WatchChat is the first app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. You only need to scan a QR code and then you are ready to roll!
With WatchChat, you can
- access all of your WhatsApp chats (and group chats)
- reply to chats via keyboard, quick replies, dictation and scribble
- use a variety of different keyboard layouts*
- view pictures (and zoom into them in native resolution)
- listen to voice messages
- customize quick replies and chat font size
- start a new chat right from the Watch
- archive chats
*The currently supported keyboard layouts are:
- ABC (English, Deutsch, Español, Português, אבגדה, Ελληνικά, Suomi, русский)
- QWERTY (English)
- QWERTY (Español)
- QWERTZ (Deutsch)
- QWERTY (Italiano)
- AZERTY (Français)
Setting up the app for the first time only takes 4 simple steps:
- open the app on your Apple Watch
- open WhatsApp
- in WhatsApp, go to "Settings" > "WhatsApp Web/Desktop" > "Scan QR Code"
- scan the QR code that will appear on your Apple Watch after 10-30 seconds
- if a popup comes up, just try again, it will work out eventually :)
As this is a 3rd-party-app, I would really appreciate if you had suggestions for further development so I can take your ideas into consideration. If you encounter issues while using the app, don't hesitate to contact me, I am more than happy to help.
Please keep in mind that, as the app isn’t officially affiliated with WhatsApp, available features and functionality are subject to change. To keep up with everything, the app has been updated about once per week since its release in 2017 - I am always looking for ways to offer new features or improve the existing ones.
The applications WatchChat for WhatsApp was published
in the category Social Networking on 2017-10-27 and
was developed by Alexander Nowak.
The file size is 39.87 MB.
The current version is 1.65 and works well on
9.3 and high ios versions.
- Series 4 complication icons with background color
Many people have contacted me about the lack of a background color for the icons, looks much better!
- check whether messages have been sent, delivered or seen
Click a message to see the tick(s) indicator.