Ride with GPS - Bike Computer App Description & Overview
Looking for rock-solid GPS logging? How about excellent bike navigation? With support for bluetooth cadence, heart rate and power accessories, Ride with GPS is the best bike computer on the market. Come experience our passion to make riding easy, safe and fun for cyclists worldwide.
Ride, Record, Snap, and Share - Ride with GPS
• One press and you’re off; we’ll provide a map, distance traveled, ride duration and more.
• Designed to be stable and efficient; we’ll record all your stats while leaving battery life to spare.
• See routes and cuesheets planned with our website
• Love your Garmin? Keep it. Our product can stand alone or work in tandem with your existing bike computer.
• Route navigation; turn by turn guidance with voice prompts and cue sheets so you never get lost while riding your bike. Basic/Premium only.
• Rock-solid GPS Logging; accuracy and stability are important. Like you, our GPS won’t quit.
• Comprehensive Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart support; capture power, cadence, heart rate, and more. Can also be used when riding indoors.
• Bicycle profiles for more accurate data; keep your stats organized by equipment for a more complete look at your ride history.
• We love all bikes; Whether you ride a mountain bike or a road bike, our software is the perfect companion.
• Make it memorable; take photos using your preferred camera app, and we’ll automatically associate them with your ride.
• Remember great spots; photos with location data are geotagged on your ride.
• Enhance your Garmin; even if you prefer your own bike GPS, the Ride with GPS app makes it easy to take and upload photos when you are done.
• Be social; publish your rides to social media, or keep them within our community. Of course we value privacy, it's simple to hide any rides from public eyes.
• Make it presentable; add additional details using the Ride with GPS website, and share your rides and photos in a format your friends and family will enjoy.
• Between other software and devices; export GPX, KML, or TCX files from the website for use in other software or compatible bike GPS units.
• Your data; we believe that our users own their data. We’ll never hold your ride history hostage.
• With your devices. Enable Health app publishing in settings and we'll automatically publish your rides duration and distance to the Health app, so you can keep all your fitness data in one place.
FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
• Turn by turn navigation; whether you’ve planned a bike ride in advance, or you’ve found one from our catalog, we’ll keep you cycling in the right direction.
• Keep it real with live logging; publish ride stats and photos in real time, so your friends and family can track your progress.
•Never be lost with offline maps. Download maps and cues for a ride in advance and ride worry free.
Ride With GPS supports all Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth 4/BTE/BTLE) sensors. We’ve tested the following:
Wahoo Fitness RFLKT
Wahoo Fitness Blue HR Strap
Wahoo Fitness Blue SC speed and cadence sensor
Wahoo Fitness RPM cadence sensor
Stages power meter
Polar Wearlink+ BTLE heartrate strap
Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart heart rate strap
Topeak PanoBike Bluetooth Smart Cadence and Speed Sensor
Runtastic Speed and Cadence Bike Sensor
Powertap BTLE speed and cadence sensor
To unlock Offline Maps, Voiced Navigation, Live Logging, and additional features on our website, we offer these subscription options:
• Basic ($5.99/month or $49.99/year)
• Premium ($9.99/month or $79.99/year)
Subscriptions renew automatically unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
DISCLAIMER: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The big news is Apple Watch support. Record your ride with or without your phone and it will upload as soon you reconnect with your phone. Configure your two stats screens via the phone so you can see the important stats on your watch while you ride.
* Big update that includes Apple Watch support with standalone recording for Series 2 and remote control for Series 1 watches.
* Watch-based Heart Rate Monitoring support when recording on the phone via the Watch.
* Bug fixes and minor improvements including:
- Improved OSM and OSM cycling Maps
- Fixed bug where spoken notifications crash on empty Cue notes
- Improve UI in Events
- Improved notification handling on the watch
- Tapping a cue will now identify its location on the map when navigating
- Opening an Downloaded Route will now keep it up-to-date in the Available Offline list.
Do you like Ride with GPS - Bike Computer apps? Please share!
Ride with GPS - Bike Computer App Tips & Tricks
Ride with GPS - Bike Computer Screenshots
Ride with GPS - Bike Computer Video
Ride with GPS - Bike Computer Reviews
Barely functional without purchase
Other apps are better and worth paying for
Finally Apple watch support. But terrible battery life.
By Brubaker 2119
I've been waiting for Apple watch support for a while now. I finally get it and after a 1hr ride this am, my Apple watch battery is down to 51% remaining... Not cool
Big time bugs. Don't use this app
Just downloaded app to find some cool bike routes. Under settings, you are supposed to be able search for routes within 50 miles of your home.
No! App insists on giving me every route in its database. Some routes are over 2000 miles away!
Terribly disappointed !
Good for what is available.
Good for what is available now. Good customer service response. Good instructional videos. App does require membership to do simple route editing and other features that were standard in long lost map websites and apps of 10 to 20 years ago. Have to lower expectations and expect to pay now.
I've used Strava and MapMyRide so I thought I'd give this a try. It won't see any Bluetooth devices so I can't see heart rate or cadence. I have no problems with the other apps
Such a useful app. Thanks for designing.
I have this on an iPhone 4 and will be upgrading to an iPhone 5, but regardless this app had it all, turn by turn voice directions, customizable maps, it just doesn't quit, I've been using it for a year now and it just keeps getting better with age, I have tried quite a few others that don't come close. It orientates maps in the direction you are traveling. I can even put an earphone in, drop it in my back pocket and listen to the voice direction
By Captain Obvious 440
I used this app for hiking and biking. Offline maps + voice navigation = worth every penny!
Does anyone at RWGPS actually use this app?
This used to be my favorite iPhone ride tracking app.
At some point they decided to add an interface to add ride photos to rides. Cool, right? But the *default* is every fricken photo taken between the time to ride started and ended.
It's smart enough to ask if you want to upload 40+ pictures over cellular vs. Wi-Fi, but not smart enough to give you the option to cancel at that point.
Good luck trying to delete all of the uploaded photos in the app, one by one. (The web interface is actually worse.)
Bought this app specifically for a race. Just know that if you ever go off route, this app has no idea how to redirect you back on route... Instead, it will just repeatedly tell you you're off route until you figure out your own way back on route
Not worth it.
Bought this for a race. Accidentally closed it during the race and route was not there when I reopened app. Route was clearly marked and I didn't need this app. If it was a one time purchase I would consider buying it, but as a subscription hell no! Developers are too greedy. Wish I could get my money back.
Extremely difficult to Cancel Account
App has ways to buy, to upgrade but no way to cancel...