Pokémon GO has now introduced social and trading features that allow Trainers to connect with each other by adding friends, sending Gifts, and participating in a new Friendship level system that unlocks bonuses. Trainers can now trade Pokémon with other Trainers nearby, earning a Candy Bonus for the Pokémon received.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 800 million times and named "Best Mobile Game" by The Game Developers Choice Awards and "Best App of the Year" by TechCrunch.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Compete in epic Gym battles
You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side. As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Team up to defeat powerful Raid Bosses
A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of June 18, 2018.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the "Health App Data").
The applications Pokémon GO was published in the category Games on 2016-07-07 and was developed by Niantic, Inc.. The file size is 242.47 MB. The current version is 1.77.1 and works well on 9.0 and high ios versions.
- Added new social features that allow Trainers to add and remove Friends on their Friend List and build up their Friendship Level. As Trainers gain friendship they’ll earn bonuses when participating in Raid Battles.
- Added a new gifting feature which allows Trainers to send friends Gifts they collect from PokéStops.
- Added the ability for Trainers to trade Pokémon.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality enables Trainers to search using “Alola”.
With the newest update the app no longer functions for me. I am on the current version of iOS with the 6s+ The app opens loads to the play safely warning then crashes.
holy cow this version is buggier than up north
It crashes! Horrible!
This only pertains to trading Pokémon. I do not understand why the stats get randomized as that was not the case in the original Pokémon games. This does not stay true to the Pokémon game at all. Normally you are suppose retain those same Pokémon stats as you trade them with someone.
My Pokemon Go won’t let me in, every time I try to get in it, it kicks me out and I don’t know why. Please help me! I want to be friends with my mom on Pokémon Go!
This game would be great if they actually cared about the players, I was shadowbanned and was tolled to wait a week to 10 days...so I did. A week later I woke up that morning logged in to see my account unbanned, I was excited, I made plans with friends to drive around and play, but when I logged back in 2 hours later I was banned again...for no reason, I didn’t use 3rd party apps, I didn’t spoof, I didn’t even leave my home that day. I tried contacting support but it’s just unhelpful automated emails and they’re Twitter is just as unhelpful cuz they don’t reply to anyone who mentions a shadowban and rarely reply to anything that’s not positive even tho they’re a support Twitter. And even when they do reply they just link you to put in a ticket just to be hit with the automated emails again... 1 star I can’t give it anything higher if I can’t even play
Yes to the game! Yes to the fun! No to the friends.. why do you have to be level 40 now that’s just stupid! People were waiting SO long for this! You had to ruin it for tons of people..
I love the game but being level 30 to be friends with people is bull crap. Please lower the level.
And now the kids have two dads thanks to poke go.
You can only trade at level 30!? How’s that fair for level 20’s!!? I get that you don’t want starters to have OP Pokémon but at least make it to be where they have to be at least level 20 or 25 😢
The game doesn't even open I've downloaded it like 10 times its so stupid
When I was in England the game was fun but when I went back to my country there were only two poke stops which were far and no gyms at all. In short the game became useless when my poke balls finished on the bright side I did see rare Pokémons