets do a fine tuning adjustment for all this values for each jetting setup to adapt to the concrete engine.
Besides this jetting information, the air density, density altitude, relative air density, SAE - dyno correction factor, station pressure, SAE - relative horsepower, oxygen pressure and volumetric content of oxygen are shown too.
You can also see in a graphic form the calculated ratio of air and fuel (lambda).
• History: This tab contains the history of all jetting setups.
• Compare: On this tab, you can compare two carburetors. To do this, you need to set all the components of the carburetor. The result will be shown in the form of graphs of the ratio of air and fuel (or lambda).
• Engine: You can configure in this screen the information about the engine, that is, engine model (KK1, KK1R, MKZ, KK2), carburetor diameter, emulsion tube type, float type and height, fuel type, oil mix ratio and type of the circuit. Depending of this parameters, the jetting setups will be adapted.
• Weather: In this tab, you can set the values for current temperature, pressure, altitude and humidity.
Also this tab allows to use the GPS to get the current position and altitude, and connect to an external service (you can choose one weather data source from several possible) to get the weather conditions of the nearest weather station.
In addition, this application can work with a pressure sensor built into the iPhone. You can see if it is available on your device and turn it on or off.
If you have any doubt about using this App, please, contact us. We answer every question, and we take care of all comments from our users to try to improve our software. We are also users of this application.