Smart Recorder/transcriber App Description & Overview
Smart Recorder allows you to easily create recordings and then transcribe them using the high quality dictate2us.
Smart Recorder is a full featured recorder and transcriber offering many features beyond what is available in the built in voice memos app. The Smart Recorder family of products has over 1,000,000 device installs. It has been actively marketed and updated for seven years. Use it to record meetings, interview, lectures, classes, todo lists, shopping lists or even your kids voices.
What ever the task, Smart Recorder is the ideal tool. Check out these great features:
- A large record button makes it easy to start and pause recordings
- A main screen with the list of recordings created, each with a play button for easy playback
- Tips and a comprehensive help system to get you up to speed quickly
- Background recording and playback (other apps can run while Smart Recorder is recording or playing or your device can be sleeping during recording or playback)
- iTunes file sharing
- Flip mode for putting iPhone microphone on top
- Email/export short recordings
- Support for Dropbox if Dropbox app installed
- Multiple supported mail/export formats including CAF, WAV, AIF and MP4.
- iCloud support
- Generation of ringtones for the iPhone
- Add tags or pictures to mark positions in a recording
- Time slider/forward/back buttons to quickly navigate through your recordings
- Bluetooth and external headset support
- Auto pause/voice activated recording
- Variable speed playback with optional pitch correction
- Many system settings to control the behavior of Smart Recorder
- Stereo support
- Append to existing recordings
- Categorize/sort recordings
- No time limit on recordings
- Universal app for both iPhone and iPad
- Geo tagging of recordings allows you to keep track of the location where they were created
- Search allows you to search for conversations in a recording (based on the machine
transcription) or for tags (or recordings with specific words in the title)
Extra features (for purchase):
- Disable advertising
- Email/export long recordings
- Voice enhancement
- Machine transcription
Buy now and you will get free upgrades with many new features!!!
If you like this product, check out the Mac Smart Recorder at
Bug fixes, New volume control.
Do you like Smart Recorder/transcriber apps? Please share!
Smart Recorder/transcriber App Tips & Tricks
Smart Recorder/transcriber Screenshots
Smart Recorder/transcriber Video
Smart Recorder/transcriber Reviews
Jury is still out but looking good...
I use the previous version all the time. I am familiarizing myself with this one. Somehow the sound is much better. I tried the Trim function out. It works great. The help section could be better. Machine transcription sounds pretty exciting.
By Mohammed abdf
Easy to use
Great recorder and easy to use. I've had this recorder for years and it serves its purpose well.
CAN BARELY HEAR
By E & N Engineer
WAY OVER PRICED. If it works as advertised it would be just ok for the money. I paid to remove adds then got pestered to buy every little feature. Bought everything because it seemed to work well.
Can hardly hear recording even with "Boost" I paid extra for. I wrote support got no answer. Support is non existent. DELETED APP AND GOT COMPLETE REFUND
BOUGHT "VOICE RECORD PRO" - A much better App for less then 4 dollars.
Works very well, I use in conferences instead of taking notes
Do not Update!!
Use to love this app. Just updated the app. Now there is no longer any sound so it is worth less!!!
By Matthew Jan Cross
I've been using this app for about three months now. I like it's set up. It's easy to use and manage. Stopping a recording is a bit awkward sometimes when I want to start another Recording immediately following. The playback is easy to use. I would give it five stars but for the awkwardness I mentioned. The voice to text option doesn't always work so well but I think that's just a general difficulty in converting voice to text. I haven't tried the optional pay method for doing the voice to text. Overall I do recommend this product.
Tried recording for 20 minutes, and it won't play anything pass 0 seconds
By Black Jack Spiral
Apps crashes consistently. Not worth 16 dollars.
Do not download
Records well but makes you pay an absurd amount for "features".
For example, it's $9.99 to be able to upload a recording to the cloud. Avoid
Good but not huge fan of price
It works fine but won't let you export files if it's more than 3 minutes so you have to pay between 9.99 and 16.99 dollars which isn't worth it in my opinion.
Great app I use it for all audio needs