*** Grocery King is honored to be Featured by Apple's Editorial team on App Store's homepage under "New Apps We Love". Thank you so much! ***
Brand new Grocery King for iPhone is here with a beautiful and refreshing new interface designed to delight you every time you use the app. Grocery King is an app that helps you and your family easily create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. With Grocery King you can visually create your lists by picking from 1000's of built-in photos of everyday items from 24 different categories. The app is so much more than a grocery list app; you can collect & organize recipes, create meal plans, create todo lists, track item expiry in your pantry and digitize your reward cards & coupons within the app.
== LISTS ==
• 1000's of everyday grocery items categorized & ready for you to use with built-in photos, just tap tap tap to add items to your lists
• Lookup weekly sales circular for 100's of nationwide grocery stores. Lookup item pricing and specials and add them to your lists
• Create multiple lists, add items and check them off from the lists as you shop, add notes, organize items by aisles
• Search & Lookup millions of brand items to add to your shopping list.
• Scan item barcode to quickly lookup details and add to shopping list or scan to check off an item from lists.
• Highly flexible item catalog to make it your own. Group items further into subcategories
• Grocery King automatically saves your shopping history and organizes them by date. You can also save your store receipt & barcode within the app for easy lookup later.
• Share, sync and email lists instantly with friends and family for a truly coordinated shopping.
• Know exactly when a store is open, get alerted when you are nearby a store, get driving directions or call your store with one click
=== RECIPES & MEAL PLANS ===
• Enter your own recipes, categorize and organize them the way you like it.
• Import & download recipes from 100's of popular recipe websites that include photos, ingredients & directions with a single tap
• Add recipe ingredients to your shopping lists with a single tap
• Search for recipes online by name or ingredient and import them into app with one tap
• Know exactly what recipes can be prepared today by referring to the items in stock in the pantry
• Plan your meals on a calendar. Create reusable menus from your favorite meals
• Offline access.
=== RECIPE ORGANIZER DESKTOP APP ===
• Import, download and organize recipes from the comfort of your desktop computer.
• You can add your own recipes, organize recipes into different categories, add/update ingredients, add recipe directions and everything in between.
• Seamlessly syncs recipes with the Grocery King App installed on your iPhone.
=== PANTRY / STOCK MANAGEMENT ===
• Track item stock whether it's your perishables in your fridge, chips in your pantry, toilet paper in the bathroom or medicines in your medicine cabinet
• Know exactly how much you have in hand & save yourself time & money every time you go out for shopping
• Know when your perishables/food will expire
• Setup reminder alerts to remind you before an item expires
=== TO DO LISTS ===
• Create task lists for things like vacation planning, school projects, work, personal errands, movies to watch & more
• Drag & drop to re-arrange tasks, setup priorities, set up due dates & reminders and be alerted before the deadline
• Group your tasks based on priority and starred. See all your tasks in one single view (Master list)
• Password protected lists, create sub-tasks, sort your tasks by multiple parameters
• Beautiful themes
=== REWARD CARDS / COUPONS ===
• Digitize your reward/loyalty/library card
• Pick from 1000's of ready to add retailers with logos and offers built-in
• Save coupon information within the app like a coupon code or bar code. Get reminded before the coupon expires
==== CONTACT US ====
The applications Grocery King – Shopping List, Recipes & Meal Plans was published
in the category Shopping on 2016-03-25 and
was developed by Pocket Labs.
The file size is 90.75 MB.
The current version is 1.2.6 and works well on
9.3 and high ios versions.
- Fixed issue with Photo search which is now much improved. We apologize for the delay in fixing this issue.
- Under the hood updates for better performance
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Folks... this is an absolute rip off and shame on Apple for allowing them on their website. THESE "Pocket Lab" folks are more like "Pick Poceters." Their customer response is terrible (never reply to any emails). II used Grocery King (paid version) over the past 4 years with the promise from them that my 4-years worth of data was saved "in the cloud". I've switched phones... and guess what? It turns out that none of my data was saved. I am starting from scratch AGAIN with a different developer. When I wrote to their support about it, they refused to respond to any of my emails. Not even a "sorry," we can't help you... NOTHING. Avoid these RIPOFF ARTISTS and don't waste your money.
I love this app! I really love the shopping functionality, automatic inventory tracking and the category functions. My only gripe is with the meal planning/recipe side. In theory, it's amazing, but it's extremely inefficient doing all of the meal planning and recipe adding (especially homemade) from a phone. I want to see an option to do this from a PC and have everything sync automatically.
Crashing fixed. Now I cannot login. Paid 12.99 for premium content, can't login to my account to access it. It just spins. --------------------------------- Constant crashes. Can no longer access recipes without crashing. ----------------------------------- They seem to have abandoned this app. No updates in months. It's by no means perfect. Could use some updating. ----------------------------------- I paid the $12 for the app. It's strong on shopping and inventory management. I can keep separate lists for each store. Then I can rearrange the shopping aisles to match the layout of each store, I can enter prices for each store. Then it will do a price comparison for each store. You can track coupons etc. I find recipe management almost unusable. First of all, the ingredients show up sorted by category or alphabetically, not in recipe order. Second, you can only add an ingredient to a recipe one time. This becomes a problem during recipe import. If you have a long recipe that has sections like Cake, Filling, Frosting etc, then it will only show the last entry for an ingredient. Say your cake calls for 1 1/2 cups of sugar and the icing calls for another 1/2 cup of sugar. All you will see is the 1/2 cup of sugar. Third, the app is not at all intuitive when it comes to ingredients. If you have an ingredient named EGGS and you import a recipe calling for one EGG, it creates a new ingredient called EGG rather than selecting EGGS. This rather defeats the purpose of the inventory tracker. I have a dozen EGGS in stock but no EGG. This is a problem because there is a status indicator on each recipe showing how many ingredients are in stock for a recipe at any time. So you cannot rely on this indicator. Fourth, you cannot add your own units of measure. --Update They are completely unresponsive to support requests. Would I recommend this product? Not really. If you want a solidly functioning recipe/inventory/menu/shopping app, try Meal Board. It is best I have tried so far. Grocery King has potential to surpass it. I hope GK will mature and reach its full potential, but it's not quite there. --12/2016 updates are few and far between
The new update today is great! Our photos and photo look up is working again!! 😄
Update for new rating: Received below response from the developer team and the internet photo search feature is back up and running - and I think it works better than before! At this point, I would recommend the app. Original post: Loved the app at first, so paid for the year subscription. The first time I noticed an issue with being able to search for a photo via internet, I received a response from the Support Team within a day or two. A short time later the issue was resolved and working well again. I've noticed the same problem again so gave it some time before emailing, thinking they could be working on it already. After a month of it still not working I sent an email. Waited a week and still hadn't received a response, so submitted another email - still no response. Not sure if the app has limited support at this time or what. Overall, it really is a helpful app and concept, but I'd suggest you proceed with caution if you are thinking of going with the paid year subscription.
Love it... Annoyed I can't use the option to search for pix on the net! Please fix!
Looks nice and easy to use!!
This app served me well until a week ago. I'm now getting the following error when I try to search the internet for an item picture: "Request failed: forbidden 403 error" I emailed support 2 days ago and have heard nothing so far. The app is on an iPhone 6s. I also had it on an iPad mini 4 with the same issue until 3 days ago. I tried to remove and reinstall it, thinking that might fix the issue, but I keep getting a message in the App Store saying the app is "installed" although it isn't. What's going on? ---------- Update 4/22/17 ---------- Got a response today, probably due to my review: "We are working on a fix for this. Please look forward to an update in the next few days. "
The app constantly freezes, does not let you switch store info, and drains the battery life in your phone.
It makes no sense to me that when I add a custom item and take the time to find the picture I want for reference, other members can't see the picture from their devices. Why would I have to add it separately in each phone? That's what the "share" portion is supposed to do. Add it in one phone, have it in all phones. Please fix this. Thank you.