Topo Maps+ App Description & Overview
Go Deeper into the Backcountry.
** ZDNet's 24 Best iPhone or iPad apps for 2017
** Featured in Apps for the Great Outdoors
** Featured in Apps for Outdoor Adventures
** Featured in Apps for Hiking and Camping
** Featured in Offline Hiking and Travel
** Featured in Get Outside
** Featured in Apps for Plan Your Summer Vacation
"Topo Maps+ is your best backcountry companion" -- TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
Dream Less, Adventure More! Download Topo maps for offline use while deep in the backcountry.
NEVER GET LOST AGAIN
Combine GPS with downloaded topo maps and you can view you current location on a topo map even when you are at that perfect hidden mountain lake that is days from the nearest the cell tower. Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking.
(GPS and compass work without an internet connection.)
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Easily download USGS, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, and Satellite maps so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Be prepared for that awesome journey through majestic mountains, down flower ladened valleys, and over craggy passes. Trace routes to find approximate distances and elevation profiles between locations. After tracing a route on a topo map you can view that route on the Satellite map.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This gorgeous relief shading makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print maps just in case something happens to your iOS device. If you don’t have an airprint printer you can email yourself the map and print it from another computer.
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
* View your current location on the map, even if you are offline.
* Use the compass to orientate the map so you know which direction to go.
* Record your trip to see your distance, elevation profile, and average speed.
* With downloaded maps you can go deeper and farther into the backcountry without being worried about having an internet connection.
SHARE, IMPORT, & EXPORT
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
* Share custom map images
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
* Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
* Organize your routes, trips, and waypoints with beautiful tags.
* Share tags with your friends so they can import the data into Topo Maps+ or into another app via a KML or GPX file.
* Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Save overlay configurations! When you get an overlay configuration just right, you can save it to reuse later.
- You can now hide the route or trail title for individual routes and trails. If you have a custom route title something like "Day 1 of 3" you can hide that title on the map. Simple go to the settings for that route or trail and choose to hide the title on map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause coordinates in a route or track to get out of order.
- Fixed overlay data tags not filtering waypoints correctly for printed maps.
- Fixed a few crashes.
Do you like Topo Maps+ apps? Please share!
Topo Maps+ App Tips & Tricks