The Post-Crescent App Description & Overview
From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $11.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.postcrescent.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
Do you like The Post-Crescent apps? Please share!
The Post-Crescent App Tips & Tricks
The Post-Crescent Screenshots
The Post-Crescent Reviews
Enjoy getting updates on what's going on in the area!:)
I like this App in general. However, the Green Bay Packers section does not update on my iPad for some reason. I've complained a couple of times and nothing seems to get done. Works just fine on my iPhone.
Good local info.
Always what I am looking for
Newspaper of old
Provides a good mix of stories relating to Appleton. Not too much sports. Good amount of community related stories. Enough national to satisfy me.
By Jonny thunder 14
It's sometimes hard to read some of the one sided liberal thinking stories in this "newspaper". Like most areas, it's the only local paper so they can print what they want and people take it as gospel. Consider it the CNN of WI newspapers. It is Gannet, so no surprise there.
The PC app is easy to navigate and gives me the up to date information I am looking for. Quick and easy.
Great digital paper
Really enjoy this Appleton Post Crescent. Easy to get to and find articles in different sections. Very handy, especially when out of the area. We receive notifications which keep us up to date on all things that are are happening right at this moment. Thoroughly enjoy it. Keep up the good work.
Please fix this app
For the last week or so, every time I try to use this app I'm redirected to the App Store to download it all over again. It's really irritating. Please fix it. Otherwise good app and I appreciate being able to read my home town paper from afar.
App is trash
Constant Spam Alerts
I have the app set to "breaking news", but I receive constant garbage alerts that no one would care about. Sometime 10-15 a day. They need to look up what breaking news actually means.
Poorly selected alerts
By Captain Zesty
If I could filter out all of the non-story alerts without turning them all off, this would be great. For example, it's not news anytime somebody comments on Steven Avery. When something HAPPENS or there is new information, that's news. Write the story, don't push the alert like its a breaking story. It's not!
Great app for viewing local Appleton stories
I have been using this app for a few months and think it is a great app to keep on stories in the Appleton area. Easy to use.