Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet App Description & Overview
Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
Do you like Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet apps? Please share!
Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet App Tips & Tricks
Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet Screenshots
Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet Video
Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet Reviews
It used to work perfectly but now it doesn't work at all! I contacted the owner and he simply asked me to buy his other app! Not gonna happen!
Fix your godammed app
It's so slow I do not recommend what so ever. It just loads and loads and loads and loads. I'd rate 0 stars if I could. This is such a scam this should be free
No issues that I can't deal with so far. Great job!! Thanks!!
Red Onion Delivers the Tor Experience!
I must say I am delighted to have found this app. I tried a couple of other Tor browser apps which didn't function ... they didn't even seem to get onto Tor at all. This one is nearly flawless on my iPad Pro -- it does what needs to get done. Get it.
The app worked a while back but now I have so problems, the app won't go over 25% even Though I have waited 30m it still hasn't gone anywhere,a lot of people have this problem too so developers plz fix this☹️
This App Is Fantastic!
By Happy Dude21
I tried a number of both free and paid tor browsers and this is by far the most reliable and easy to use one of the bunch. I highly recommend it.
Very slow to open
Very slow to browse. I am looking for better tor apps to match speed of my pic tor browser.
By MarkM in Vancouver
I like the browser and its interface, but the buttons are not always responsive. For instance, I keep clicking the upper right tabs button and nothing happens. Also the backspace button doesn't work unless I change to another tab. Unfortunate blemishes on an otherwise great app.
Seriously the best
Nothing else needed to say
Best app ever!!!!!
Man this is the best app ever you could do everything on it you could download Videos and a lot of other stuff RED ONION YOUR THE BEST!!!! I recommend buying!!🤘🏽👌🏽🤙🏽
Simple, Easy to Use
Great app. Simple and easy to use. Lots of unexpected features.
As soon as I get on it it won't let me past the captcha or whatever it is, it won't verify I'm human and I've been trying to restart everything and I even tried turning my VPN on and off and it
Never helped. Waste my money