Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
With our latest update, PlantSnap now works in every continent on Earth! Our algorithm recognizes 90% of all species on the planet, with over 316,000 species in our searchable database.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Snap a picture with your camera, plug the picture into PlantSnap and watch the Plant Database name the plant!
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 316,000 plant species in our worldwide database, most with photos and descriptions.
• More than just flowers and trees- PlantSnap has mushrooms, succulents, cactus and more
• PlantSnap covers over ALL of the plants worldwide and hopes to fully cover almost every known plant species on Earth soon!
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is learning 50,000 new species per month
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Rediscover nature with the help of a botanist in your pocket.
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
• Connecting to nature can be good for mindfulness or spirituality. Whether you’re an avid hiker on the trails or a botanist in a garden, quickly gain knowledge of the plants around you.
• Vacationing in another country? PlantSnap isn't just for the flowers in your garden. We have a global database of plants and works wherever you are!
Stop wondering what those plants, flowers or trees are called, and instantly know their name by snapping a picture! Have access to our growing Plant Database, and stay up-to-date on new plant species!
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
The applications PlantSnap Plant Identification was published in the category Education on 2017-06-07 and was developed by PlantSnap, Inc.. The file size is 64.13 MB. The current version is 1.33 and works well on 10.0 and high ios versions.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
I do field work that requires some plant id and this app was recommended to me. It works so well!
This is the first review I’ve ever left on the App Store. I paid $3.99 for this app and it doesn’t work as promised. There are no less than three prompts when first opening it telling you how to take a proper photo of plants in order for identification to work. This puts the onus on the user to figure out how to get the primary feature of the app to work. I tried it several times and it can’t complete an identification. It keeps telling the user to “try again.” Complete garbage. Don’t waste your money. And no...there was not a problem with installation. 🙄
it’s the best one I’ve used for this purpose and I look forward to more and more contributors making it better and better. Thanks!!
Just moved to a new area of the country where there are plants that are unfamiliar to me- it’s been really helpful in identifying them or giving me a baseline for starting to make a positive ID.
I am pretty impressed. I tested it on plants I know & got about 80% accuracy. Looking forward to more experimentation with it.
If you don’t recognize a rose or a daisy, this app is for you. If you are at all serious and know anything about plants, it is worthless. It’s as though an animal app could tell you dog or cat, but not the breed.
I have had good results with this app. It’s not 100% but neither is my photography.
While I do sometimes have to take a few pictures eventually I pretty much always get accurate information! This has been so so helpful! Thank you for your hard work to develop this!
Worked fantastically and even on dried plants. My advice when capturing the picture, if at first you do not succeed; take another picture as the lighting may have been bad.
I put in a beautifully unique flower I’d never seen before and in about half a second it came back with an exact match! Very impressive and thank you
It really does NOT work. I have tried it so so often, even on plants I actually know. I have never gotten a correct identification. Time to delete this app and try and find one that works
Took a few mins to work out how to take decent images, first took pics of the ones I knew, 100% accurate
Has never Identified a plant correctly
This is rubbish. It does not identify anything. I tried tens of snaps but none is identified.
Taking good pics is key as it does machine learning and comparing to a database of known photos to correctly identify plants. But worked well for me on my tests.
I’m a keen gardener in Dublin Ireland. Snapped my first 3 plants. It got my foxglove completely wrong with no other suggested matches near it. It got my Datura wrong but gave me an option to match it. The third it called blue daisy. Hmm.
It hasn’t identified the only two plants I’ve given it so far. I’ll give it another go
Tried it on two common house plants. It failed on both.
2 out of 5 snaps so far - ok - a bit machine learning to go yet I hope