narwhal for reddit App Description & Overview
narwhal is a fast, gesture-based application to browse all of reddit. All of these features were designed from the ground up specifically for iOS:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? It’s free, go ahead and download!
We apologize about the pop-up advertisements that have been affecting some of you. We hate these ads just as much as you do and have put in some more precautionary measures in this update to prevent these types of ads. Also, we have been working with our ad provider to eliminate any and all versions of popups. Thank you for sticking with us and helping make narwhal the best reddit app.
Reviews really help us out sooooooo much. If you wouldn't mind leaving us a review with some feedback, we'd really appreciate it! And we'll give you high fives in /r/getnarwhal. Here are the goods:
- Adds alternate app icons to advanced settings (iOS 10.3+ only)
- Re-order your subscribed subreddits in the menu customization advanced settings
- Tap menu headers to collapse that section
- Customize which menu sections are shown or hidden in the menu customization advanced settings
- Re-order menu sections in the menu customization advanced settings
- Updates youtube code to minimize video load errors
- Falls back to web view if a video can not be loaded for some reason
- Fixes issue where safari view (links in comments) would show a blank white screen
- Fixes issue where you would accidentally reply to yourself in a message thread
- Fixes links in comments to /r/all and /r/popular
- Fixes issue sharing links that contain #
- Fixes issue where passcode is not erased after re-installation
Let us know what you'd like to see in the next version in /r/getnarwhal!
Do you like narwhal for reddit apps? Please share!
narwhal for reddit App Tips & Tricks
narwhal for reddit Screenshots
narwhal for reddit Reviews
Pop up ads
Constant pop up advertisements make the app unusable
Where did the settings option go?
Easiest way to hide already seen posts
While the original IOS Reddit app isn't too bad, I find it too much of a hassle to hide posts.
I hide posts I've already read or seen, so I don't have to see them in my feed. Narwhal makes this much easier with a simple swipe gesture.
Perfect Reddit integration.
I opted to get rid of the ads, as it's only a couple of bucks and transfers amongst any other iOS products you have!
Amazing but needs one more feature
It would be nice if this app could sync with what I already viewed on Reddit-actual. Maybe a RES integration? That way posts I saw in my computer don't show up as New in the app as they currently do. Also votes don't seem to sync between devices. I'll upvote something on the app and it doesn't show as upvoted in the website. But it does show up as "upvoted" when I go to my profile. Same backwards. I'll upvote in the computer website and then the app doesn't show the upvote. But it does appear in my profile when I check in the app. I hope this made some sense
Decent experience, best on iOS.
It's a decent reddit experience. Almost as good as Relay for Reddit on Android.
Trying to press on a subreddit while in a thread is horrible though, the button is so small and I have to hit it 10 times before it registers and loads the subreddit.
The ads are a little annoying sometimes but I REALLY appreciate the feature of sharing on social media for no ads, so thank you for this!
The ads are invasive and break UI conventions
I beta tested this app and watched as it grew from an experiment into a viable client.
Recently, the ads have gone from annoying banners (which I can handle), to pop-up full page ads that load slowly and must be interacted with to close.
One ad, just now, made noise. This happened even though the physical sound switch on my iPhone is set to "mute".
I am uninstalling and I am removing myself from the beta program.
Good day, sir.
Freezing every few minutes. It will still let me change posts, but it will not load new posts or comments. Constantly having to restart the app is a real pain.
First ever review after 5 years
Narwhal is simply the best iOS Reddit app hands down. Super clean and crisp Reddit browsing.
Best iOS client
By JD from down south
Sometimes after using it for a while the comments stop loading and you have to kill the app and restart it. It would help to have a fix for this because it's always once you're deeper into posts on a subreddit and it's hard to get back to that same spot quickly.
Beyond the best
Just download it. You won't regret it.
Amazingly simple, yet powerful Reddit client
Nice minimalistic reddit client with a ton of features. The gestures are amazing and the developers are very persistent and thorough with updates.
I ditched Alien Blue for this a while ago and I am not looking back!
Update: continuous updates and progress are great. Keep it up devs!
This app is really good
By Mighty Orphan
Not far from being perfect. UI is pretty amazing.
Update: Just keeps getting better.