iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts App Description & Overview
iMaps+ brings Google powered search, directions and Street View™ to your iOS device. Powered by Google's own vector SDK, iMaps+ boasts quick load times, offline viewing of cached map areas and advanced features such as a route recorder and location based alerts. Maps, directions and search are avaliable globally in over 30 languages*.
- Search by address or textual query (eg 'London, UK' or 'Restaurants in New York'). In addition, you can 'radar search' the visible map area to locate places of interest such as restaurants, pubs, ATMs and more.
- Street view can be accessed from a dropped pin, search result or bookmarked location. Alternatively, drag the peg-man from the top left of the screen as per Google Maps on a desktop.
- Book hotels via Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda.com
- Get step by step driving, cycling, walking and public transport directions. Choose to avoid highways or tolls and select from a number of alternative routes. For public transport, you also have the option of setting an arrival/departure time.
- Set up notifications to fire when you arrive at a specific location.
- Record journeys such as a hike, bike ride or road trip, even while the app is in the background. Recorded routes are saved and can be recalled at any time. (IAP)
- Swipe up and down with two fingers to tilt the map and access 3D views in main cities around the world.
- Map overlays including live traffic, public transport lines and indoor maps.
- Use addresses from your iPhone contacts for search and directions.
- Press and hold to drop a pin anywhere on the map.
- Bookmark important locations for quick access.
** Contact [email protected] for support. Unfortunately, developers are unable to respond to reviews on the App Store. **
*Directions, street view and live traffic details are only available in certain geographical regions.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apptility Limited is not related to, or affiliated with, Google, Inc. Google Maps™, Google Places™, PEGMAN™ and Google Street View™ are trademarks of Google, Inc
New in v4.1
- We've partnered with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda.com to allow you to book hotel rooms at >1,000,000 locations around the world
- Fix for selecting a contact address making the app crash
- Other Bug Fixes
New in v4.1.1
- Fix for the unknown error bug
Do you like iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts apps? Please share!
iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts App Tips & Tricks
iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts Screenshots
iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts Video
iMaps+ for Google Maps ™ and Street View ™ : Transit and Offline Contacts Reviews
Not Worth It
If you can get this to work without having to be connected to wifi please let me know because it NEVER worked for me. Deleted it off my phone and now having issues getting refunded for download 😏
Ok I guess
By Mark - TUCSON, AZ.
Ok I guess.
I like what its offering, but...
I like what the app is offering, but I'm not sure as to how to use it. If YOU can figure it out I'm sure you will find a wealth of info and guidance using it.
Used to be better but now Waze is the ruler! The regular google map gives you street view as well so I don't see the point of having it. I still keep it because I paid for it.
I can always depend on iMaps+ on our trips across the US. It shows me where to find gas stations, restaurants, and sights right down to their street. This is the only map you need.
By Henry marutz
Worthless piece of crap cannot even find pigeon Forge Tn
It has very few businesses programmed. I searched for a Five Guys and it sent me to a location that was 4th closest. I entered the address of the closest location and it didn't recognize as a Five Guys. I tried the same test with other businesses, same poor results.
Too difficult to use on the fly.
The screen changes context too easily, and it is not obvious how to get back. How about a back button? And why not an aways-present 'show my current location?'
By Ernie (Dad)
I love this and use it all the time
No gps support
I need to use gps coordinates but this app does not seem to support it. Back to google maps I guess.
Waste of time for USA
Didn't locate much in many important categories apart from gas stations - navigation resorts to google maps for voice. Save your three dollars and use Google maps to start with. Interface clunky and nonintuitive.
Save your money
In what world do you use white lines for local roads on an off white back ground. When zooming out to see a larger land area local roads cannot be seen.
Another worthless map.